Old Random Thoughts or OT Chit-Chat Thread
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 19 of 111123 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 109110111
Author

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:47 pm 

Victory!!!!!

'tabs win great race, leaves us 79-73  up.

Clear at Barnes Bridge and good night charlie  :lol:

An té nach mbíonn láidir ní folláir dó bheith glic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-ajduHx5hc

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:49 am 

Random observation: if you hang around eBay long enough, you will see everything.

I just had a negative feedback removed from my file (woot!). I always thought that this was sort of an eBay urban legend, having never encountered anyone who had ever actually had a feedback entry removed. And eBay has always been pretty firm about its feedback policies (semi-lame though they might be), so I just figured "it never really happens."

Has anyone else been able to get a feedback entry removed? Any good stories to share? Mine was from a psycho dimwit halfbreed bipolar mouth-breather of undetermined sexual orientation who was dumb enough to use obviously fake contact information. I think that's what finally got him in the end (he's NARU, now, too). :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:28 am 

Xaxaxe wrote:Random observation: if you hang around eBay long enough, you will see everything.

I just had a negative feedback removed from my file (woot!). I always thought that this was sort of an eBay urban legend, having never encountered anyone who had ever actually had a feedback entry removed. And eBay has always been pretty firm about its feedback policies (semi-lame though they might be), so I just figured "it never really happens."

Has anyone else been able to get a feedback entry removed? Any good stories to share? Mine was from a psycho dimwit halfbreed bipolar mouth-breather of undetermined sexual orientation who was dumb enough to use obviously fake contact information. I think that's what finally got him in the end (he's NARU, now, too). :)

That's one of the only ones that will get removed...that, and obviously offensive feedback that includes cursing, threats or contact info (like your phone number).  Sometimes you can get it removed from a "fly by night" buyer that opens an account, bids, then leaves you a neg and never bothers to do anything else.  So there are several instances that are "exceptions" to the rules. I guess if I had gotten off my ass and bothered to complain I could have gotten about half mine removed, but just too lazy I guess to jump through the hoops.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:02 am 

i've had 2 removed over the years. one of them tried to get one over me and BC at the same time, so with a joint effort we managed to sort it.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:32 am 

obiter wrote:Victory!!!!!

'tabs win great race, leaves us 79-73  up.

Clear at Barnes Bridge and good night charlie  :lol:

Well done!
Question: anyone British in your boat  :wink:

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:41 pm 

I think we had 3 brits and an english cox plus 2 canadians, 2 germans and an american. Oxford had 3 americans, a pole, a croat, a canadian, 2(?) english and the english cox.

http://www.theboatrace.org/article/intr ... vecoverage

An té nach mbíonn láidir ní folláir dó bheith glic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-ajduHx5hc

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:44 am 

And of course, Easter always means...  The Reith Lectures.

This year we have one of you american people talking. I listened to it this morning - really good stuff - I hope his next four will be as good.  :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/reith/

Let's go fly a kite

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:19 am 

red_bus wrote:And of course, Easter always means...  The Reith Lectures.

This year we have one of you american people talking. I listened to it this morning - really good stuff - I hope his next four will be as good.  :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/reith/

The 2000 lectures look like they were probably pretty good...as opposed to 2005 (what a wind bag).

Let mirth prevail!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:10 pm 

This is kind of interesting:

http://www.darksidegaming.com/index.html

Well it finally happened...
After almost ten years of fun-filled, out-of-print game selling, we have finally sold off the inventory to an interested party. We met a lot of great folks, found a lot of REALLY cool old games and had a good time doing it. We really do appreciate your business, and all the buying, selling and trading we got to do over the years, but it is time to move on.

For now, we are getting ready to publish our own line of roleplaying games (which is what we wanted to do from the start, just didnt have the funds) in a simple, grass-roots fashion. They are designed, written and playtested by the Darkside Gaming folks and their allies.

The website will be changing soon to reflect this new direction, and some of the old pages will still be accessible (magazine, art, fiction, etc.), but as a special service, we will still be able to order new product for you at a 10% discount and hunt down OOP games in a limited capacity.

So say goodbye to the old and stay tuned for the new. And dont worry: we're still around, just going through an evolution that I think everyone will like.

See you at the conventions!

James Shade
President
Darkside Gaming

Very happy for them but damn...I found some really great deals over the past few years there.  It's not every day someone can pick up a copy of Hellbound: The Blood War for $20.  It will be interesting to see if they can do well as an independent publisher.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:20 pm 

Keith the Thief wrote:
I'd particularly like to see hats (Fedoras) return to fashion.  My brother-in-law is a boy scout pack leader and wears one of the fedoras you can get at scout shops.  It looks really neat.  Very classy.  It's also incredibly, well, functional .... keeps the rain off ... what a concept.

