Old Random Thoughts or OT Chit-Chat Thread
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 62 of 111123 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:04 pm 

Badmike wrote:ROMO......ROMO.......ROMO....

ROMO!!!!

If you had the Cowboys QB in your fantasy league, or in real life, you are living large right now!!!!!

Cowboys 45, Giants 35

Romo had one single mistep, a bad INT in the 2nd half, but otherwise put up 345 yds and 4 TDs.  The offense looks great...the defense, eh, they better get a LOT better unless they plan on scoring 40+ pts every week.

But being 1-0 on a week when you beat a NFC East rival, AND the Beagles lose, is sweet...!

Mike B.

ROMO......ROMO......ROMO...

ROMO!

Cowboys win again, easily taking care of the Dolphins 37-20.  Romo again had a great game, and the Cowboys go 2-0 atop the division....hopefully the Beagles lose next week even if it means the Skins go up 2-0 with the Cowboys, tomorrow night will be tough with me rooting against both teams!

Cowboys defense looked better this week, but then again, my grandmother and her pokeno night buddies would look great against Trent "Interception" Green. What a joke.  

Romo might be on the edge of a very special year.  Also, nice to see the Packers win again...man, would a great NFC final be the Packers vs the Boys, with Romo playing against his idol, the old man in perhaps his last season.  Would be great!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:01 pm 

Badmike wrote:
Cowboys win again, easily taking care of the Dolphins 37-20.  Romo again had a great game, and the Cowboys go 2-0 atop the division....hopefully the Beagles lose next week even if it means the Skins go up 2-0 with the Cowboys, tomorrow night will be tough with me rooting against both teams!

Mike B.

When the Redskins play the eagles I always cheer for massive injuries.

Veterans Stadium in philadelphia had a jail and a courtroom built right into the stadium...the only NFL venue to have anything of the sort.  That says a lot about the eagles and the city of philadelphia.

As a Cowboys fan, I see the Redskins as a noble enemy, while philadelphia and the eagles represent all that is bad about America.  :D   They are the city that boo'ed Santa Claus and pelted him with snowballs.

I usually cannot bring myself to order a philadelphia cheese steak sandwich and I buy generic cream cheese rather than philadelphia Cream Cheese.

I like Ron Jaworski as a football commentator, but every time he comes onto the TV I remember 1980 and I cannot help baring my teeth at his image on the screen.  And...don't even get me started on Dick Vermiel.  Just the mention of the name Wilbert Montgomery makes me angry.

Did I mention I don't like the eagles?  :?

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:50 pm 

FormCritic wrote:
When the Redskins play the eagles I always cheer for massive injuries.

Wow, ditto.  Please a scrum, mud pit of a game that ends with a wobbly FG that takes it 3-0.  The worse both teams look, the better.

Veterans Stadium in philadelphia had a jail and a courtroom built right into the stadium...the only NFL venue to have anything of the sort.  That says a lot about the eagles and the city of philadelphia.

The fans are pigs, and the most karmic return in the world is the fact that their football team has won nothing of note in 47 years, while their rivals in the NFC east have won a combined 10 superbowls in that time period.  Entire generations of Beagles fans will be born, live and die without seeing their team ever hoist a trophy.  Sweet, sweet karma.

As a Cowboys fan, I see the Redskins as a noble enemy, while philadelphia and the eagles represent all that is bad about America.  :D   They are the city that boo'ed Santa Claus and pelted him with snowballs.

Not to mention they love cheering an opposing player lying motionless on the ground with an injury...it's happened many times....sick, sick sick.

Most Cowboy fans give a grudging admiraton for the Skins and their fans, as well as some of the players that have come along in those years (Art Monk not getting into the Football Hall of Fame is a joke).  Most Skins fans I know, while pasionate, are at least semi intelligent and fairly couth  :D The Beagles are like the snotty nosed, foul mouthed little punk in junior high that shoots spitballs at you from across the room while picking his nose and feasting on his boogers.  A noisy, smelly distraction but in the long run no real "enemy", just an annoyance.  Go away son, ya bother me.....

I like Ron Jaworski as a football commentator, but every time he comes onto the TV I remember 1980 and I cannot help baring my teeth at his image on the screen.  And...don't even get me started on Dick Vermiel.  Just the mention of the name Wilbert Montgomery makes me angry.

