Old Random Thoughts or OT Chit-Chat Thread
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 94 of 111123 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95 ... 109110111
Author

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:13 pm 

Great game (even if the Patriots did not have their perfect season)!

My Canadian cable provider (Rogers) overlaps Canadian advertising so I don't get to see the Superbowl ads.  :x

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:19 pm 

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=res&c ... xWrgVS9l9w

or rather myspace.com/superbowlads

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:20 pm 

Plaag wrote:Freaking great game to watch.

ShaneG.

You really thought so?  I was bored to tears until the last five minutes.  Both offenses were simply god-awful....but New England's offense was just a bit worse than New York's.  If I were Bill Belichick I would be looking to draft a couple offensive linemen for next season to replace whoever he decides to let go or trade.

Even though I hate the Giants I gotta give them some respect.  They were able to get all their ducks in a row and dig deep for what they needed to win it.  Eli Manning is still a turdmuncher though.  :P

Worst commercial:  E*Trade baby.  Someone oughta lose their job over that one.  :?

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:27 pm 

Yeah, loved the game..not an Offensive shoot out, but a Defense strategy battle.

Can't stand any of the Etrade commercials really, but at least there was a good variety.  I can remember the internet boom and those years, or mostly car commercials other years. Why the hell am I talking about the commercials :?  :lol:

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:29 pm 

Hey and how about Belicheat, classy as always.   :roll:  Running off the field without congratulating any one on the other team or the coach that just beat you.   Man if it wasn't for low class, Belicheat wouldn't have any class at all.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:33 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Hey and how about Belicheat, classy as always.   :roll:  Running off the field without congratulating any one on the other team or the coach that just beat you.   Man if it wasn't for low class, Belicheat wouldn't have any class at all.

I hate the Giants, but it does make my year to see that piece of crap not get another ring....

Although I thought he did hug Coughlin at the end?

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:37 pm 

Badmike wrote:
I hate the Giants, but it does make my year to see that piece of crap not get another ring....

Mike B.

Well, unless came out much later on, the last they showed of him was running off the field into the tunnel before the Giants even downed the ball with .01 second left.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:37 pm 

Badmike wrote:

Mike B.

Yeah while there was that 1 second on the clock bit with everyone on the field till they finally ran that last play to end the game.

ShaneG.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:50 pm 

Badmike wrote:I'm torn whether I'd be losing money, or losing a lot of money, or losing all my money if I had the ability to place a legal bet here at any time....

Good point ... you do have to be careful when it's all legal and so damn easy to get a bet down.

Like a lot of my friends who grew up here, I went through "a phase" to get it out of my system. Mine was actually blackjack — I played a lot of blackjack between the ages of 21 and 23. Thankfully, I was able to just stop cold-turkey ... I think I've probably played 10 total hands in all the years since then.

I've bet sports off and on for many, many years, but have never entered a stage that I would consider problematic. Sadly, I know of a few locals (some of whom I went to school with) who have a bit of a sports-betting addiction ... they don't enjoy the games unless they have some action down on one side.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:15 pm 

NE Patriots.....19 and 0ooohhh no! Hehe

Talk about choking at the last yard of the season!

Super Bowl tickets: $500
Having to buy beers everytime you team lost: large tab at bar
Watching the opositions perfect season getting sacked away by your team: priceless!

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:25 am 

Xaxaxe wrote:Giants by 3. Like Joe Namath, I'll guarantee it.

*Ahem*

Date-stamped on Saturday ...  :)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:27 am 

well i have to say i wasnt bothered who won the superbowl but i enjoyed the game immensely.

that giants defence was just awesome. talk about raising your game! thats about as subdued as i have seen the NE offence. the giants looked like they were playing for their lives there.

manning i didnt think was that good, but it just seemed that when a pass was needed, he just about pulled it off.

that defence was the key to the game though.

awesome stuff all round and a real cool spectacle to watch. one of them "right down to the wire" games. i would take one of them anyday, rather than a one-sided walkover.

wow!

Al

ps. i also like to stay away from the term "perfect" too. once something is perfected, it doesnt feel the same no more. so now that is still there, its something for everyone to still aim for and there is still a record to beat.

