Old Random Thoughts or OT Chit-Chat Thread
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 64 of 111123 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:59 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Dallas' run defense has never been much of a problem.  Their secondary has not played 'smart' defense at all the past couple of years.  I normally don't get emotional during football games but I got pretty pissed last night during the first quarter of the Bears/Cowboys game because of how the cornerbacks were giving up ten yards to the wide receivers and not playing them close.  John Madden kept saying that the Bears receivers were going to pick them apart if they didnt close the gap and play them tight.  Right after that statement the corners finally got in there and started breaking up plays.  Go figure.  :?

The officiating was pretty pathetic as well.  Worst I have seen in a long time...at least during the first half anyway.  The Cowboys have always been a little penalty happy but that was pretty ridiculous.

Dallas has a very talented offensive line and their receivers are some of the best in the league.  Not only at getting open and scoring but also in blocking.  Did everyone see that block that Sam Hurd put on that poor Chicago defender?  I wasnt sure if that guy was going to get back up after that hit.  There was also a good hit that Marion Barber put on Brian Urlacher.  One of the better examples of irresistable force meeting an unmovable object if I ever saw one.  8O

From what I understand, the reason the defenders are giving up so much space is to "jump" the routes later in the game, when they get the timing down. It seems to be working for Henry at least, who has four picks in the second half this year...give them cushion the first half, figure out the routes and timing, and then jump the route in the 2nd half and get the pick. All so very technical and patented explanation sure to make Killjoy's head explode ("What the hell you talking about, I don't understand a word!!!!"

Besides, Rex the Wonder Dog wasn't going to pick apart anyone last night...sheesh...can't believe he led a team to the superbowl.  I feel for Bears fans right now, their QB blows (anyone hear the shouts for "Griese" at last nights game? the fans agree) and their defense, which was their rock, got picked apart and discarded last night.

The officiating was horrific on both sides. It honestly looked to me like the refs just didn't care last night....they were anxious to get home and watch HBO or something.  

Marion the Barbarian...man, what can you say.  The guy comes to play every single game.  He's a fricking monster.  That run he broke was just ridiculous. He got up from the collusion with Urlacher, and he had a smile on his face. That's the kind of attitude you want to have when playing football, sure it's a life and death struggle, but let's also have a little fun....

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:02 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
i was tracking the philly game - was damn exciting stuff in the 1st half. 2nd half was a bit of a damp squib really in comparison, but they kept detroit scoreless which was pretty cool.

Al

ps. and WAHAY the jets won! YAHOOO!! :)

Ah, nice to see Al gettng hooked...fantasy football was what got me from just a fan to a fanatic, myself.  Al will be sporting a McNabb jersey before this is all over!

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:17 pm 

Badmike wrote:
Ah, nice to see Al gettng hooked...fantasy football was what got me from just a fan to a fanatic, myself.  Al will be sporting a McNabb jersey before this is all over!

Mike B.

well i have to support him cos he is my feckin QB so i dont have much option :)

but yeah i might just get one for GenCon next year :)

Al

ps. mind you, they won't have them in my size....i mean WTF is it with them sizes man??!!! XXXL??!!! feck! :)

pps. well i got well and truly trounced this weekend anyway, but then i expected to. whaddaya do..... its all fun :)

ppps. i still dont understand it at all :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:24 pm 

Anybody want to buy a missile base on eBay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Titan-Missile-Base- ... 0132455924

:lol:

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:32 pm 

He still hasn't found buyers for that thing?  I suppose, given that the last estimate to clean it up and get into into a condition where it's actually usable that I heard was in the tens of millions of dollars, that I shouldn't be surprised.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:56 pm 

Might want to keep an eye on your PayPal/eBay accounts and credit card statements for the next little bit:

http://www.auctionbytes.com/cab/abn/y07/m09/i25/s00

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:41 pm 

I was literallt discussing Romanian crackers (yes, crackers, they are NOT hackers) two hours ago.
I have no idea why a collective effort to transform Romania into a parking lot via selective missile strikes has not been initiated. The Balkans are responsible for the vast majority of cybercrime.
In all honesty, denying incoming and outgoing connections to the country would be a sharp blow. Smarten the little thieves up.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:48 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q9m2iFsz9M

Anyone know if this is a .com or global issue?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:49 pm 

The official eBay line at the moment is currently that the person responsible was using an exploit that allowed him to appear to post as a given poster, and that the credit card numbers were in fact gibberish.