Don't forget the greatest coaching con man in NFL history, Buddy "The Fatman" Ryan, who called a cheap "kneel down" TD against the boys that he should be ashamed off, then finished his illustrious career in Arizona 4-12 declaring "Now you guys got a winner in town!" (snicker).  But when you talk about hating the Beagles, you can't forget the fans....ah, the fans....
 I actually cringe to think what would have happened had Everett gone down on the sewer of a field in Philly with paralysis; probably the crowd would have started the wave, thrown confetti, and began humping their fat, sweating, beer swilling buddies in utter glee.  Everytime McNabb goes down with a season ending injury, I smile and think about that karmic wheel turning......

Did I mention I don't like the eagles?  :?

Not even their FANS like the Beagles very much.....

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:35 am 

Article from Wired.com with a mention of 4.0.

http://blog.wired.com/geekdad/2007/09/dd-reincarnated.html

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:25 am 

I know very little about the history or pedigree of the various NFL teams. Apart from obvious ones I guess. It's kind of cool though not having too much prejudice when it comes to fantasy football.

Man, this week my Acaeum league team continues to struggle. 60 points? This is the team I spent hours crafting, laboriously hand picking each player, putting much thought into it. Two weeks in a row and only 60 points to show each time for the effort. But somehow 60 was enough for a win this week.... 16 teams, I have the 15th best score and it's good enough for a win. Somehow.

But over in the Luddites, with an autodraft team I had no input on - week one I high score with 155 points. THIS week I have 206? and with Westbrook yet to play?

Regards

Mike

Demand of them whither they should comme to devide the worlde with the Emperour? And as they answered, he tooke up his shirte behinde and shewed them his buttocks, sayenge unto them, drawe your Lyne throughe the middest of *this* place.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:07 am 

some interesting results in the acaeum league there.

i am hoping on a decent result tonight. i need to make up a good 20 pts on my QB or i get a hammering this week!

all good fun - i havent got a clue what i am doing but its fun :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:36 pm 

My poor, pitiful Giants.
I think our defensive coordinator is still working for the Eagles.
:x

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:45 pm 

I'm an Eagles fan. Philadelphia is a great city and fans are rated as the most devoted. Unfortunately, they have a bad reputation that's really not deserved.

Not to mention they love cheering an opposing player lying motionless on the ground with an injury...it's happened many times....sick, sick sick.

Most Cowboy fans give a grudging admiraton for the Skins and their fans, as well as some of the players that have come along in those years (Art Monk not getting into the Football Hall of Fame is a joke). Most Skins fans I know, while pasionate, are at least semi intelligent and fairly couth  The Beagles are like the snotty nosed, foul mouthed little punk in junior high that shoots spitballs at you from across the room while picking his nose and feasting on his boogers. A noisy, smelly distraction but in the long run no real "enemy", just an annoyance. Go away son, ya bother me.....

Interesting...coming from a Cowboys fan. The very worst of the bandwagon fans in the history of modern sports. Cowboys fans regular utter monosyllabic jibberish ending with something about being America's team. The only thing Dallas is missing is Dan Snyder (they do have a good alternative however) to buy every name in the offseason  based on their ranking on the latest Madden game.
Eagles fans cheered only when Irvin was injured and before anyone knew the severity of the injury. It got quiet when he stayed down. To suggest that they would have cheered when Everet was injured is as absurd as Irvin's comments on Romo's ancestry. Let's not forget other fans around the league who boo/cheer injured players like Pennington or Giants fans knocking out opposing coaches with ice balls.

As for the courtroom, yeah Philly had one, they don't in the Linc, but they've got one or an equivalent in several stadiums for unruly fans. Although the media jumped all over that one.  

Intelligence? Again a Cowboys fan certainly shouldn't question any other fans intelligence.  And no surprise you don't like Buddy Ryan he regularly kicked the crap out of the Boys' much like Reid has.

Who doesn't like Dick Vermiel? Again, I don't know what right thinking person would say that the Eagles represent all that is bad with the Dallas Cowboys in the same division. Hell, Jimmy admitted to cheating while he was a the coach. Glad to see some things never change. Redskins fans...well I feel sorry that Snyder is there owner but at 1-0 you'd have guessed they clinched home field through the playoffs.

