Old Random Thoughts or OT Chit-Chat Thread
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 74 of 111123 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 109110111
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:25 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:Meh, no use debating this. That 4th trophy is gonna look SOOOOOOO good.

The league will later have to add an asterisk next to the entry in the recordbook though, after investigators discover ill-gotten, top-secret playbooks from various teams hidden in Bellicheck's girlfriend's coal cellar.

bonk!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:29 pm 

Does anyone happen to know of a restaurant or food-related place with Jeremy in the name? I know it's a weird question, but there's a good explanation.........

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:51 pm 

Jeremy's Place

Jeremy Restaurant and Bar

Jeremy's Ale House

Are a few.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:11 am 

mike

you clearly didnt see Chelsea paste the floor with Manchester City last weekend 6-0

in our game, THAT is pretty humiliating. you can be beaten by less than that and still have your face pummeled through the floor.

i guess its just a question of perspective. i hear what youre saying and i dont particularly agree or disagree. the politics of the game come to the fore more than the game itself it would seem.

see in our league, winning margin actually matters - i dont know how it works for you guys.

anyway. everyone has their reasons i guess. NE clearly have theirs and everyone else doesnt like it....cest la vie. things will eventually balance themselves out somewhere along the line.

for me...i still hope for a Jets resurgence, preferably in the NE game. at least make a good accout of the team for a change!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:27 am 

killjoy32 wrote:mike

you clearly didnt see Chelsea paste the floor with Manchester City last weekend 6-0

in our game, THAT is pretty humiliating. you can be beaten by less than that and still have your face pummeled through the floor.

i guess its just a question of perspective. i hear what youre saying and i dont particularly agree or disagree. the politics of the game come to the fore more than the game itself it would seem.

see in our league, winning margin actually matters - i dont know how it works for you guys.

anyway. everyone has their reasons i guess. NE clearly have theirs and everyone else doesnt like it....cest la vie. things will eventually balance themselves out somewhere along the line.

for me...i still hope for a Jets resurgence, preferably in the NE game. at least make a good accout of the team for a change!

Al

Actually our college system is probably more like your football system.  Margin of victory matters in BCS poll rankings.  So if you are a big school, you can't just beat a small college by a TD, you have to beat them by 50 pts or else take a chance your rankings slide.  This actually leads to some bad moments for bigger schools....sometimes when they are not winning by enough at the end of a game, they are forced to keep throwing the ball or keep trying to score, which sometimes leads to interceptions and fumbles and then suddenly the winning team ISNT winning anymore...whoops!  

Don't get me started on why there is not playoff system for college football....the most mindbogglingly stupid thing in sports not to have.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:46 am 

Something for buyers and sellers to be aware of.
Growing delays at the Canada Post sorting centers.

http://timestranscript.canadaeast.com/n ... cle/113859

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:59 am 

"The Canadian dollar closed yesterday at $104.92 US."

Maybe they should use the economic windfall to hire new proofreaders.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:12 am 

sauromatian wrote:
"The Canadian dollar closed yesterday at $104.92 US."

Maybe they should use the economic windfall to hire new proofreaders.

Alas...that is our one and only local English language newspaper.

They have not had any proofreaders since 1982 when the two local papers merged into one.

My mom had been the proofreader at one of the papers for 29 years and during the merger they eliminated that department (3 full time employees and 3 or 4 part time).

I believe it was a combination of union seniority/priority and the company thinking that they no longer required proofreaders since the new equipment included spell checking...(wee awl no how well those work!).

Secrets of Tibet

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:21 am 

jasonw1239 wrote:Alas...that is our one and only local English language newspaper.

And the sad thing is that it's still magnitudes better than the Daily Gleaner. ;)
I believe it was a combination of union seniority/priority and the company thinking that they no longer required proofreaders since the new equipment included spell checking...(wee awl no how well those work!).

I used to have an article bookmarked by a (former?) newspaper editor lamenting the death of the professional proofreader, and one of the factors he mentioned was the rise of spellcheckers -- and the fact that though they ensure that a word is spelt correctly, they don't ensure that it's the right word or that the facts aren't glaringly obviously wrong.

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:30 am 

Is anybody else getting error messages when they try to run Auction Sieve?

It just started this morning.

Secrets of Tibet

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:01 am 

jasonw1239 wrote:Is anybody else getting error messages when they try to run Auction Sieve?

It just started this morning.

I am getting errors, yes.

bonk!

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:59 pm 

no problem here at the moment

An té nach mbíonn láidir ní folláir dó bheith glic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-ajduHx5hc

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:04 pm 

Ok, after checking the Auction Sieve forum, the error message does not come up if you remove check marks from the "Search Title and Description" option.

eBay must have made some tiny change with the code in their listings that is interfering with that feature.

Secrets of Tibet

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:00 pm 

One more reason to dislike the Patriots:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/nfl_ex ... =nfl,52422

Anyone who watches NFL games on CBS knows that their sound feed sucks.  You would think that they would just be happy that they won the damn game.

And now the Detroit Lions are running up the score on their opponents.  A sure sign that the world is coming to an end.  :P

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:53 pm 

Of COURSE they weren't piping in noise. Crowds pause in their cheering all the time. Gives them a break.
We all know the Colts are above such things, right? They said so themselves!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:49 pm 

In fairness to the hated Patriots....

There were two really bad...putrid...pass interference calls against them in the first half...calls that allowed the Colts to put points on the board.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:32 pm 

This should be interesting:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7413316

Wonder how long it will take for Tank Johnson to get into trouble again?  :)

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:28 pm 

They were fools not to can Stank Johnson. Idiots like that need to be pruned out of the NFL.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 74 of 111123 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 109110111