Old Random Thoughts or OT Chit-Chat Thread
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 16 of 111123 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 109110111
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:46 am 

Remember, this was the same Geraldo who opened "Al Capone's Vault" . . . and found almost nothing (despite the hype!) in it. :lol:  :lol:  :roll:  :!:
Need more be said?

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:22 pm 

what a game of cricket ......

nail biting stuff but Ireland salvage a remarkable tie as Zimbabwe throw it all away in the final 6 overs ..... :D

roll on Pakistan on St Patrick's day,  and of course there's the small matter of a wee game in Rome

oh my aching liver :lol:

An té nach mbíonn láidir ní folláir dó bheith glic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-ajduHx5hc

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:31 am 

obiter wrote:what a game of cricket ......

nail biting stuff but Ireland salvage a remarkable tie as Zimbabwe throw it all away in the final 6 overs ..... :D

roll on Pakistan on St Patrick's day,  and of course there's the small matter of a wee game in Rome

oh my aching liver :lol:

hey bzr

i sat and watched that game - one of the most entertaining games i have seen in ages. i think the irish thoroughly deserved it and fwiw, i thought they deserved the win. i sometimes wish that the more illustrous teams, such as england, would play with the same spirit. very heartening to watch and i hope they go on to play like that against the other teams.

you can see though, why south africa had so many problems with them. they just wouldnt give up!

another huge plus factor for me, was their fans in the crowd - what a joy to watch - looked like they partied from start to finish and that was fab!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:29 pm 

Just a nonsense post really, to while away the hours!

I had a real 'D&D' moment earlier today. Playing in the garden with my youngest (2 1/2) I suffered several powerful blows to the legs from a plastic Lego Bionicle sword. I had been trying to parry the little heathens blows (in a nonchalant manner of course) but she landed quite a few , before we were both told off by the wife and mother!!

Which brings me. laboriously, to my point - after the fracas I couldn't help but think - 'now I know why short races like dwarves get bonuses to hit giant size creatures' - Perhaps I have D&D on the mind a little too much (and should spend more time practicing my swordsmanship) :lol:  :oops:

Like I say - a slow day - sorry

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:10 am 

gyg wrote:Just a nonsense post really, to while away the hours!

I had a real 'D&D' moment earlier today. Playing in the garden with my youngest (2 1/2) I suffered several powerful blows to the legs from a plastic Lego Bionicle sword. I had been trying to parry the little heathens blows (in a nonchalant manner of course) but she landed quite a few , before we were both told off by the wife and mother!!

Which brings me. laboriously, to my point - after the fracas I couldn't help but think - 'now I know why short races like dwarves get bonuses to hit giant size creatures' - Perhaps I have D&D on the mind a little too much (and should spend more time practicing my swordsmanship) :lol:  :oops:

Like I say - a slow day - sorry

For my son's sixth birthday, it seemed like a good idea to buy plastic swords for all seven boys at his sleep-over party.  The swords were actually pretty nice...hollow...about 2.5 feet long.   Even my daughter (who was three) had her own sword and had a blast pretending to fence.

So...it seemed like a good idea to leap out from behind a door, holding a cardboard packing paper roll as my own sword.  The kids squealed and had a great time ganging up on me to fence with me.

So...I pretended to get stabbed and fell on my face on the couch.....

....and then all eight kids proceeded to finish me off by pummeling me with repeated plastic sword deathblows, swung with all their little might.

....and I resolved that the next time I got killed I would try to fall in some place where the little guys couldn't reach me.    :D

Mark  8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:26 am 

No Mark - you must always fight to win - don't show them any weakness or you're dead meat!!

('Mercy is for the weak' - name that film?)

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:26 pm 

Okay, this one is not for the humor-impaired or those who take everything they see on the interwebs a little too seriously. And I'll add that this link might be mildly non-worksafe; it will all depend on how ridiculously PC your workplace is.

Now, with that out of the way, prepare to laugh ...

Rufus and Burne "win" an award:

Click link for funny stuff

Good stuff. I just checked it again (to make sure the link was working), and I started laughing all over again.  :)

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:49 am 

I love April Fools :)

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/news/20070401b

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:17 pm 

Plaag wrote:I love April Fools :)

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/news/20070401b

ShaneG.

Now THAT would be interesting . . . a D&D-based version of Monopoly!  (Why not?  There are already versions out for such as The Simpsons, Coca-Cola, the various armed services, a version for space exploration,  Star Wars [where the d6 is replaced by an R2D2], various cities, the Super Bowl, other sports . . . even a Garfield version.)

BTW, one of the problems mentioned was using 2d20?  Try using 2d8, 2d10, or even 2d12 . . . or, why not 2d4 . . . in your next Monopoly game?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:38 pm 

Ah, it's been such a QUIET April Fool's Day!  Not like in the old days when Frank and I would rip one off after much scheming...

Let mirth prevail!

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:57 pm 

bombadil wrote:Ah, it's been such a QUIET April Fool's Day!  Not like in the old days when Frank and I would rip one off after much scheming...

I've been checking in all day to see if anything was going to go down.
Then I started thinking that people might be having second thoughts since the great February "Potato Wedger" prank.   :P

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:35 pm 

It has been a bit disappointing.   :(

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
--H.L. Mencken

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:41 am 

Ack, sorry guys, I was at Foxwoods all weekend chewing up all the old poker biddies.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:42 pm 

Looking at Mark's new avatar I was prompted to do a little googling.

Interesting site here.

www.rpgstudies.net

Gives details of loads of articles and bits and bobs regarding the Satanic side of RPGs etc. (Interesting stuff - though some of it will make you seeth with righteous indignation)

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:14 am 

Pig-footed Bandicoot Rises From the Dead

http://sciencenow.sciencemag.org/cgi/co ... 2007/401/1

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:01 am 

zhowar wrote:Pig-footed Bandicoot Rises From the Dead

http://sciencenow.sciencemag.org/cgi/co ... 2007/401/1

"I snerked my Guinness when I saw the boomerang thwack the guy," Shadbolt says.

It would be great of they found this animal - but what on earth does 'snerk' mean?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:15 am 

Probably means inhaled, or exhaled thru the nose.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:32 am 

I made up my own name for that..."its called a nasal blurt!"

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 16 of 111123 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 109110111