Old Random Thoughts or OT Chit-Chat Thread
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 77 of 111123 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 109110111
Author

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:15 pm 

Agent Cooper wrote:It bites that I have to work today.
I'm a veteran.  Shouldn't I have today off?
:x

Pee your pants on purpose and start whining about how much noise your nosehairs are making.  Try to pull them out with needle nose pliers while cursing at them under your breath.  I guarantee they will give you the day off....maybe even a whole month.

PDT_Armataz_01_11

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:55 pm 

:lol:
Oh, and the college I go to is open too, so I gotta go to class on top of it.

I wouldn't try this at work, but at school...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:11 pm 

http://paizo.com/store/sale/greenRonin&page=all

This is a link to Paizo's sale on hard copies of Green Ronin Publishing books.

There are a lot of items for $2, some for $5 and some of the most expensive hardbacks for $10.

The shipping is cheap...it cost me less for eight books than some Ebay sellers are charging to ship one thin module.

Anybody interested in certain Green Ronin books, or anyone who collects D20 books needs to get over there now.

The sale lasts until December 12, 2007, but at least one item has already sold out.

Some other companies have other items on sale...you can find a link to the sale on the Paizo main page.

Mark  8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:01 pm 

Would just like to mention that all you Texans shall weep this coming Thursday when the Packers crush the Cowboys.  Hum, wonder if they have any incentives for crippling TO  :lol:

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:41 pm 

Plaag wrote:Would just like to mention that all you Texans shall weep this coming Thursday when the Packers crush the Cowboys.  Hum, wonder if they have any incentives for crippling TO  :lol:

ShaneG.

Should be a good game...definitely the NFC championship preview.  But even then both teams still have to win more than the other else this tiebreaker won't even matter in the end.  But I think all it will end up deciding is whether the NFC championship game is played up north or in Texas stadium.  And before we hear how unbeatable the Pack are in Lambeau in January I think a now-imprisoned Mike Vick and the Falcons dismantled that aura a few years back....
   So I guess I'd have to say as a Cowboys fan I won't be tearing my hair out if they lose, or doing backflips if they win.  Like I said, should be a nice NFC championship preview if all holds steady....for the right to be kicked around by the Pats in the Superbowl.... :(

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:06 pm 

Plaag wrote:Would just like to mention that all you Texans shall weep this coming Thursday when the Packers crush the Cowboys.  Hum, wonder if they have any incentives for crippling TO  :lol:

ShaneG.

Favre is 0-8 at Texas Stadium.  As much as I respect Favre....he will soon be 0-9.  :P

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:27 pm 

Packers versus Cowboys for the right to lose the Super Bowl.  Hmmm.  :?

Not exactly giddy with anticipation here.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:01 pm 

THAT was funny. And true. Darth Hoodie has cast his shadow on the NFL.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:31 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
Favre is 0-8 at Texas Stadium.  As much as I respect Favre....he will soon be 0-9.  :P

Yeah but he has broken these types of records by beating KC and Denver this year.

That all you have for trash talk :D

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:25 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:THAT was funny. And true. Darth Hoodie has cast his shadow on the NFL.

The Pats are the only NFL team I watch nowadays with the express purpose of hoping for a season ending (or career ending, not picky) injury to either Brady or Moss...just to make the rest of the season somewhat interesting for us football lovers.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:52 pm 

Wishing for someone to get hurt is pretty twisted. I think Owens has done more to damage the sport's rep than anyone else in recent memory, yet I don't want to see him in pain.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:08 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:Wishing for someone to get hurt is pretty twisted. I think Owens has done more to damage the sport's rep than anyone else in recent memory, yet I don't want to see him in pain.

As a die-hard Eagles fan talking here...Owens single-handedly destroyed them a couple of years ago...he could fall off the face of the earth and I wouldn't give a lick.  But for having him get hurt on purpose...well that's Buddy Ball....and I really think there is no place for it anywhere in professional sports...well maybe in the UFC...

-Len

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:50 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:Wishing for someone to get hurt is pretty twisted. I think Owens has done more to damage the sport's rep than anyone else in recent memory, yet I don't want to see him in pain.

Well, as long as it's not life threatening.....I wouldn't wish a wheelchair or death on anyone. But a torn hammy or broken leg? Comes with the territory.

Long ago I realized my wishing someone tore a hammy has nothing to do with them actually tearing the hammy...although I will admit to a remarkably psychic moment back in the early 90s when Garrison Hearst was being played against my fantasy team and I yelled outloud at a sports bar "Knee Injury!" and on the next play...season ending knee injury.  Only time that's ever happened.

The thought of Brady or Moss in any temporary physical pain doesn't bother me an iota...much as the thought of myself in physical pain wouldn't even register a dot on their consiousness.  They get paid more money in one year than I'll ever see in my life...and get to bang supermodels in the process.  I'll save my false sympathy for a working man who didn't win the genetic lotto and has to support a wife with a terminal disease and six kids....

