Old Random Thoughts or OT Chit-Chat Thread
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 88 of 111123 ... 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 ... 109110111
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:04 pm 

Has anybody ever played the board game "RuneBound?"  If so, any recommendations?

It looks cool.  I might like to pick it up for my game group to try, but I don't know anything about it.  Any of you guys ever play it?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:35 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
it was?

news to me :)

Al

ps. oh yeah, you americans regard the world as yours dont you :D

Yeah..didn't we discover everything :wink:

As for the Big Ten, it is changing...More spread offensive minded coaches and mobile QBs.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:50 pm 

Looking forward to seeing what Penn State looks like with Darryl Clark at QB.  He probably won't be another Michael Robinson, but he shows flashes of raw speed and talent.

Let mirth prevail!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:04 pm 

Dumbest thing I have read all year (so far):

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22559988?gt1=10755

What's next?  Are they going to ban drinking in bars?  Ten dollars says the idiot councilman who proposed the bill wont get reelected next term.

:thumbdown:

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:28 pm 

Sorry Mark....but..

Go Pack Go!

:D

ShaneG.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:33 am 

Loved the game.  Green Bay, playoffs, lots of snow, Favre in top form.  My god, doesn't get much better than that.  Now I'm just praying for a Packers-Pats Super Bowl.   :D

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:50 am 

That would be a great Bowl. Out of the remaining AFC quarterbacks, I'm sure Favre would want Brady to be the one who beats him.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:59 am 

Brady did beat Favre last year..sure he's over that, but it'll be good to see Randy get pushed around by our defense like old times :) (There would be a shit load of penalties for pass interference on both sides with that match up).

ShaneG.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:28 pm 

POLITICS

....often a tricky subject on an international forum I suppose.  However, I just wanted to say congratulations to our US collecting colleagues on your country's excellent Presidential nomination race thus far.  I have been watching some of the coverage here (it gets quite a lot of media space on this side of the Atlantic), and I am well impressed with the passion and drama you put into the whole process.  Great stuff!!  Looks like you are going to have a very interesting political year ahead.  As a few people here know, I work for rights/enviro campaigning organisations (aside from being a student) and like many such people am a keen follower (addict) of political campaigning both here and abroad.  And there seems to be loads to follow.  Keep it up!!

ps. so as our European members don't feel left out - well done to the French President too.  Carla Bruni  Wow  8O   8O

pps. apologies for derailing this forum from its usual tracking of the US Football coverage.  Go Boston 49-Sox-Packers (or whichever the team is...)  :wink:

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:36 pm 

red_bus wrote:
pps. apologies for derailing this forum from its usual tracking of the US Football coverage.  Go Boston 49-Sox-Packers (or whichever the team is...)  :wink:

Okay..I now shall put out a contract on your collection for such remarks.

Course if Al won't step foot in London-Paris-Walmart (or whatever you call your city), I'll get someone, with extra to break some fingers so such things can not be typed again :) :wink:

ShaneG.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:55 pm 

:lol: Argh!!  Not my dice rolling hand please !!!

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:17 pm 

red_bus wrote:pps. apologies for derailing this forum from its usual tracking of the US Football coverage.  Go Boston 49-Sox-Packers (or whichever the team is...)  :wink:

Silly UKer, it's the New York 49-Sox-Packers. :D

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:52 pm 

Chargers vs. Patriots and Giants vs. Packers.

ShaneG.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:05 am 

Giants 21, Cowboys 17!!  YEEAHHH!!  GO BIG BLUE!

How sweet it was to watch that bigmouth jerkoff Owens crying crocodile tears on national TV.  Oh, yeah! -- he'll be great locker room poison for next season.  Nice hire, Jerry!~

And to hear all the TV "experts"  mutter and backpeddle to hide their bitter disappointment after kissing Tony Romo's a$$ on a daily basis since last week?  Priceless!

Icing on the cake:  Watching as Wade Phillips kisses his two precious asst coaches, the ones that made him and Romo look so smart, goodbye.

ON A SIDE NOTE: Anybody see the Indianapolis game?  I did, and I really didn't care who won... UNTIL the halftime break.  The league honored a group of kids who had won the local Punt, Pass and Kick competition.  One of the kids was a little girl of 14 or so, who had won in the New England area.  She was wearing a Pats jersey.  (All the kids wore their local team's colors)

The classless Indianapolis crowd actually BOOED this little girl!!  :x

I was rooting for SD after that, and karmic justice prevailed.
Shame on those fans, they deserved every ounce of what they got!!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:52 am 

Let me first say this:  Congratulations to the Giants.  They deserved it.  They played better and wanted to win that game more than the Cowboys did.  That has been pretty obvious the past four weeks.

Second....the sad thing about it all is the Cowboys beat themselves more than anything the Giants did.  Penalties and stupid mistakes did them in more than anything else.  I can't remember the last time I saw that many fights break out in one game.

It is a bit ironic in that I told my wife earlier in the day that the Cowboys would find a way to lose the game and it would probably end with Romo throwing an interception.  Go figure.

To Agent Cooper:  I guess Giants fans have to find something to throw in the face of Cowboy fans but I am a bit disappointed you couldnt come up with anything better.  I thought Owens crying to the media was a bit ridiculous myself but I am a lot happier about it than him ripping Romo and the rest of the team like he did in Philly.  And Romo is a quality quarterback that in his first full year has played better than pretty much every quarterback in the NFL with the exception of Tom Brady and Peyton Manning.  He is going to continue to get better while everyone (except Giants fans apparently) knows that Eli will continue his mediocrity for the rest of his career.  :P

At least one good thing came from this past weekends NFL games.  Brett Favre and the Packers will play in the NFC Championship at chilly Lambeau Field and have a chance to bring the Lombardi trophy back to where it belongs before hanging up the uniform for good.  8)

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:41 pm 

Eli is a train wreck, as is Rivers. There's no reason for GB and NE to NOT be going at it for the Lombardi.
And Indy fans finally showed the class we all knew they had. There aren't many stadiums where that would have happened.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:48 pm 

Agent Cooper wrote:Has anybody ever played the board game "RuneBound?"  If so, any recommendations?

It looks cool.  I might like to pick it up for my game group to try, but I don't know anything about it.  Any of you guys ever play it?

Yuppers.   Great game, but it can tend to drag out late into the evening.   We have fun everytime we play.   I can't recommend the "Midnight" Runebound Expansion enough.   Nice tie into the d20 Midnight campaign.

Let's git to killin'!!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:25 pm 

Thanks kindly Guido.  Just wanted to hear from an Acaeum member for a reliable review, cuz we're all gamers here.   :D

Kingofpain:  Yeah, I'm pretty bad at trash talking.  All kidding aside, yes, my G-men did good.  Will we surprise everybody again and beat GB?  Not likely, but who knows?  We certainly weren't supposed to beat Dallas.

I wonder where Badmike is?  I thought he'd have been here by now to get all riled up and  flame me up one side and down the other.   :D

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 88 of 111123 ... 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 ... 109110111