Old Random Thoughts or OT Chit-Chat Thread
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 103 of 111123 ... 100, 101, 102, 103, 104 ... 109110111
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:03 pm 

gyg wrote:Rather than start a new thread, I just want to recomend this book

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Achtung Schweinhund - A boys own story of imiginary combat

A look into the world of the wargamer from boy to man (You'll laugh,you'll nod knowingly, you'll probably cringe a bit). It is a bit disparaging about RPGs but it's a read I can recomend.

(BTW - If you don't want to go the whole hog and buy one pm me and I'll lend you my copy)

I was bought this for Christmas and it is great, although perhaps some elements are a bit UK specific.  He also doesn't like fatasy gamers, but hey, it is still a good book.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:48 pm 

I'm setting my TiVo right now:

http://animal.discovery.com/tv/lemur-ki ... ngdom.html

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:11 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:I'm setting my TiVo right now:

http://animal.discovery.com/tv/lemur-ki ... ngdom.html

Great strap line - " This is one empire that always strikes back"

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:26 pm 

Wait, they have a kingdom? Don't let them get an empire!!!

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:28 pm 

Cue Deimos' entry into this thread in 5 ... 4 ... 3 ...  :)

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:49 pm 

Yay!! Chaosium finally announced the release date for my monograph!!  8)

http://catalog.chaosium.com/product_inf ... 74aa18a6c8

I've been thinking over the last couple of days, that if it had not been for the worlds introduced to me through D&D that I never would have had the urge or confidence to write...thank you Mr. Gygax...  :)

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:33 pm 

jasonw1239 wrote:Yay!! Chaosium finally announced the release date for my monograph!!  8)

Congratulations, Jason!  You rock!

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:48 pm 

Grodog:

What's the scoop? No word from you since Heather's water broke?  Did you manage to slip in "EGG" as a middle name?  Don't keep us in suspense!!!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:26 pm 

eBay wins big award from Better Business Bureau:

http://www.auctionbytes.com/cab/abn/y08/m03/i11/s03

My favorite part is "demonstrated clear leadership." Um ... when? When did that happen? And where was I?

:puker:  :pukel:  :puker:  :pukel:  :puker:  :pukel:

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:22 am 

Over on the Yog-sothoth forum somebody started a topic titled Open letter to Chaosium/Pagan Pub/Are Dream re-scalping

http://www.yog-sothoth.com/modules.php? ... 2&start=15

I posted a reply to the thread which basically consists of "I missed out and don't want to pay above cover price".

My post in reply was a polite attempt to explain that situations that they are complaining about are not always as simple as they think.

Not sure if I should have ended with:
If you missed out on the original offering, by paying your money in advance and waiting or by not snatching up a copy as soon as they arrived in the online stores, that is not anybody else's problem except yours.

Secrets of Tibet

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:19 am 

jasonw1239 wrote:Over on the Yog-sothoth forum somebody started a topic titled Open letter to Chaosium/Pagan Pub/Are Dream re-scalping

http://www.yog-sothoth.com/modules.php? ... 2&start=15

I posted a reply to the thread which basically consists of "I missed out and don't want to pay above cover price".

My post in reply was a polite attempt to explain that situations that they are complaining about are not always as simple as they think.

Jason I agree with you. First off I think the thread was a lot less hostile than it could have been....maybe those on the Cthulhu forum are the more refined sort!  Anyway, the guy complaining was upset there wasn't a copy NOW of an limited edition item that was advertised as a limited edition item from the very beginning. Not to mention that most of Pagan's stuff A. Has shot up in value and scarcity in they last few years, and B. Hasn't been reprinted.  Delta Green Eyes Only itself is a reprint of three very, very hard to find chapbooks that STILL go for $100 or more each when seen on ebay.

When the book was announced, a pre-ordered three copies from Arc Dream a full 6 months before they were released; I immediately sold two of them with markup.  AFTER THIS, I was able to get three more copies from the Chaosium a couple months afterwards; all three of these were soon sold.  So that's TWO, count them TWO chances I had to purchase the item at cover price, with a 8 month or so window to do so.

Everyone had plenty of time to get a copy; would they complain about not getting a room to Gencon if they waited until late July to go looking?  Complain about not getting tickets to a concert if they started looking the day before?  

The solution would be for Pagan to reprint more items (still have never figured out why stuff like Walker in the Wastes hasn't been reprinted); barring that, perhaps a cheaper copy of this (instead of hardcback, a softcover?) might have helped those on a budget.  But complaining there aren't enough of a LIMITED EDITION item to go around 10 months after it was announced....well, you aren't much of a collector, are you?

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:25 am 

on a side-note in a totally different direction, i managed to get sets of tickets to go see my fave band Killing Joke, in London, 3-4 October this year.