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:23 am 

[quote="killjoy32"]
that defence was the key to the game though.
quote]

The defense should have received the MVP trophy, not Manning.  I mean, if you have to give it to one person, he was a good a choice as anybody, but it wasn't a far and away obvious choice.  Like Brady, he had some great passes and some bad passes.

I was hoping for a good game and some good commercials, and I feel like I got both.  Very fun evening all around. :)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:38 am 

best player for me on the field was that defensive guy for the Giants, Shanahan. wow that guy worked his butt off - and at that age too, proved a shining example to pretty much anyone on the field, imho.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:50 am 

killjoy32 wrote:best player for me on the field was that defensive guy for the Giants, Shanahan. wow that guy worked his butt off - and at that age too, proved a shining example to pretty much anyone on the field, imho.

Al

My brief impressions:

The Pats looked tired and worn out most the game...I think the pressure of being undefeated finally got to them.  In contrast, the Giants seemed to relish in their underdog role, and looked hungry.

Where was Randy Moss during the playoffs?  He was awful the last three games, and was nearly invisible in the SB. I know the other team's strategy is to double cover him, but he can't run an out, or any plays across the middle?  Waiting for the inevitable meltdown next year....this guy has NOT looked happy all during the playoffs, and with Welker catching more passes...well, Moss has never liked being #2.

The blueprint now is to put Brady on the ground, and he gets rattled.  Watch more teams to sell out on the blitz next year (very shocked they didn't do it more this year).  

I think we saw the advantage of playing in a tough division (Giants against the Redskins, Cowboys and Eagles) vs a soft divison (Pats playing three of the worst teams in the league twice each).  Once football scholars digest this shocking superbowl result, I think there will be a lot more critical assessment of the Pats undefeated season. They beat everyone in the NFC east, and teams like the Colts, Steelers, and Chargers, but I'm sure the infaliable press will find something they don't like about it.  

Now instead of basking in a 4th SB win, Bellicheat will spend the rest of the offseason battered by accusations he has been cheating for years (the recent allegations by the Rams that his minions filmed the final walk through before that superbowl), and second guessed by not kicking the FG on the 4th and 13 play.  If they didn't have the 49s first round pick he'd probably be roasted for that also.  I would add someone needs to look into the entire playoff run....it was very underwhelming.  Couldn't happen to a nicer guy....

Would you be 100% surprised if the Giants didn't even make the playoffs next year?  I wouldn't. I also wouldn't be surprised if Eli doesn't overwhelm in the future, although honestly he never had a lights out game during the playoffs anyway.  He seems to be turning into the kind of QB that doesn't necessarily win games, but doesn't make the mistakes that lose games.

So, Romo gets ripped for hanging out with Jessica Simpson the week before his playoff game......why doesn't Brady get hammered for spending the week with his supermodel girlfriend? I mean, obviously, that's the reason they lost.....

I was shocked to see the Pats defense disappear this game..they always seemed to come up with the turnover they needed at the exact right time during the regular season.

Anyone listening to Boston sports talk radio this morning????

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:27 am 

Nah, not worth listening to. I'm pretty much done with football anyways. There will always be chatter about cheating, who should have done what, etc.
For a team to go 18-0 in a salary cap era is unthinkable, yet they aren't considered the best team ever? The Rams "knew" the Pats cheated but waited 7 years and announce it the day before the Bowl, along with 30 other teams who claim they saw cheating? MANNING gets the MVP, the guy who coughed up the ball twice and looked like a pigeon in a flock of eagles? Was I the only one who saw Toomer keep them alive, or felt that the defense saved Manning's ass?
I am seriously entertaining thoughts that the league is fixed. Goodell burns the "Spygate tapes", and won't give out any more info, obviously because the stuff on those tapes and the tapes from all the other teams is so incriminating it makes MLB steroids look like pop rocks.
Either way, I saw the best team the NFL ever had. No need to watch any more.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:30 am 

Quote of the Year:

"We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points."

I wonder if Tom's bitch ass wishes they actually scored 17 points in this game :cheers: .

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:46 am 

On a more important note, anyone realize bush is trying to push a 3 TRILLION dollar budget? This was the guy who said he would REDUCE the deficit. He was the first to break 2 trillion. Seems he wants to go out with a bang.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 94 of 111123 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95 ... 109110111