Keith

I'm a scout leader as well. I wear a campaign/lemon squeezer hat for parades and such, and the scouts all wear vintage garrison (the envelope-shaped) hats. We get lots of admiring looks.

"We were put on this Earth to fart around."
                            - Kurt Vonnegut

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:56 am 

I originally posted this in its own thread, but I decided instead to put it here:

[rant] Alright all,
 This has been simmering with me for awhile now and after today's BS, it really needs to be said.  This forum has utterly and totally lost its focus.  For those of you who have may not realized it, let me let you in on a little secret:

This is a D&D Collectors forum

Now I am not saying that it should be all things D&D, but I mean come on now, it seems like nowadays almost the only thing that gets discussed is who's freaking feelings got hurt.  Is this for real?  Are these newbies that we are supposedly scaring away with such harsh posts really actually  contributing anything other than bandwith space?

A large portion of this all lays in the lap of a certain troll poster that joined us several months ago full time that for some reason we all can't seem to ignore and when we do he will not go away anyway.  I mean he dropped the same nonsense he has been saying for the last 4 months in the recent shipping questions thread and look what happened there. :?  Its not pretty and its not getting any better either.

I am pretty sure that I have ever in my 2 1/2 years or so on this forum ever asked for a poster to banned and that includes certain individuals like Creep1962 & jpipes, but seriously if STS is not going to banned(I really wish Foul would consider it  and I am still all for an unmoderated forum , but its getting out of hand now.), we really all need to act as if he is not here anymore.  He is nothing more than an internet forum Troll, a classic case.  Think about it, everytime he posts in any thread, all hell breaks loose.  All the while I can guarantee that he is sitting there laughing in his own home to himself, while a majority of the people here  seeth and a few others try and defend him.  For those who don't know, that is exactly what a forum troll does, he divides and concquers and to this point thats exactly what STS has done. For some reason though we ignore him for awile , but we eventually keep falling for it.  :?

We really need to reassess what the hell we are all doing here, because this community is coming apart at the seams.  People are entitled to differing opinions and this forum, despite the claims of a select trollish few, has thrived on that principle for a long time, until recently that is.  Mark S pointed out in the other thread today about welcoming new people and growing the community, and I am all for that, but let's actually welcome the freaking people who are part of the community.  Let's also  remember what the purpose of this forum is and I can assure you its not whether or not someone's feelings are getting hurt or who is a swell guy thats not really a collector.   Its tiresome, its childish, its pointless and it has absolutely nothing to do with the purpose of this forum. [/rant]

I am sorry if this sounds harsh and even cold, but it really needed to be said. I digress...

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:32 pm 

Posting here as it is the OT thread.

One of the joys of spending time here is that I come into contact with lovely people from all over the world.  A lot are from the US.  So, I am really sorry to hear about the news from Virginia today people.  I sincerely hope no-one here is affected.  :cry:

Let's go fly a kite

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:40 pm 

Horrible.  My wife just called me about it.  We've got friends who teach there.

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:48 pm 

Expect this sort of thing to increase. We promote violence, revenge and sex like no other country in the world.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:13 pm 

red_bus wrote:Posting here as it is the OT thread.

One of the joys of spending time here is that I come into contact with lovely people from all over the world.  A lot are from the US.  So, I am really sorry to hear about the news from Virginia today people.  I sincerely hope no-one here is affected.  :cry:

sorry to sound stupid. i just got in from work...whats happened?

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:02 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:sorry to sound stupid. i just got in from work...whats happened?

I had no idea either.  A quick google search of "virginia news" brought up a couple hits about a gunman at Virginia Tech.  I assume that's it:

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/artic ... EWell_Pos2

YIM  

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:38 pm 

Every news website will have the story (CNN, MSNBC, CBS, Fox News, etc).

Horrible and sickening story ... don't really know what else to say.

"Never let it be said I didn’t do the least I could do."

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:43 pm 

deimos3428 wrote:I had no idea either.  A quick google search of "virginia news" brought up a couple hits about a gunman at Virginia Tech.  I assume that's it:

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/artic ... EWell_Pos2

Yep...scary shit.  Makes you wonder just what the person went through to make them kill 30 people and injure 30 more with no thoughts of remorse or pity.  I think I am going to move out of the city to the mountains and become a hermit.  At least then I wont have to worry about getting shot by a co-worker because I drank the last cup of coffee and forgot to brew some more.  :?

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 19 of 111123 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 109110111