Old Random Thoughts or OT Chit-Chat Thread
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 67 of 111123 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 109110111
Author

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1900
Joined: Mar 26, 2004
Last Visit: Dec 01, 2022
Location: UK

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:04 am 
 

Thank you very much - I knew Acaeum members would save me doing any work myself!!! (oh, and I've got this big pile of ironing........)


You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3804
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Last Visit: Nov 14, 2022

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:49 am 
 

Anyone care to predict the winner of next weekend's Cowboys - Gaytriots game?


Let mirth prevail!

  


Active Collector

Posts: 80
Joined: May 19, 2006
Last Visit: Aug 09, 2008
Location: Arkansas

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:21 am 
 

bombadil wrote:Anyone care to predict the winner of next weekend's Cowboys - Gaytriots game?


I despise both teams, so I'm hoping for some sort of illness to break out at the stadium and have the back-ups play one another while Brady and Romo are both throwing up in the locker rooms. Nothing serious... just a 24 hr stomach virus.

Barring that, the Pats (Gaytriots  :P ) should win pretty big. They just have a better team and a better coach. And trust me, it sickens me to say the Pats will win anything, so that is a totally unbiased answer...

Pats: 34, Cowboys: 21


bombadil wrote:...There was a pile of heads stacked up around me at the end of every day.  Very cold work.  No gloves, blowing snow, bloody knife handle slippery as hell...

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 527
Joined: Oct 26, 2005
Last Visit: Aug 06, 2022

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:38 am 
 

khartsfield wrote:
I despise both teams, so I'm hoping for some sort of illness to break out at the stadium...


LOL!~  :lol:

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8241
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Mar 05, 2022
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:43 am 
 

Agent Cooper wrote:
LOL!~  :lol:


personally, i hope its a 0-0 tie with both QBs rushing/passing for the worst in history of the NFL :)

Al


Are we nearly there yet?

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 120
Joined: Nov 10, 2005
Last Visit: Mar 18, 2022
Location: Texas

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:01 am 
 

It depends...  Do the Pats already have all of the Cowboy's game signals on videotape from last year that they can use to cheat-out the win?

bonk!

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3804
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Last Visit: Nov 14, 2022

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:18 am 
 

Yes they do, as well as those from next year.


Let mirth prevail!

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5686
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Dec 01, 2022
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:43 am 
 

No, but the Cowboys have theirs. All the other teams still have their video footage of opposing coaches.


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 4752
Joined: Oct 31, 2004
Last Visit: Nov 06, 2022
Location: Garland, TX

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:46 am 
 

killjoy32 wrote:
personally, i hope its a 0-0 tie with both QBs rushing/passing for the worst in history of the NFL :)

Al


I seriously doubt that will happen Al.  Here is what I foresee:  Tony Romo and Tom Brady will start arguing about who has bagged the hotter model and they will end up getting into a slap fight.  After Tom Brady scratches Tony Romo's face with his 2-day old chin stubble, Romo flies into a rage and stomps Tom's testicles into mush.  As Romo is being escorted off the field he is heard saying "No more bastard kids for you pretty boy."

:D


You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

  


Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 3804
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Last Visit: Nov 14, 2022

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:49 am 
 

Only one problem with that scenario, however likely it is to happen:  Brady's balls are usually in Hoody's mouth.


Let mirth prevail!

  


Active Collector

Posts: 80
Joined: May 19, 2006
Last Visit: Aug 09, 2008
Location: Arkansas

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:45 am 
 

bombadil wrote:Only one problem with that scenario, however likely it is to happen:  Brady's balls are usually in Hoody's mouth.


ZING! :lol:


bombadil wrote:...There was a pile of heads stacked up around me at the end of every day.  Very cold work.  No gloves, blowing snow, bloody knife handle slippery as hell...

