Old Random Thoughts or OT Chit-Chat Thread
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 14 of 111123 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 109110111
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:40 pm 

thanks, that's been driving me crazy. ;)

-dave

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:23 pm 

red_bus wrote:Monster Manual II p21

By the way - I always thought that MMII was a great book.  Although I am patriotic enough to cheer for the Fiend Folio - MMII was better.

Monster Manual II was a solid book that added a great deal to the game.

I know that I have been critical of the Fiend Folio on these forums.  I actually do like the book.  Sometimes, wierd is good...and some of the creatures in the Fiend Folio were homeruns right from the start.

Mark  8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:31 pm 

its funny that though, as i always thought MMII was a pile of pants....

but hey whatever floats your boat :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:35 am 

Both MMII and FF have their share of good and bad creatures.  Reason I prefer MMII is the art (inside and out) is nicer.  Nothing more sophisticated than that I am afraid  :D

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:27 pm 

well folks its that time of the year again....

here i go off on one of my bizarre crusades again....

back to the sahara for the 2007 Marathon Des Sables :)

bar for having tendonitis in my left foot for the last week for doing a 26 mile walk in horrendous condition....and having appendix removed last october, i havent been injured in a year and i have trained really hard and feel quite optimistic, so who knows :)

well it should be fun anyway (yeeeeeeah right)... :)

am just getting the details together if you wanna contact me while i am there. will let you know shortly!!!

as BtB would say "once more unto the breach dear friends!!" :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:29 pm 

Good luck this time - wahey!!

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:34 pm 

red_bus wrote:Good luck this time - wahey!!

well yes i feel much better prepared tho i wont know til the time of course, but hey i just wont give in.

passed my ECG today so its all go now!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:27 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
as BtB would say "once more unto the breach dear friends!!" :)

Al

Careful, Al!  The rest of that line from Henry V reads:

".....once more, or fill the wall up with our English dead."    8O

Good luck on trying the Sahara race again.   That takes some guts, for sure.  8)

Mark   8)

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:34 am 

Shadowrun player arrested for robbery, claims his character actually did it ... and, no, I'm not making it up:

BBC story

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:48 am 

Xaxaxe wrote:Shadowrun player arrested for robbery, claims his character actually did it ... and, no, I'm not making it up:

BBC story

The RPG Defense.

Some TSR staff members used to spend time testifying in court cases...for the prosecution.

Every teenager who commited a crime from 1977 to 1990 claimed that D&D made him do it.

The TSR staffer (often James Ward) would testify about the game in order to blow up the idea that it convinces people to commit murder, arson, etc...

Mark   8)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:29 am 

oh this is sooooo cool!

you have so gotta check this out and other references too - it is hilarious!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=muppet

:D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:49 am 

Xaxaxe wrote:Shadowrun player arrested for robbery, claims his character actually did it ... and, no, I'm not making it up:

BBC story

I had a player from my early D&D campaigns (1980-1982) who flipped out and ended up institutionalized for some time. He had developed two distinct personalitites separate from his own. Very sad. I often wondered if my D&D campaign based on the Cthulhu mythos pushed him along...

Lost track of him for many years but did see him again once when he was in his early 30's back in the mid 90's. Him and his girlfriend were walking down the main street, both dressed in long black cloaks and him with a six foot staff. Very....odd.  :roll:

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:38 am 

jasonw1239 wrote:
I had a player from my early D&D campaigns (1980-1982) who flipped out and ended up institutionalized for some time. He had developed two distinct personalitites separate from his own. Very sad. I often wondered if my D&D campaign based on the Cthulhu mythos pushed him along...

Lost track of him for many years but did see him again once when he was in his early 30's back in the mid 90's. Him and his girlfriend were walking down the main street, both dressed in long black cloaks and him with a six foot staff. Very....odd.  :roll:

When I worked at a music store in the early 90s, a girl brought to work a story from the newspaper about her ex-boyfriend, he had drifted farther and farther into the then-new Vampire LARP.  His parents were told he wasn't going to school, they came home from work to confront him and found him naked hiding under his bed sucking blood out of raw pieces of meat.  8O  Needless to say he was institionalized...of course the newspaper article was full of all sorts of specualtion about how Vampire was going to cause lots of these situations in the future...I blame heavy metal death music  :wink:

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:45 am 

I have heard a lot of bad stuff about vampire rpg.  I guess the worse one was a group of teens who ended up murdering one of their parents posed as vampires.  Kind of creepy.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:55 am 

hey peeps!

if there is anyone here who would like to e-mail me while i am over in morocco, they have just announced how you do so, as follows:

TIMING MDS Email  

EMAIL-Phone-Fax
09/03/2007
Once again this year, AOI offers you the chance to send emails free of charge to a correspondent of your choice. Around 10 computers will be made available at the "email concurrents/competitors' email" area.
Please be patient when waiting for your turn. You can send a second email for free, but will have to begin the queue again.
Due to increasingly draconian anti spam procedures, you can send your message to only ONE address. You should therefore determine with your correspondent the group of people you wish to forward your message to, before leaving for Morocco.

Note : messages are sent via satellite so computers are not on line. Emails are sent at the end of the day. You cannot send attachments.

Other services on the bivouac: telephone and fax : 4 euros per minute.
Communication (email, fax, telephone) is made by satellite only.

Remember to tell your family, friends and sponsors that they can leave you messages during the MARATHON DES SABLES, but only from 24 to 30 March 2007. Go to the website and follow the instructions.

http://www.darbaroud.com
section "écrire aux concurrents/write to competitors"

After 30 MARCH, this email service will no longer be operational.

Only messages with surname, first name and race ID number will be transferred.
Do not send attachments (e.g. photos). This will cancel the message. Messages will be given to competitors on the bivouac every day.

what this basically means, is that from 25th March to 30th March, you will be able to send me a msg following the instructions above.

so obviously, where my name goes, you will need to ensure you enter: Silcock, Alan, 543 in whatever message box it shows come the time. i cant check now as it doesnt display the option until either late on the 24th or even the morning of the 25th, so you will need to check yourselves and see!

any and all support will be most appreciated believe me!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:00 am 

Hey Al,

Good luck in the run!
I watched a show called The Hour on CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) a few nights ago with an interview with a runner named Ray Zahab from Quebec who is doing the Sahara 7000 km run. Looks pretty wild!

The Hour website says:
His marathon run will be captured and edited into a documentary, "Running for Africa", which will be narrated by Matt Damon.

Interview here:
http://www.cbc.ca/thehour/video.php?id=1448

Secrets of Tibet

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:11 am 

jasonw1239 wrote:Hey Al,

Good luck in the run!
I watched a show called The Hour on CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) a few nights ago with an interview with a runner named Ray Zahab from Quebec who is doing the Sahara 7000 km run. Looks pretty wild!

The Hour website says:
His marathon run will be captured and edited into a documentary, "Running for Africa", which will be narrated by Matt Damon.

Interview here:
http://www.cbc.ca/thehour/video.php?id=1448

hey ray has already done that! he completed it a short while ago, with two other athletes.

amazing guy - stupendous effort which imo, pales everything!

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/runni ... about.html

equates to running 58km a day for 111 days non-stop.

now THAT is awesome in a word man!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:30 am 

Pagan Publishing updates their website with information about the reprint of their Delta Green.

http://www.tccorp.com/home.html

Target date for hitting the stores is the end of May. This is the dual stat BRP/D20 version.

I've been trying to get my hands on one of these for almost a year. Ebay auctions always ends up a bit out of my price range.  :(

Secrets of Tibet

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 14 of 111123 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 109110111