Old Random Thoughts or OT Chit-Chat Thread
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 29 of 111123 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 109110111
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:50 pm 

smarmy1 wrote:

After reading your post I did a quick Ebay help search and found the following hit using "contact past customer":

Security Measure

Unfortunately, by their definition, I would imagine that they consider your email spam since it did not originate from their system as a 'store' or 'favorites' newsletter which the user must signup to receive.  Their definition of spam is that the email is both unsolicited and commercial.  

I for one appreciate your D&D latest Ebay offerings email since I signed up for your 'Favorite Sellers Top Picks' back in March.  Please keep them coming.  I am more than happy to receive your D&D spam over the V1aG0RA or C1aLi$ crud that floods my inbox. :D

That coming from eBay has got to be the biggest load of #@%$@$ ever! Is this not a free county? Can I not talk to whomever I want? If they do not want to talk to me all they have to do is not listen or reply back for removal. Is eBay now trying to monopolize on advertising? What a crock of sh!!!!!TTTTeee!

BTW you are welcome smarmy1  8)

For the curious, here is the email that I send out:

Dear eBay shoppers,

I have a new set of (A)D&D listings up:

U1-3, OA4-7, Interactive Atlas, and a few PC games

eBay listings

Thank you for your past patronage,
Hugh

PS You are on my mailing list because you were a past customer of mine and had an interest for the items that I sell. If you are receiving this in error or want to be removed from my mailing list, please let me know and I will remove you from my list immediately.

Funny, the person that told me of this is a past repeat customer of mine that has receive this in the past and had no problem with it so, to me it is not unsolicited. Everyone on my list is generated from past sales and have not had a problem, ergo I have permission to send it. I dont' see a problem. But from now one I'll just send out a quick "yes or no" for future sales letter azt the time of winning an auction and cover my bases  :)

Sound off if you need to  8)

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:50 pm 

Kosh Vorlontay wrote:
Funny, the person that told me of this is a past repeat customer of mine that has receive this in the past and had no problem with it so, to me it is not unsolicited. Everyone on my list is generated from past sales and have not had a problem, ergo I have permission to send it. I dont' see a problem. But from now one I'll just send out a quick "yes or no" for future sales letter azt the time of winning an auction and cover my bases  :)

Sound off if you need to  8)

Kosh, there is a place on your ebay page where you can have people sign up for your newsletter....I don't remember if you have to own an Ebay store on not.  You can send up to 5000 ebay emails a month free if you have this option!  It lets you highlight specific items and sales.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 9:49 am 

Is it wrong to feel giddy because Paris Hilton has to do 45 days in the slam?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 9:56 am 

ifearyeti wrote:Is it wrong to feel giddy because Paris Hilton has to do 45 days in the slam?

Nope.  She deserves longer if you ask me.  Maybe she will get stuck with a big ol' dyke as her cellmate.  :twisted:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:48 pm 

ifearyeti wrote:Is it wrong to feel giddy because Paris Hilton has to do 45 days in the slam?

Only if the shower scenes are going to be filmed and released on the internet....sue me, I'm a fan of "Girls in Cages" flicks...
  But I have no doubt, her "hard time" will be of the sort Martha Stewart served, aka special treatment with fawning criminals taking it easy on her and asking for autographs, etc.
 Aside:  Why is it than when a celebrity (Mike Tyson, Martha Stewart, Dwight Gooden, etc) gets prison time, hardened badasses in prison start acting like giggling schoolgirls and swoon like a 13 year old backstage at a Backstreet Boys concert in their rush to take care of them?  They treat the offender with such kid gloves it's like the celebs are on vacation instead of doing time.....it's like the cast of "Oz" suddenly started rehearsing a musical version of Annie Get Your Gun or something.  Just once, I'd like a star to get his or her ass punked out royally in prison.  You think Skilling is in general pop with the homies? Hell no, from the Wall Street Journal's story he's going to be serving his time in a "special" wing of the low security prison just in case someone wants to "hurt" him.  Please!!! 8O

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:26 pm 

Another scalp for eBay's collection: Yahoo! decides to punt on running auctions ...

It all seemed so easy back in 1998

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 8:41 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:Another scalp for eBay's collection: Yahoo! decides to punt on running auctions ...