Sorry guys, I get real tired of hearing all this bad stuff about Philly when its a perception problem.Every team has bad fans but only the bad ones get the press. Eagles fans do represent lower socio-economic groups while only the wealthiest can get near Fedex Field. I'm glad some actual hard working people can see a game at the Linc.

If you can't order a cheesesteak I'd say you've got some deep-seeded emotional issues to work out.

Hmm, no, I don't have a gambling problem, I'm winning, and winning is not a problem. That's like saying Michael Jordan has a basketball problem, or Def Leppard has an awesomeness problem. So why don't y'all pour some sugar on that?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:13 pm 

FormCritic wrote:As a Cowboys fan, I see the Redskins as a noble enemy, while philadelphia and the eagles represent all that is bad about America.  :D   They are the city that boo'ed Santa Claus and pelted him with snowballs.

Heh . . . remember the Seattle Mariners' (baseball) fans who threw their free giveaway souvenir baseballs onto the field during a game?  No baseballs for you!  :lol:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:28 pm 

Cattledog wrote:I'm an Eagles fan. Philadelphia is a great city and fans are rated as the most devoted. Unfortunately, they have a bad reputation that's really not deserved.

I knew we'd smoke one out!!! :D

Interesting...coming from a Cowboys fan. The very worst of the bandwagon fans in the history of modern sports. Cowboys fans regular utter monosyllabic jibberish ending with something about being America's team. The only thing Dallas is missing is Dan Snyder (they do have a good alternative however) to buy every name in the offseason  based on their ranking on the latest Madden game.

Odd how someone would be bandwagonning a team that hasn't won a playoff game in ten years...all the bandwagonners have jumped to the Pats, Steelers and others the last few years. No, you've gotta be a diehard to still be here through the debacle of the Dave Campo years or the hype of the Parcells years.  America's Team was a moniker given the Cowboys by the NFL marketing department in the late 70s/early 80s when they noticed Cowboys apparel was doing over 50% of the entire business in souvenirs.  And the Cowboys have actually been pretty quiet on the free agent front the last few years, except for Vanderjack (which blew up in their face) and TO (which has worked out ok); Jones is definitely no Steinbrenner.  

Eagles fans cheered only when Irvin was injured and before anyone knew the severity of the injury. It got quiet when he stayed down.

I saw the game on TV; the cheering INTENSIFIED when the backbrace was wheeled out; shots of fans in the stands showed unrestrained dancing and celebrating.  The announcers of that game were frankly speechless at the display. To suggest otherwise means you either weren't there, didn't watch it, or are trying to rewrite history.  Don't worry; I'd be ashamed also.....

To suggest that they would have cheered when Everet was injured is as absurd as Irvin's comments on Romo's ancestry. Let's not forget other fans around the league who boo/cheer injured players like Pennington or Giants fans knocking out opposing coaches with ice balls.

If Everett had been wearing a Skins, Giants of Boys uniform, I can bet you an impromptu party would have broken out, sure.  No doubt in my mind.  And not to excuse NY fans either, they are probably only one small rung below the classless Beagles fans in terms of being beer swilling morons.  Raiders fans are probably stuck somewhere between the two in levels of preposterousness, gotta give them their due.

As for the courtroom, yeah Philly had one, they don't in the Linc, but they've got one or an equivalent in several stadiums for unruly fans. Although the media jumped all over that one.

The Beagles probably get too much of a beat down for this, I agree.  Lots of other stadiums have secured areas.  

Intelligence? Again a Cowboys fan certainly shouldn't question any other fans intelligence.  And no surprise you don't like Buddy Ryan he regularly kicked the crap out of the Boys' much like Reid has.

When Ryan coached the Eagles (87-90), EVERYONE was beating the crap out of the Cowboys, so no real accomplishment there. While I respect Reid, Ryan was a disgusting punk that your own fans and owner ran out of town when it became obvious he didn't have a clue how to win in the playoffs (Record: 0-3 in playoffs his entire tenure as a head coach, despite several superior teams in that time).  Basically, Ryan parlayed a Bears superbowl win (and no question, Ryan was an excellent defensive coordinator) into a .500 career and several embarrasing incidents, including the kneel-down TD (so classless I've never seen another coach pull this in the intervening 20 years of football at any level), putting bounties out for injuring players, and getting into a sideline fight with the offensive coordinator of the Oilers when he coached the defense there in the 90s.  It is fitting the worst NFL franchise in history, the Cardinals, is where he chose to finish his career, as they fell for the "You guys have a winner in town now" speech when he'd won nothing as a head coach his entire career.  Owner Bidwell was never the sharpest tack in the drawer....