YAHOO! playing a different set each night AND back to their original line-up, so its going to be one awesome experience and i can't wait for sure!

this year is just gonna be so amazing. MDS in 2 weeks, GenCon in august and then that in october...so cool!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:01 am 

Regarding the limited edition and low print runs of the Pagan Publishing items, it is my understanding that they do it this way to fall under a "breakpoint" of the Chaosium Call of Cthulhu license.

If they print larger amounts or even reprint or distribute via PDF their license fees increase dramatically. Thus the customers complaints should be centered on the nature of the Chaosium license structure and not on the publisher, retailer or reseller. My 2 cents!

Secrets of Tibet

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:28 pm 

NOT WORK SAFE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwp-lDSN ... re=related

Some of these have references to 1st edition, but most have funny moments.

ShaneG.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:07 am 

New HULK Movie trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia3uPDuojmU

Woo woo! :D

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:04 pm 

I was cruising a web site called "The Thieves Guild" and I came up on a download for NPC's

I thought it would be cool to see some NPC's and perhaps steal one or two for a small adventure for my grandson.
Ever since he joined me to watch while Mike, Robert, John and I played some D&D (Old School) He has been pestering me to DM a game with him running a thief PC.

Anyway, I have been gathering data and working up a small bit of adventure for him.

One NPC caught my attention for MANY reasons.

I have copied and pasted it without changes below.
Have a good read, and then perhaps we could discuss some things about the data below.................

Lauranna
Cleric Of Mishakal 2nd         Human Female
The Good One

STR 17 (Mus 17/Sta 16), DEX 16 (Aim 17/Bal 20), CON 18 , INT 18  (Rea 16/Kno 18.), WIS 18 (Inn 18/Wil 17), CHA 18. (Lea 18/App 20), COM 22, PER 19

AC -3, hp 10, MV 14, MR 75                AL L-G, Age 19, Height 5'8", Weight 100 lbs

Skin tan, Hair brown, Beard        Eyes blue, Vision ultra (90), Wealth 40 gp

She is a short skinny young lady she is very beatiful. she is the wielder of the blue crystal staff of mushakal you will see wearing her blue robes all of the time unless she has her armor of thor on she loves little kids she hopes to have a couple some day.

Weapons
She has the ble crystal staff of mushakal 1d100 against evil, 1 mace 1d6/1d10, 2 daggers 1d4/1d6/1d10.

Non-Weapons Proficiencies
Climb, Heal, Jump, Bless.

Spell casting
Cure Light Wounds, Bless On Hands.

Special abilities
Run, jump , climb, read other languages, through daggers, catch daggers.

Possessions
2 Daggers,1 mace,backpack, normal clothes, blue robe, boots high and soft, 2weeks rations, 2 small pouches, sling, 12 bullets.

.Notes and History
She is from Narnia she grew up with out knowing who her parents were because they were  killed by the knight wraith lord lance a lot . She is going to avenge there death one day she has healed many people when they were about to die and she has earned a good reputation by doing so she has many folowers she will get along with any body as long as they are not evil. She is  from a small vilage otside of Solace were she met her first friends the evils bane her best friend is a minitour cleric of Myshakal. The evils bane group mis made up of 7 people shintari, Laurana, Jago, kintara, ram ,typhoon ,ninjara .Laurana is the newest one to the group the reason why she got into it is because she was one of the greatest clerics in all of narnia she will avenge her fathers death some day but noww she is on a life death quest with her friends trying to defeat the abyss she will do so if all of her friends combined there power strengh,jutice, wisdom, mischief , intelgence, constution,magic. She has defeated most of the night wraiths but she has never came in contact with the leader of the knight wraiths . But as soon as she defeats the Knight Wraith Lord Lance a lot she is going to go home the she is going to biuld a temple of mushkal with her friend the evils bane destroyer of evil protacter of the good.she is going to go fight the knight wraiths and all the evil in the land that dont deserve to be on this planet.  

Second level and her main weapon is "She has the ble crystal staff of mushakal 1d100 against evil"
Her stats would make ANY PC go green with envy.
Ultra vision 90 feet
AC: -3

A magic staff that does 1d100 damage vs evil.........
SWEET. 8)

Must be the munchkin factor of 3rd Edition.

Ephros (My thief PC in Mikes Game) could not combine any THREE of his stats to make any two of hers. And his AC (With his Best stat (15 Dex) bonus added is a 5)

Hey Mike, make a note please...............  8)
lol

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:18 pm 

Bearded lady :)

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:22 pm 

through daggers.......

:?

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 103 of 111123 ... 100, 101, 102, 103, 104 ... 109110111