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5686
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Dec 01, 2022
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:45 pm 
 

Yikes! A lot of jealousy out there, I see.
The Cowboys are the only other team in the NFL which approaches the stupidly successful formula that Ballichick has: Create a team of tough and INTELLIGENT players, refuse to rely on "studs", and fill the roster with DEPTH.
Back in 2001, I said that Bellie would change the game of football, and I stand by that. Strip Brady out, and Cassel will take his place and function perfectly fine. Strip Moss out, and Welker (who is actually the one who makes the critical catches), Stallworth, Watson and many more will fill the void. Strip out any 2 linebackers, and 2 more will step up and deliver.
To be honest, though I prefer the Pats to win next week, I am fine with losing to Dallas. I detest Owens, who is a whining mule with nowhere near the talent he or anyone else thinks he has, but the rest of the team is solid.


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 7975
Joined: Jun 23, 2003
Last Visit: Dec 04, 2022
Location: DFW TX

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:48 pm 
 

bombadil wrote:Only one problem with that scenario, however likely it is to happen:  Brady's balls are usually in Hoody's mouth.


Nice one!!!!!  :D

Like Deadlord says, I think the Pats have done what several successful teams in history have done, and that is create a successful system. At the bottom of each success story, there it is.  However, you do have to have a few special players to implement the system.  In Bellicheat's case it is Brady; in the Cowboys case it is Romo.  Trade those two players between teams, both teams would be as successul. Eliminate them off the teams, and you would be shocked at the level of talent drop...I'm talking 8-8, maybe. Sorta like if Favre goes down, that team will become alarmingly normal. Never underestimate a franchise QB (or player) and his effect on a franchise, no matter what the scheme.  Reminds me of good old Phil Jackson, who supposedly can plug anyone into his triangle offense, yet oddly enough has won nothing coaching teams without guys named Jordan and O'Neill.....!  Gee, what a great coach Phil is.... :roll:

The first full game Romo played, I knew happy days were here for the Cowboys.  Ditto I'm sure the first time Brady for Pats fans.  

The demise of almost any team can be a number of factors, but more often than not it's the departure of a franchise player, followed by sudden lack of depth due to injury or free agency.  A lot of people don't realize the secret to the Cowboys defense in the mid-90s (quick, name someone on the defense besides Deion Sanders) was incredible depth, they basically fielded an entire second team in the second half of games and wore teams down. The Pats Def reminds me of that quitea lot, and the Cowboys Def is getting there

However, let's dont' kid ourselves, if Brady goes down, or Romo, both teams are looking at a .500 record no matter who takes over from the bench.

Mike B.

Mike B.


"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 7975
Joined: Jun 23, 2003
Last Visit: Dec 04, 2022
Location: DFW TX

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:18 pm 
 

Badmike wrote:
Nice one!!!!!  :D

Like Deadlord says, I think the Pats have done what several successful teams in history have done, and that is create a successful system. At the bottom of each success story, there it is.  However, you do have to have a few special players to implement the system.  In Bellicheat's case it is Brady; in the Cowboys case it is Romo.  Trade those two players between teams, both teams would be as successul. Eliminate them off the teams, and you would be shocked at the level of talent drop...I'm talking 8-8, maybe. Sorta like if Favre goes down, that team will become alarmingly normal. Never underestimate a franchise QB (or player) and his effect on a franchise, no matter what the scheme.  Reminds me of good old Phil Jackson, who supposedly can plug anyone into his triangle offense, yet oddly enough has won nothing coaching teams without guys named Jordan and O'Neill.....!  Gee, what a great coach Phil is.... :roll:

The first full game Romo played, I knew happy days were here for the Cowboys.  Ditto I'm sure the first time Brady for Pats fans.  

The demise of almost any team can be a number of factors, but more often than not it's the departure of a franchise player, followed by sudden lack of depth due to injury or free agency.  A lot of people don't realize the secret to the Cowboys defense in the mid-90s (quick, name someone on the defense besides Deion Sanders) was incredible depth, they basically fielded an entire second team in the second half of games and wore teams down. The Pats Def reminds me of that quitea lot, and the Cowboys Def is getting there

However, let's dont' kid ourselves, if Brady goes down, or Romo, both teams are looking at a .500 record no matter who takes over from the bench.

Mike B.