Sorry guys, I get real tired of hearing all this bad stuff about Philly when its a perception problem.Every team has bad fans but only the bad ones get the press. Eagles fans do represent lower socio-economic groups while only the wealthiest can get near Fedex Field. I'm glad some actual hard working people can see a game at the Linc.

Sometimes perception is reality though...

If you can't order a cheesesteak I'd say you've got some deep-seeded emotional issues to work out.

Yeh, I think so too, those things are just too damn good tasting to give up on because of the name......!

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:32 pm 

Agent Cooper wrote:My poor, pitiful Giants.
I think our defensive coordinator is still working for the Eagles.
:x

Unsolicited advice: You guys need to fire Coughlin TOMORROW.  The team is a reflection of their coach...rigid, uncreative, and unfun. I bet if they got someone in their that would loosen upa  bit, the entire organization could take a breath and start playing football....

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:33 pm 

Go Packers :D

Now just hope we can beat the Chargers and prove we have a better defense then the Bears. Already know we have a better QB.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:00 am 

The "kneel-down TD"?  Details, please--can I guess that the kneel-down itself was a fake (since the play is blown dead as soon as the knee touches down) and then there was a score?  
(I'm thinking along the lines of the "fake spike TD" that Dan Marino once pulled on the Jets in the Meadowlands a few years back . . .  .)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:40 am 

Should have listened to me, Al....................

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:07 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:Should have listened to me, Al....................

hehe yeah youre right. trouble is, it really was one of them 50/50 situations....i thought home advantage might have just won it over for them realistically, but anyway not to worry. its only a game after all and a little fun.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:20 pm 

A large majority of the people of Nebraska are probably thinking to themselves today "Why the hell did I vote for that jerkwad?".

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20827350/?GT1=10357

Why can't morons like this find a different way to make a statement or get publicity?  I just don't get it.  :?

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:33 pm 

BADMIKE QUOTE "And not to excuse NY fans either, they are probably only one small rung below the classless Beagles fans in terms of being beer swilling morons."

I think you are speaking of Jets Fans.  :D

Seriously....No we are not.  Ever been to Giants Stadium?  I have, many times.  If you spent any time there, you'd know we are great football fans, who respect the game and love our team.

As far as stupid drunks, you can't act up very much, even if you want to.  Security is very, very tight at the stadium, especially since 9/11.  If you even look like you're going to act up, a dozen guys in yellow shirts show up out of nowhere and out you go.  But you know what?  It doesn't happen as much as you might think.  Like everywhere, civility is on the decline and there's always people getting ejected.  But the real fans are definitely the vast majority, and are alot more interested in the game then in getting hammered and acting like idiots in the seats.  

And consider that if a season ticket holder at Giants stadium, or THEIR GUEST, does something to be asked to leave by security, their season tickets are revoked and their seats are given to the next person on the waiting list.  No appeal, no recourse.  Because of this, none of the hardcore season holders engage in nonsense.

That San Diego incident was a fluke.  Let me tell you what happened, since you are obviously uneducated on the history of this  (you are a Cowboys fan living in TX, so I don't expect you to be):

It was the last game of the season.  The Giants were not going anyplace that year, it was a meaningless game -- (It was the Dave Brown era, so every game was meaningless  :P ) Because of this, and also the very bad weather that weekend, alot of regular ticket holders and fans didn't show up to that game, and put their tickets up for sale.  There were suddenly alot of tickets available for the "general public" that day.  (This is almost unheard of in Giants stadium, which is sold out for every game.)  Alot of complete noodges who could care less about the Giants and wouldn't otherwise be there showed up and began acting stupid.  Luckily, a bunch of them were videotaped doing it and were prosecuted.

BTW 75 season guys lost their tickets at that San Diego game for selling them to idiots.  Served em right!

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:48 pm 

:D
I just received an email from Chaosium that my submission to their Call of Cthulhu Halloween scenario contest was one of the winners!

This will be twice in one month that I will have something published by Chaosium!

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 62 of 111123 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 109110111