Your hatred of Owens is a bit irrational....he hasn't done more damage to the sport's rep than Michael Vick, Mark Chmura, Ricky Williams, Lawrence Taylor, Rae Carruth, Chris Henry, Chad Johnson, Pacman Jones, Najeh Davenport, Jerramy Stevens, Ricky Manning, Fred Evans, Andy Reid, Jamal Lewis, Koren Robinson, Lawrence Phillips, Michael Irvin, Daunte Culpepper, and any number of other NFL players who have gotten multiple DUIs, killed people, or beaten up their wives/exwives/girlfriends/strippers.  In contrast TO has been remarkably docile this year.....getting fined for after TD celebrations is the height of his wackiness this season.  I'm starting to like the guy actually....one of the few athletes that has the ability to actually live up to his own hype. I still think the Sharpie incident was pure genius...and he wasn't even a Cowboy at the time.

Mike B.

BTW I was listening to a Philly sports station this week due to the miracle of internet radio....90% of the callers to the show would trade McNabb straight up for TO now in a HEARTBEAT.   Fickle fandom!

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:03 pm 

Sir Kill Alot wrote:
As a die-hard Eagles fan talking here...Owens single-handedly destroyed them a couple of years ago...he could fall off the face of the earth and I wouldn't give a lick.  But for having him get hurt on purpose...well that's Buddy Ball....and I really think there is no place for it anywhere in professional sports...well maybe in the UFC...

-Len

Obviously Len was not one of the callers to the talk show I listened to!!!  :D

If I were an Eagles fan (one of my recurring visions of exactly what Hell might look like) I would instead be thanking him for coming back about three weeks early from a broken leg and playing in that superbowl...otherwise the final score would have even been worse. The only thing I remember he did during his stint with the Eagles that was controversial was say Bret Favre is a better QB than McNabb, which has proven to be correct....was there another incident?

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:09 pm 

Other than destroying the team with his bullshit, no, nothing else.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:20 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:Other than destroying the team with his bullshit, no, nothing else.

Well, it was the Eagles, so I say, PARTY ON!!!!  Thanks TO

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:33 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:Other than destroying the team with his bullshit, no, nothing else.

Speaking of, I forgot the crazy "Next Question" news conference called by Drew Rosenhaus. Sports agents are such tools....and athletes are such children for blindly following them into ditches like suicidal lemmings.  

Seriously, reading the wiki entry for TO, I see a lot of bullshit antics, inappropriate celebrations after TDs, and ridiculous statements.  No illegal drug use, beating up women, killing anyone, driving while drunk, shooting guns, etc.  The guy's an ass but not the main stain on the sport...more like a tiny ketchup stain tucked into a corner, not the 6 inch long oil stain across the front of your suit jacket (otherwise known as the Rae Carruth).

And speaking of which, anyone else getting tired of the constant "Delay of game" penalties that the refs seem almost embarrassed to call when an athlete celebrates a play?  Yeh it cuts down on the ridiculous antics, but NFL-No Fun League has never been more appropriate. I always enjoy the Chad Johnson or TO goofiness, as well as the Lambeau Leap, etc.  Pretty soon they'll just have the games played in a hermetically sealed dome, with the fans watching outside on big screens, so as not to interfere with the "game process".... :cry:

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:54 pm 

Badmike wrote:

Speaking of, I forgot the crazy "Next Question" news conference called by Drew Rosenhaus. Sports agents are such tools....and athletes are such children for blindly following them into ditches like suicidal lemmings.  

Seriously, reading the wiki entry for TO, I see a lot of bullshit antics, inappropriate celebrations after TDs, and ridiculous statements.  No illegal drug use, beating up women, killing anyone, driving while drunk, shooting guns, etc.  The guy's an ass but not the main stain on the sport...more like a tiny ketchup stain tucked into a corner, not the 6 inch long oil stain across the front of your suit jacket (otherwise known as the Rae Carruth).

And speaking of which, anyone else getting tired of the constant "Delay of game" penalties that the refs seem almost embarrassed to call when an athlete celebrates a play?  Yeh it cuts down on the ridiculous antics, but NFL-No Fun League has never been more appropriate. I always enjoy the Chad Johnson or TO goofiness, as well as the Lambeau Leap, etc.  Pretty soon they'll just have the games played in a hermetically sealed dome, with the fans watching outside on big screens, so as not to interfere with the "game process".... :cry:

Mike B.

Give it some time....When the Cowboys get obliterated by either NE or Indy in the Superbowl and he has one catch for 5 yards, he will rip into Romo and Phillips...it will start and he will lay waste to the Cowboys just like he did to SF and Philly...and there will be another schmo owner who will pick him up and not be concerned about the consequences.  Sadly its all about wins and losses and zero integrity.

-Len

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 77 of 111123 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 109110111