Old Random Thoughts or OT Chit-Chat Thread
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 2 of 11112, 3 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:52 am 

killjoy32 wrote:oh hey i just noticed something...

seems i am now a "grandstanding collector" :)

changed from that "long-winded collector" or whatever it was that it used to say...when did that change?

has anyone else got to that yet? or am i the only saddo here with it :D

Al

You reached that lofty goal whenever you topped the 5000 post count mark my friend. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:56 am 

bclarkie wrote:
You reached that lofty goal whenever you topped the 5000 post count mark my friend. :wink:

oh yeah :) but it used to say long-winded though....so its changed at some point... ?

so it says grandstanding...does that qualify me to go on improv's list in some way :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:20 pm 

This company has an interesting name: EX2 Adventures.

http://www.ex2adventures.com/

"Producing quality adventure experiences"

I wonder if it was started by Murlynd?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:49 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
oh yeah :) but it used to say long-winded though....so its changed at some point... ?

so it says grandstanding...does that qualify me to go on improv's list in some way :D

Al

You are definitely qualified to go on my list... I will make a category just for you  :lol:

By the way if you reach 6000 posts I think your title becomes 'someone please shoot the person and put the rest of us out of our misery'  :lol:

"... and may I remind you that this ain't the end. I can still kick some ass." - Tom Petty

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:33 am 

Al will never reach 6000 posts - he's slowed right down 8O  - only 6.95% of total forum posts and 6.84 posts a day in a liitle over 2 years!!!

Al - we all know you have better things to do

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:27 am 

gyg wrote:Al will never reach 6000 posts - he's slowed right down 8O  - only 6.95% of total forum posts and 6.84 posts a day in a liitle over 2 years!!!

Don't doubt the power of the Al.   :wink:

He may be focusing his energies right now on his next Sahara trip but once he is back that average will shoot up to around to maybe  100 per day  :lol:

"... and may I remind you that this ain't the end. I can still kick some ass." - Tom Petty

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:05 am 

improvstone wrote:
Don't doubt the power of the Al.   :wink:

He may be focusing his energies right now on his next Sahara trip but once he is back that average will shoot up to around to maybe  100 per day  :lol:

trying to figure out how i can jog and hold a small hand-hald at the same time and post msgs....

i asked the organisers, that in the evening, when we can send 1 e-mail on the satellite uplink (oh arent they generous), can i pop onto a forum and they uh said no :(

i think at 6000 i might retire my killjoy32 and reincarnate into a killjoy(whatever my age is at the time)... :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:06 am 

gyg wrote:Al will never reach 6000 posts - he's slowed right down 8O  - only 6.95% of total forum posts and 6.84 posts a day in a liitle over 2 years!!!

hey i took 2 months off to give you a chance. where are you??!!! *looks*

nah really i am slowing down a little as i dont have a lot of time. just doing a few msgs before i go out trekking in the snow (oh what fun).

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:14 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
trying to figure out how i can jog and hold a small hand-hald at the same time and post msgs....

i asked the organisers, that in the evening, when we can send 1 e-mail on the satellite uplink (oh arent they generous), can i pop onto a forum and they uh said no :(

i think at 6000 i might retire my killjoy32 and reincarnate into a killjoy(whatever my age is at the time)... :)

Al

Easy we will setup an email that goes to a distribution list and then gets fed into a thread on the forum just for Al's progress in the SUN!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:15 am 

improvstone wrote:
Easy we will setup an email that goes to a distribution list and then gets fed into a thread on the forum just for Al's progress in the SUN!

well my 1 e-mail will be getting sent to the practice manager at my work, who will then be distributing it to ppl i have given her addresses for.... so if you want my msg sending to you (whomever you may be!), just give me a shout and i will add you to the list.

you can of course e-mail direct to me through the organisers - they did this last year, but they havent mentioned it this time yet, so i am not sure how they are going about it....watch this space!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:13 pm 

Anna Nicole Smith just died.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:48 pm 

Sea-to-sky-games wrote:Anna Nicole Smith just died.

When my stepdaughter was givng birth in Houston a few years ago, I had the pleasure of staying in a hotel not a block away from where AKS used to dance, pre-billionaire hubbie (Houston is the largest american city with no zoning laws, which is why you can find a strip club near a hospital).  What a dump!  There is actually a plaque there on the outside stating it is where AKS used to dance, like that statement would class the place up or something. After seeing what has happened to anyone associated with that skank, I both feel sorry for her five month old daughter's future, and figure that Smith/Marshall clan is more cursed than even the Kennedys....

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:58 pm 

And speaking of football......

You Euros will be able to see a REAL NFL contest for the first time this season.  The New York Giants play the Miami Dolphins at Wembly stadium October 28th in a game that actually counts in the standings (not those dreary pre-season fiascos we continue to export).  All you UK guys owe it to yourselves to get a taste of actual football...believe me, it's nothing like the crap watered down version you have had to suffer through for years with NFL Europe and pre-season affairs.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:26 pm 

BIG mistake:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=a ... &type=lgns

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:28 pm 

Houston is the largest american city with no zoning laws

True, but there are restrictions on deeds when sales of property are made. You can't lump a Texaco right next to someone's home midstreet, for instance.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:50 pm 

Badmike wrote:And speaking of football......

You Euros will be able to see a REAL NFL contest for the first time this season.  The New York Giants play the Miami Dolphins at Wembly stadium October 28th in a game that actually counts in the standings (not those dreary pre-season fiascos we continue to export).  All you UK guys owe it to yourselves to get a taste of actual football...believe me, it's nothing like the crap watered down version you have had to suffer through for years with NFL Europe and pre-season affairs.

Mike B.

Good luck getting tickets though, I read on SI.com that there was about 500,000 seperate ticket requests.  8O

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:53 pm 

Who would you rather have?  Norv Turner?  Mike Singletary?  Why make a comment like that if you won't at least post your opinion as to why you think hiring Wade Phillips was such a big mistake?  :?

I for one dont see a problem with it at all.  Of all the other candidates he is the best suited to fix the Cowboys defensive woes.  He has experience as a head coach as well...something most of the others do not.  The one factor I dont see him being able to handle is Terrell.  But I dont think anyone can handle that douchebag.  :x

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:04 pm 

I think he hasn't done a good job with the teams he's coached in the past.  Moreover, there are a few peculiar things he's done.

For instance, with the Bills he benched Flutie (their star quarterback at the time) for the '99 playoffs because Rob Johnson had one good game in the final game of the season (they were resting Flutie). That strikes me as a large managerial mistake.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 2 of 11112, 3 ... 109110111