Believe as much of that as you wish. ;)

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:52 pm 

Megnelwil: supposedly there were some .co.uk userids in there as well.  

Information is a bit spotty, what with no list of posted usernames available that I know of.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:57 pm 

jasonw1239 wrote:Anybody want to buy a missile base on eBay?

** expired/removed eBay auction **

:lol:

Damn...I wish I had a few hundred million dollars to blow on something like that.  Might be a nice place to hide from the Feds....or terrorists...or whoever is still looking for me.  :roll:

Not only that but I could incorporate it into a Twilight: 2000 or Morrow Project campaign very nicely.  :D

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:08 pm 

One of the original reasons for the Morrow Projects existence!
It would make one hell of a re-creation of Prime Base!  :D

Secrets of Tibet

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:30 pm 

g026r wrote:Megnelwil: supposedly there were some .co.uk userids in there as well.  

Information is a bit spotty, what with no list of posted usernames available that I know of.

List of IDs that were exposed (don't worry, no personal data here, just the IDs), but there's no way of knowing how many IDs would have been posted if the threads had not been pulled.

http://www.shenemanfamily.com/comp.html

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:31 am 

Massively off topic, but I've been sorting through my 10 or so longboxes of sales comics (as opposed to my 50 or so non sale boxes  8O ) getting them ready for conventions this and next year.   I'm frankly sick of looking at them.  If anyone wants some good deals, let me know, I priced a ton of them at a buck each just to move the suckers.  Boxes I've gone through already include Thor, Wolverine, XMen, and the majority of them are priced at $1 (in very nice shape, btw, most never read). Getting ready to do the Batman, Spiderman, Hulk, Superman boxes.  If you have a want list PM me....sorry most of the really hard to find stuff (Iron Fist #14, for example) I'm keep at collectible prices. But the majority of filler comics...I'd like to wave bye bye to them.

PS if you live in the DFW/Texas area, and you are interested in comics, come on by the house.  I have everything set up in the garage while I"m bagging and pricing.  Plus save on shipping...plus I'll give you a REALLY good deal face to face....

Mike B.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:59 am 

Mike, do you have a copy of Strange Tales #167?
That is the one with the image of the rider on horseback that was "borrowed" for the cover of the woodgrain D&D sets.

Secrets of Tibet

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:10 pm 

jasonw1239 wrote:Mike, do you have a copy of Strange Tales #167?
That is the one with the image of the rider on horseback that was "borrowed" for the cover of the woodgrain D&D sets.
[ Image ]

Nope...but try some of the online stores, without knowing the "D&D" significance of the issue, I bet you could get a copy without much problem....

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:18 am 

COWBOYS ARE 4-0 FOR FIRST TIME SINCE 1995!

Yes, that's right, the first time since the Cowboys last one a superbowl, and Aikman, Smith and Irvin played. Romo, Crayton and the Defense were the heroes this time out against a pathetic Rams team that put up little effort in a methodical beating.

Romo had another spectacular game...with a couple of plays that were simply amazing (including the snap over his head that he tracked down, then got the first down, after running around for about 30 yds behind the line of scrimmage!).  Next week brings the Bills and win #5; after that it finally gets serious with a meeting against the Pats where both teams should be undefeated at 5-0 apiece.  Should be well worth the two week wait!

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:40 am 

I got out of bed at 2a.m. here in Denmark to watch the Eagles-Giants game.  Subscribed to over-priced "fibernet" television to get the one channel that shows two live games per week.  

Anyway, what a mother-freaking-disappointment that was.  Justice should be on the bench.  He played like his helmet was on backwards, and McNabb paid the price.  I bet if it had been a home game for the Eagles, he wouldn't have made it home alive.

Ah, well, I DO like Romo, and have always liked T.O.  And then there's Favre...what's not to like?  Wouldn't a Dallas - Greenbay NFC Championship game be great?  A classic in the making.   :D

Let mirth prevail!

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 64 of 111123 ... 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 109110111