Old Random Thoughts or OT Chit-Chat Thread
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 65 of 111123 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:51 am 

bombadil wrote:I got out of bed at 2a.m. here in Denmark to watch the Eagles-Giants game.  Subscribed to over-priced "fibernet" television to get the one channel that shows two live games per week.  

Anyway, what a mother-freaking-disappointment that was.  Justice should be on the bench.  He played like his helmet was on backwards, and McNabb paid the price.  I bet if it had been a home game for the Eagles, he wouldn't have made it home alive.

Ah, well, I DO like Romo, and have always liked T.O.  And then there's Favre...what's not to like?  Wouldn't a Dallas - Greenbay NFC Championship game be great?  A classic in the making.   :D

That Beagles-Midgets game was like a rogue pit bull gnawing on my genitals.....good lord, what a snore fest.  The only good thing was the incredible 12 sacks Coughlin's boys piled on the soon to be injured again for the season McNabb, who was protected about as well as you would be from STDs if you were making it with a 2 dollar hooker at a Herpes Convention.  You're right, the Philly fans would have burned the guy in his uniform.  Then again, they were probably all still celebrating the Phillies division title and too drunk to watch the game last night..... :wink:

Welcome aboard the wagon, Bom.  And yes, I am also hoping for a Packers/Cowboys NFC title game, especially since Romo worships Favre, and has been compared to his style many times, and it could be Favre's swan song this year.....would be a great story!!!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:17 am 

What's not to like about Favre?

1. He continues to play football even though his wife is suffering from invasive ductal breast cancer.

2. He makes the team that has suffered with his recent shitty years wait until it's almost too late to replace him, then tells them "I guess I'll play".

I used to have a great amount of respect for him, but he lost that.
I hope Al took my advice this week and sat McFlabb.........

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:49 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:I hope Al took my advice this week and sat McFlabb.........

two words for my team man, "absolute shite" :)

i couldnt sit him out as my other QB had a bloody bye otherwise i would (only noticed too late)

ah well whatever...its only a game :)

(helps if you keep telling yourself that constantly)

:)

it was ok tho - as i had about one highlight on my whole team so he was in good company in the end :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:14 am 

Ah, I forgot about the bye, Al! Still, a quarterback on a bbye week might have scored more points than McNabb. He has a permanent indentation on his back spelling out "Umenyiora" backwards.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:06 am 

Just goes to show you how vital the O-line is... That Justice kid was owned by Umenyiora. (Pwned?)

bombadil wrote:...There was a pile of heads stacked up around me at the end of every day.  Very cold work.  No gloves, blowing snow, bloody knife handle slippery as hell...

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:43 am 

indeed. they were about as useful as wet toilet paper.

a hammering just doesnt justify what it was either :)

well this week cant be any worse, as i have managed to find another QB and mc-shite is on a bye this week, so anything else is a bonus :)

tell you what tho, dallas are certainly looking pretty damn strong atm.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:46 am 

Don't sweat it.  Every Sunday is a new Sunday.  Today's goat is tomorrow's hero, and every dog gets their day eventually.  That's the beauty of the NFL.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:02 am 

Agent Cooper wrote:Don't sweat it.  Every Sunday is a new Sunday.  Today's goat is tomorrow's hero, and every dog gets their day eventually.  That's the beauty of the NFL.

you reckon huh :)

its all good fun! :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:44 am 

Hey Al,

Going to be watching the Rugby World Cup on this weekend - Aust v England?

Should be a great grudge match after the 2003 game (of course we'll win this time :twisted: )

"Don't tempt me, I can resist anything but temptation"

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:57 am 

AdderMcOne wrote:Hey Al,

Going to be watching the Rugby World Cup on this weekend - Aust v England?

Should be a great grudge match after the 2003 game (of course we'll win this time :twisted: )

i dont really think its a grudge match, though its being touted that way.

in all honesty, i think the aussies are too strong for the current english team. though, if everything kicks into place, i think the english might be a tough pill to swallow for the aussie lads, and well on the day, you just never know.

however, i dont think england will be the walkover that everyone is making them out to be. expect a VERY tough game all round imo.

i dont really care if we win or not, so long as we finally put up a good performance.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:36 am 

I actually hope it'll be very close. A lot of the games have been very one-sided of late, and it's been very poor watching of sport in general here of late.

Our 'grand final' betwen the supposed best 2 teams in the Aussie Rules competition ended up a white wash with the winning team beating the other by 120 points. sheesh!. :roll:

"Don't tempt me, I can resist anything but temptation"

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:22 pm 

I haven't been around much recently.  But if there are any UK members that happen to live close to Leicester, fancy a pint and some music tomorrow night?  These are all playing at my favourite watering hole and Leicester CAMRA pub of the year 2006-2007

http://www.myspace.com/attilastockbroker
http://myspace.com/traceycurtis
http://www.myspace.com/davidrovics

'ear all, see all, say nowt.  Eat all, sup all, pay nowt.  An' if tha ever does owt for nowt then allus do it for thisen.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:33 am 

Cheers John.

Sadly I have a code in the dose and am thusly staying in ce soir.  But I could be tempted up to Leicester in the near future.  Or if you are ever down in Lahndan, let us know.  :D

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:22 am 

One of these days I am going to fly over there just to do some pubbing with you guys. Do you have strippers in the UK?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:33 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:One of these days I am going to fly over there just to do some pubbing with you guys. Do you have strippers in the UK?

Frank....plenty of them kinda places for you to frequent in the seedier areas of town :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:34 am 

johnhuck wrote:I haven't been around much recently.  But if there are any UK members that happen to live close to Leicester, fancy a pint and some music tomorrow night?  These are all playing at my favourite watering hole and Leicester CAMRA pub of the year 2006-2007

http://www.myspace.com/attilastockbroker
http://myspace.com/traceycurtis
http://www.myspace.com/davidrovics

john

thanks for the offer, but am busy dude, sorry.

you are about 100 miles from me.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:52 pm 

red_bus wrote:Cheers John.

Sadly I have a code in the dose and am thusly staying in ce soir.  But I could be tempted up to Leicester in the near future.  Or if you are ever down in Lahndan, let us know.  :D

Will be in London 22/23 November meeting fund managers.  Joy!  If the meetings don't extend too far into the evening I will be hoping to sample some of London's finest ale.

'ear all, see all, say nowt.  Eat all, sup all, pay nowt.  An' if tha ever does owt for nowt then allus do it for thisen.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:57 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:One of these days I am going to fly over there just to do some pubbing with you guys. Do you have strippers in the UK?

You've just reminded me of something I was hoping to forget.  Somehow I managed to find myself at a Rock Bitch gig http://www.rockbitch.tv/home.html

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 65 of 111123 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 109110111