Old Random Thoughts or OT Chit-Chat Thread
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 75 of 111123 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 109110111
Author

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:04 pm 

Ok, after checking the Auction Sieve forum, the error message does not come up if you remove check marks from the "Search Title and Description" option.

eBay must have made some tiny change with the code in their listings that is interfering with that feature.

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:00 pm 

One more reason to dislike the Patriots:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/nfl_ex ... =nfl,52422

Anyone who watches NFL games on CBS knows that their sound feed sucks.  You would think that they would just be happy that they won the damn game.

And now the Detroit Lions are running up the score on their opponents.  A sure sign that the world is coming to an end.  :P

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:53 pm 

Of COURSE they weren't piping in noise. Crowds pause in their cheering all the time. Gives them a break.
We all know the Colts are above such things, right? They said so themselves!

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:49 pm 

In fairness to the hated Patriots....

There were two really bad...putrid...pass interference calls against them in the first half...calls that allowed the Colts to put points on the board.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:32 pm 

This should be interesting:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7413316

Wonder how long it will take for Tank Johnson to get into trouble again?  :)

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:28 pm 

They were fools not to can Stank Johnson. Idiots like that need to be pruned out of the NFL.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:28 pm 

Any American members care to help me out?  Looking to bid on a US-only item, but I never received a reply from the seller as to whether he'd let me or not.

So, basically: looking for someone in the US to bid on the item for me and then re-ship it on to me if they win.  (I will, of course, pay all associated costs.)

Send me a PM if you're willing.

Edit: Thanks to everyone who sent me a PM.

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:35 am 

And I thought the story about the two siamese twins joined at the head was a medical marvel.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21652326/

Wasn't there a girl like this in a Stephen King book?  8O

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:56 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:And I thought the story about the two siamese twins joined at the head was a medical marvel.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21652326/

Wasn't there a girl like this in a Stephen King book?  8O

I don't read King, but there *is* an entry for Lakshmi in the Indian Mythos section of Deities & Demigods.  Jeff Dee does not provide an illustration for the goddess of fortune in the tome, but many of the Indian deities are depicted multi-limbed.  I am glad to hear that the little girl's surgery was succesful (a medical marvel indeed!).

bonk!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:59 am 

I believe Shiva was multilimbed too.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:16 am 

So was Kali.

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:54 pm 

Anyway...more crazy stuff going on and right here in the good 'ol U.S.A.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15316912/

I dont know why we just dont close every school in the country and just have kids learn from home via internet conferencing.  If they dont have a computer I am sure the state government will be more than happy to buy them one with all the funding they saved by closing the schools.  Seems like it would make all their problems disappear.  No public affection at school.  No lawsuits from playground accidents.  No need for teachers to punish students for being unruly in class.  And definitely no more problems with children having physical contact of any kind with teachers.

Of course that would cause countless social development problems for the kids but isnt that what they are heading towards anyway?  Reading stuff like this makes me overjoyed that I decided to not have kids.  I really do have a lot of respect for those of you that do.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:56 pm 

Thanks, Pain. It really is difficult nowadays for parents.
I'm not surprised at the ban; shit like that is why my wife and I decided to home school our son. Not only do I not have to worry about getting a phone call saying my son was shot by a psycho, he also gets a MUCH better education. He just turned 6, and he's doing fractions and decimals. He actually takes my spare JG modules with him to bed to read. It's disgusting how smart a kid can get if he has one-on-one time with a teacher.
Personally, I think American society is making pussies out of kids. They are the Entitlement Generation.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:49 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Anyway...more crazy stuff going on and right here in the good 'ol U.S.A.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15316912/

I dont know why we just dont close every school in the country and just have kids learn from home via internet conferencing.  If they dont have a computer I am sure the state government will be more than happy to buy them one with all the funding they saved by closing the schools.  Seems like it would make all their problems disappear.  No public affection at school.  No lawsuits from playground accidents.  No need for teachers to punish students for being unruly in class.  And definitely no more problems with children having physical contact of any kind with teachers.

Of course that would cause countless social development problems for the kids but isnt that what they are heading towards anyway?  Reading stuff like this makes me overjoyed that I decided to not have kids.  I really do have a lot of respect for those of you that do.

King, look at where the story takes place....Weinie World, aka Boston.  Can you even fathom such a ban happening in any of our local schools in Texas?  Hell, kids are playing tackle football at age six....right before they get their first gun.  Hopefully the pussification of kids will avoid our state a little longer.  I'd love to see some principal try to pass this sort of politially correct crapola in the DFW area.....he'd get his ass kicked back up the northeast where he came from....

To top it off, have you seen the schools with the Public Display of Affection bans (PDA bans they call em) kicking kids out of school for holding hands and hugging?  They tried that in an area school...lasted about a week or so.

We seem to have an epidemic in our society of over regulation in the wake of 9/11.  The messy thought that if you just pass more laws, something like that will never happen again.  Except most of the laws are not thought out well in the zeal to pass the law as quickly as possible.

As an example, some dumbasses in Texas passed a really strict child pervert law...anyone caught having sex with underage children got something like automatic ten years in jail.  Sounds great...until they started arresting 17 year olds for having sex with other 17 year olds.  They hadn't thought it out and just figured it would be catching all the 55 year old perverts having sex with kids.  So after a well publicized case of a 18 year old having consensual sex with his 17 year old girlfriend and getting 10 years in the pen, the state lawmakers got hit with a s-storm of criticism and changed the law (and the kid was pardoned I believed).

Like this, I bet the "No playing tag" rule was overly reactive to something that has never even happened yet.  God, I'm so tired of government entities trying to protect me from things I don't care about....and stealing me blind in the bargain.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:09 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:shit like that is why my wife and I decided to home school our son. Not only do I not have to worry about getting a phone call saying my son was shot by a psycho, he also gets a MUCH better education.

Some (most?) Texas schools are trying out a new method of education called "CSCOPE".  Google for "CSCOPE" (or a variant spelling such as "c-scope") and "Texas" to see what some teachers think.

My stepkids think that this new teaching method dumbs down the class by making the smart kids learn nothing and the dumb kids appear to get better grades.  My opinion of school administrators is generally low, so I know that they couldn't care less what kids actually learn.

The official CSCOPE site is here:

. . . http://www.cscope.us/

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:24 pm 

Badmike wrote:Can you even fathom such a ban happening in any of our local schools in Texas?

There's a mom at the local elementary school who's been patrolling the playground before & after school, harrasing kids to stop playing tag or catch [the ball might hit someone]. If more parents like her demand it, the schools will follow the trend. It can happen here.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:45 pm 

I didn't know Texas had schools. Hmmm, learn something new every day.
It really is a nationwide thing. All the bleeding-heart liberals who think everyone should be treated exactly the same. And the average sheep/American citizen bleats happily and accepts it, just like everything else.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:05 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:I didn't know Texas had schools. Hmmm, learn something new every day.
It really is a nationwide thing. All the bleeding-heart liberals who think everyone should be treated exactly the same. And the average sheep/American citizen bleats happily and accepts it, just like everything else.

Hey I tend to lean left, but I think its absolute crap too.  Its not a liberal thing, its an intelligence thing.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Last edited by bclarkie on Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 75 of 111123 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 109110111