One caveat:

I said the same thing about the Eagles last year when McNabb went down...and Garcia led them to the playoffs.  But then I think that says more about McNabb's "talent" than anything..... Rush Limbaugh and TO are turning out to be absolutely correct in everything said about the over rated McNabb...

Mike B.


"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

 WWW  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6455
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Sep 10, 2022

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:58 pm 
 

Deadlord39 wrote:No, but the Cowboys have theirs. All the other teams still have their video footage of opposing coaches.


Funny all those teams out there were doing and yet only Hoodie was the only one who got caught.  Must be the double secret anti-Patriots conspiracy...


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 772
Joined: Feb 21, 2003
Last Visit: Jun 22, 2018
Location: Spokane, WA

Post Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:13 pm 
 

FYI for Americans

REMINDER...3 days from today, all cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sales calls.

     To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone: 888-382-1222.

     It is the National DO NOT CALL list. It will only take a minute of your time.
     It blocks your number for five (5) years.
     You must call from the cell phone number you want to have blocked.
     You cannot call from a different phone number.

     Please pass on to others as appropriate.  It only takes about 20 seconds to register.


"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 7975
Joined: Jun 23, 2003
Last Visit: Dec 04, 2022
Location: DFW TX

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:18 am 
 

Kosh Vorlontay wrote:FYI for Americans

REMINDER...3 days from today, all cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sales calls.

     To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone: 888-382-1222.

     It is the National DO NOT CALL list. It will only take a minute of your time.
     It blocks your number for five (5) years.
     You must call from the cell phone number you want to have blocked.
     You cannot call from a different phone number.

     Please pass on to others as appropriate.  It only takes about 20 seconds to register.


Kosh this is actually a well-worn urban legend.  I've seen variations of this several times over the years...I first heard it when I moved into my new house, my new neighbor told me about it (it was 2004 I think).  Check snopes.com for the info:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/cell411.asp

Mike B.


"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 7975
Joined: Jun 23, 2003
Last Visit: Dec 04, 2022
Location: DFW TX

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:33 am 
 

BTW did anyone miss Monday Night Football with the Cowboys and Bills?  You missed one of the best games I've seen this century.  Unbelievable finish.  You got to see:

Tony Romo tie a Cowboy record with five interceptions;

The Bills set an NFL record with two TDs off Ints and one off a kickoff return (never done in NFL history)...

A last three minutes that will be talked about for years to come if the Cowboys win with Romo as their QB;

With the score 24 to 16, the Cowboys got the ball needing a TD and 2 pt conversion to tie and send the game into overtime. Starting on their own twenty, the Cowboys drove downfield taking 3 min 25 seconds to score.....they had to make the 2 pt conversion to tie, but TO was stripped of the ball. Down by two pts, the Cowboys had to attempt an onside kick with 25 seconds on the clock;

Nick Folk, a rookie kicker who earlier that night had made the longest FG of his career (47 yds), hit a beautiful onside kick that squirted downfield until it was fallen on by a Cowboy at the Buffalo 47 yd line. The Cowboys would have one at most two plays to get into FG position;

First play Romo hits TO who got to the Buffalo 25, no time outs.  The Cowboys run downfield to spike the ball with 1 second left, long enough for Folk to attempt a FG. But not so fast....on further review, the refs decided TO had dropped the ball.  So it's ruled an incomplete pass, and the Cowboys get the ball back with 18 seconds;

The Cowboys run two short passing plays and get the ball down to the Buffalo 35, where Folk would attempt a game winning 53 yds FG.  He makes the kick....and it's good!  But wait, the Bills called a time out before the kick .  Folk has to again kick a 53 yarder, the longest of his career;

With 2 seconds left, Folk bangs it AGAIN through the uprights.  COWBOYS WIN!!!!!

Folk is MONEY.  Romo is the reincarnation of Bret Favre (Interceptions and all...).  This team is bound for something great this year.....

Next week the 5-0 Boys vs the 5-0 Pats...it's going to have to be something special to beat this one.

Mike B.


"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

 WWW  
PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 67 of 111123 ... 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 109110111