Old Random Thoughts or OT Chit-Chat Thread
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 4 of 11112, 3, 4, 5 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:26 am 

Here's an interesting little tidbit:

http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... itan-games

Seems that Tonyas-Games Ebay account has now been merged with Titan-games.  Not all that big of a deal in the grand shceme of things, its just easier to keep track of who not to buy from. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:51 am 

bclarkie wrote:Here's an interesting little tidbit:

http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... itan-games

Seems that Tonyas-Games Ebay account has now been merged with Titan-games.  Not all that big of a deal in the grand shceme of things, its just easier to keep track of who not to buy from. :)

I think the below notice might explain it better.  I don't think this is private information since it was sent out in an email to all Titan's games mail members.  It looks to me as if Tonya will be taking over all ebay sales while Marcus concentrates on the main business sales only?

Mike B.

Dear Fellow Gamers, Friends, Family and Associates:

Titan Games has been going through some changes.  As you may already know, the owners have divorced, and Laurel King has left the employ of Titan Games (taking a banking job).  Like you, we will all miss Laurel, and wish her well.

Colleen is now the online sales manager for TitanGames.com and 3FREEgames.com, as well as helping out on the retail store floor, and assisting me with purchasing games for the site.  
For the past two weeks, our online sales have sucked.  This has been mostly due to a major flaw with our website - and the emails were going to nowhere and being eaten by the ethernet, or something like that (to me a computer is a magic box, okay?).  However, we have had Greg here working for the past two weeks, and the order form is now forwarding correctly.

Also, in the next week we will be going to an all new format for the website.  Though it will look VERY similar to the old site, it will be streamlined a bit, and contain more information.  Additionally, there will no longer be a case of our putting, for example, the D & D 3.0 Players Handbook in 7 different locations - meaning our DATA will be better formatted to searching, browsing, purchasing, and less amusing.  Sorry, but it's true - our data was so screwed up that we had magazines out of order, PHBs listed in multiple locations for the same game, and other problems.  Currently, the data is still a bit of a mess ( though the orders go through fine).

As such, we are embarking on a new period for Titan Games - one where we will process orders faster, add things to the site faster, and need to buy MORE MERCHANDISE, all the time.  If you have stuff to sell - whether you whole game cache, or collection - or just the stuff you don't play anymore, send it to us!!!  We buy it all!

Additionally, we want to bring everyone's attention another option for buying from the Titan-Games family - and that is eBay.  My daughter, Tonya King, sells on eBay under the name Titan-Games (with the hyphen).  Her feedback is impressive, and though she does some liquidations for me, it is her operation - so if you want to check out titan-games on eBay, you are dealing with my daughter, and she does a tremendous job (though, she is a college student, she is slow to process orders).

Titan Games has gone through a lot of changes in the past 12 years, since its inception in 1994.  Owner Quincey sold it to Laurel, Dale and me back in 1998.  Then I bought out Dale in 2001.  Now, Laurel has left too.  Our online sales managers have been Quincey, me, Mark (who lasted almost 2 weeks!), me, Chuck, Brian, Jon (another short timer), Allan, Laurel - and now Colleen.  Back in the day, we just had some black text on a green background.  Now, it is a bit nicer.  Soon, it will be much nicer than it is now.

Through it all, you - our customers have supported my family, helped put braces on the teeth of my oldest daughter, helped us buy a home, put Tonya in College, and much, much more.  I hope you realize how much I, we, all of us - appreciate your confidence and trust.

Soon, we will have an all new update of new merchandise being added to the site (next week) and you will, again, be getting at least weekly updates from us.

For now, let me say - THANK YOU.  Good things to come.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:28 am 

i quite liked this bit:

"you are dealing with my daughter, and she does a tremendous job (though, she is a college student, she is slow to process orders). "

thats an extract from the book of 101 excuses, coming soon from Judges Guild.  :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:29 am 

killjoy32 wrote:i quite liked this bit:

"you are dealing with my daughter, and she does a tremendous job (though, she is a college student, she is slow to process orders). "

thats an extract from the book of 101 excuses, coming soon from Judges Guild.  :D

Al

Great, how many printings are there to be of that one? :wink:

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:01 pm 

Plaag wrote:
Great, how many printings are there to be of that one? :wink:

ShaneG.

well they keep developing new excuses, so i guess the prints could end up being rather high in time :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:19 pm 

How many years has Tonya been in college? Seems like forever.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:26 pm 

I'm not sure why they even bother with this nonsense. Clearly, Titan/Tonya has always been essentially the same business; I'm not sure anything is actually changing here, except maybe how they structure their tax returns ... which would fall under the "we don't care" category.

This reminds me a little bit of the CougLander doing his weird princess thing. I can't help but wonder what the motivations are. Not that it affects me, personally, in the slightest: I happily ignore all of their listings.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:33 pm 

Two years as I reckon it.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:48 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:i quite liked this bit:

Al

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Wasn't there a thread awhile back about how they needed support because they were desperate due to a break in  :roll:

Lets see Tonya is rude, over charges on shipping, vastly overstates the condition of the items, is slow to ship even with help, and poorly packages them but her Dad is extremely proud of her so that makes it all OK. :lol:  :lol:

"... and may I remind you that this ain't the end. I can still kick some ass." - Tom Petty

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:22 pm 

well yes cos he is the great marcus - and all should bow to his wisdom

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:04 pm 

improvstone wrote:Wasn't there a thread awhile back about how they needed support because they were desperate due to a break in  :roll:

Yar. Here's some handy-dandy linkage to that discussion.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:14 pm 

I got Black Sails Over Freeport from Titan for a song.  There were also some other good purchases from them over the past two years.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:03 pm 

Damn, this is going to be the best year ever.

The Police got back together.  They will be in Dallas on June 26th.

The Cubs play the Rangers the same week here in Arlington.

I am going to my first Gen Con in August.

Now I just need to win the lottery and I'm all set.

:D

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:04 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Damn, this is going to be the best year ever.

The Police got back together.  They will be in Dallas on June 26th.

The Cubs play the Rangers the same week here in Arlington.

I am going to my first Gen Con in August.

Now I just need to win the lottery and I'm all set.

:D

yeah great news about the police - quite surprised its taken so long tbh.

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:16 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
yeah great news about the police - quite surprised its taken so long tbh.

Weird thing is, Andy Summers, who is ten years older, looks younger than both Sting and Stewart Copeland.  I guess that Tantra thing is taking it's toll on poor Mr. Sumner.  :roll:

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:18 pm 

Howdy Al,

Yay! Police reunion tour! Too bad they'll never come back here. Some dude got sick of his GF fawning over Sting and threw a bottle at him! Hit him right above the eye. Sting indeed...

Futures Bright,

Paul

The Collector's Trove The online auction house that features the collections of game designers and artists.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:09 pm 

they will no doubt do the europe festivals n make a fortune!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:58 pm 

The Collector's Trove wrote:Howdy Al,

Yay! Police reunion tour! Too bad they'll never come back here. Some dude got sick of his GF fawning over Sting and threw a bottle at him! Hit him right above the eye. Sting indeed...

Futures Bright,

Paul
I just heard they are coming to Calgary on June 2nd.  I have not ever see them I hope I can get a ticket!

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 4 of 11112, 3, 4, 5 ... 109110111