It all seemed so easy back in 1998

Not a surprise.  Yahoo cared so little about their auctions, and promoted it so little, most people didn't even know they had them.  A pity, because if they (or Amazon) just spent a tiny amount of time or money making the auctions decent they might hae grabbed a small piece of the market.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 3:21 pm 

Games Workshop to put shutters on 35 stores:

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/10547.html

(Perhaps there were sued by Dayec— oh, never mind: it's just too easy)

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:41 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:Games Workshop to put shutters on 35 stores:

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/10547.html

(Perhaps there were sued by Dayec— oh, never mind: it's just too easy)

I am a big fan of these guys and I can tell you the reason for the decline.  The stupid price increases!!  Every year the prices go up.  Some of there figs have been in production for 20 years and they keep increasing the price!   A single miniature (hero or champion) may cost upwards of $30.00 to buy!  That's crazy, no one has prices as high as these whakos.  Reduce the prices already and get more people into the game!!
:roll:

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:01 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:
I am a big fan of these guys and I can tell you the reason for the decline.  The stupid price increases!!  Every year the prices go up.  Some of there figs have been in production for 20 years and they keep increasing the price!   A single miniature (hero or champion) may cost upwards of $30.00 to buy!  That's crazy, no one has prices as high as these whakos.  Reduce the prices already and get more people into the game!!
:roll:

This is touched on at some length(!) in other forums
http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=324721&page=29
29 pages in a week - you'd think they were talking about jonb?!

Some of the stuff in this thread is quite interesting - particularly GWs attitude of 'chewing them up and spitting them out' after 2 years.

I guess it's one of those areas where everyone has an opinion (as it happens I'm sure I could run the company better.....) and the amount of hearsay and anecdotal stuff is phenomonal.

It does bear saying that while GW has reported profit warning, at least they are making a profit - something that I'm pretty sure a lot of games companys aren't.

(Oh, and I think that GW in the UK pretty much killed FLGS, but what do I know!)

Carl

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:19 pm 

For anybody that might be interested the Delta Green reprint is now up for sale on the Arkham Bazaar site.

http://www.arkhambazaar.com/

Lots of Chulhuie Goodness!   :D

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 12, 2007 7:32 pm 

seeyouinescrow wrote:
Yeah...I was going to throw in a token bid at around $5,000,000...but so much for that  :wink:

Now it comes out in the paper here that the last high bid may be a fake!  :!:  :?:  :!:  :!:  :?: :?:  :!:

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 5:00 am 

jasonw1239 wrote:For anybody that might be interested the Delta Green reprint is now up for sale on the Arkham Bazaar site.

http://www.arkhambazaar.com/

Lots of Chulhuie Goodness!   :D

http://www.arkhambazaar.com/index.php?m ... b09d5e8d4e
I'm not a big user of T shirts (I'm a big fan of polo shirts, actually  :P ) but this one is really great! :D

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 9:44 am 

Alexander1968 wrote:http://www.arkhambazaar.com/index.php?m ... b09d5e8d4e
I'm not a big user of T shirts (I'm a big fan of polo shirts, actually  :P ) but this one is really great! :D

That's funny!   :D
A dark young director!
I suppose for the sake of the viewers of the genre movies that it would be better that it was behind the camera instead of in front of it..  8O  8O  8O

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:47 pm 

Memo to our UK friends: the NFL is not that great.  :)

40,000 tickets bought in 90 minutes for London game

I'm a pretty big football fan, but I'm also the first to admit that it's eight seconds of action followed by 40 seconds of 22 guys standing around.

But, man, the NFL can market itself; I'll give them that much credit.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:41 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:Memo to our UK friends: the NFL is not that great.  :)

I'm a pretty big football fan, but I'm also the first to admit that it's eight seconds of action followed by 40 seconds of 22 guys standing around.

Might also be because the game is at the new Wembley stadium--looks pretty nice (but I still think the Twin Towers from the old stadium could've been kept somehow; put outside at the main entrance perhaps). 'Course, having 90,000+ seats does help . . .

Now, the prices seem steep:  $90-$180 per seat, and comparing the prices to the FA Cup Final [roughly equivalent to the Super Bowl]  :?:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:55 pm 

sleepyCO wrote:
FA Cup Final [roughly equivalent to the Super Bowl]  :?:

:?:

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 11:18 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:Memo to our UK friends: the NFL is not that great.  :)

Well, think of it as becoming part of history....it IS the first NFL regular season game in history that is being played outside the USA...I'd probably attend if I could just to say I did!

Here's hoping the Dolphins put a hide tanning on the Giants and sack Eli "The Whine" Manning half a dozen times     :wink:

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 29 of 111123 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 109110111