Old Random Thoughts or OT Chit-Chat Thread
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 87 of 111123 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 109110111
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:01 am 

24 OSU, 21 LSU
I rolled dice for those scores :)

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:18 pm 

For anyone interested in comics in the Dallas area...

I'll have a couple tables at the Dallas Comic Con Saturday January 12th (11-6) and Sunday Jan 13th (12-4) at the Richardson Civic Center on Arapaho (right to the west of Hwy 75) trying to get rid of some of these comics I've been hanging on to for far too long.  I'm bringing a few boxes of used gaming stuff, but as this is a comic event I'm figuring most of the people there won't be interested in used gaming items.  Anyway, if you are in the area, come check out the show, it's only $5 entry fee and there are a lot of artists, writers and media guests attending.  I'll probably be the only guy there with both comics and used gaming stuff...and I'll have the vicious pink shrew at my booth so you'll know it's me...so if your'e an Aceaum member I haven't yet met come introduce yourself!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:10 am 

I hate the Big 10 or shall we now call it the Powder-Puff league.  Big 10 teams should be ban from BCS bowl games.  We just cannot compete with the SEC and the Pac 10 conferences.

Good luck, Mike, on the comic show.

Martin

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:01 am 

Prufrock wrote:I hate the Big 10 or shall we now call it the Powder-Puff league.  Big 10 teams should be ban from BCS bowl games.  We just cannot compete with the SEC and the Pac 10 conferences.

Good luck, Mike, on the comic show.

Martin

I know it sucks to lose two years in a row in the national championship game but you can't have a defeatist attitude like that.  What about Michigan?  They pasted a damn good Florida team and no one expected them to do that.  You should be happy you arent an ACC or Big East fan.  Talk about bad bowl game showings.

Sorry man...

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:26 am 

I undestand what you say about Michigan.  But remember they lost to Applacian (SP) State.  The loss heard around the world.  The Big 10 just does not play at the level of the SEC or Pac 10.  Every year we get pasted in the bowl games.

Martin

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:34 am 

Prufrock wrote:The loss heard around the world.  
Martin

it was?

news to me :)

Al

ps. oh yeah, you americans regard the world as yours dont you :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:04 pm 

Has anybody ever played the board game "RuneBound?"  If so, any recommendations?

It looks cool.  I might like to pick it up for my game group to try, but I don't know anything about it.  Any of you guys ever play it?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:35 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
it was?

news to me :)

Al

ps. oh yeah, you americans regard the world as yours dont you :D

Yeah..didn't we discover everything :wink:

As for the Big Ten, it is changing...More spread offensive minded coaches and mobile QBs.

ShaneG.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:50 pm 

Looking forward to seeing what Penn State looks like with Darryl Clark at QB.  He probably won't be another Michael Robinson, but he shows flashes of raw speed and talent.

Let mirth prevail!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:04 pm 

Dumbest thing I have read all year (so far):

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22559988?gt1=10755

What's next?  Are they going to ban drinking in bars?  Ten dollars says the idiot councilman who proposed the bill wont get reelected next term.

:thumbdown:

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:28 pm 

Sorry Mark....but..

Go Pack Go!

:D

ShaneG.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:33 am 

Loved the game.  Green Bay, playoffs, lots of snow, Favre in top form.  My god, doesn't get much better than that.  Now I'm just praying for a Packers-Pats Super Bowl.   :D

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:50 am 

That would be a great Bowl. Out of the remaining AFC quarterbacks, I'm sure Favre would want Brady to be the one who beats him.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:59 am 

Brady did beat Favre last year..sure he's over that, but it'll be good to see Randy get pushed around by our defense like old times :) (There would be a shit load of penalties for pass interference on both sides with that match up).

ShaneG.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:28 pm 

POLITICS

....often a tricky subject on an international forum I suppose.  However, I just wanted to say congratulations to our US collecting colleagues on your country's excellent Presidential nomination race thus far.  I have been watching some of the coverage here (it gets quite a lot of media space on this side of the Atlantic), and I am well impressed with the passion and drama you put into the whole process.  Great stuff!!  Looks like you are going to have a very interesting political year ahead.  As a few people here know, I work for rights/enviro campaigning organisations (aside from being a student) and like many such people am a keen follower (addict) of political campaigning both here and abroad.  And there seems to be loads to follow.  Keep it up!!

ps. so as our European members don't feel left out - well done to the French President too.  Carla Bruni  Wow  8O   8O

pps. apologies for derailing this forum from its usual tracking of the US Football coverage.  Go Boston 49-Sox-Packers (or whichever the team is...)  :wink:

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:36 pm 

red_bus wrote:
pps. apologies for derailing this forum from its usual tracking of the US Football coverage.  Go Boston 49-Sox-Packers (or whichever the team is...)  :wink:

Okay..I now shall put out a contract on your collection for such remarks.

Course if Al won't step foot in London-Paris-Walmart (or whatever you call your city), I'll get someone, with extra to break some fingers so such things can not be typed again :) :wink:

ShaneG.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:55 pm 

:lol: Argh!!  Not my dice rolling hand please !!!

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:17 pm 

red_bus wrote:pps. apologies for derailing this forum from its usual tracking of the US Football coverage.  Go Boston 49-Sox-Packers (or whichever the team is...)  :wink:

Silly UKer, it's the New York 49-Sox-Packers. :D

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 87 of 111123 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 109110111