Old Random Thoughts or OT Chit-Chat Thread
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 59 of 111123 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:01 pm 

Why am I getting the impression that I am being ignored?  :?  I mean is it me being paranoid or what?  If I am being ignored thats cool, someone should have just told me to leave the least someone could have done is PM me.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:22 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Why am I getting the impression that I am being ignored?  :?  I mean is it me being paranoid or what?  If I am being ignored thats cool, someone should have just told me to leave the least someone could have done is PM me.

what you on about??!!! nobody is ignoring you ya daft sod

:)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:25 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Why am I getting the impression that I am being ignored?  :?  I mean is it me being paranoid or what?  If I am being ignored thats cool, someone should have just told me to leave the least someone could have done is PM me.

Eh What??? :?  no I'm certainly not ignoring you  :D

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:27 pm 

For anyone that thought George Lucas was smoking weed when he put titles to the Star Wars prequels...here is definitive evidence that he was:

http://popcornjunkies.insidepulse.com/a ... title.html

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull???  Where does he get this crap from?

PDT_Armataz_01_23

And yes bclarkie...you are a daft sod.  Whatever the hell that means.  :wink:

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:36 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:And yes bclarkie...you are a daft sod.  Whatever the hell that means.  :wink:

daft sod = silly = stoopid = gimp = muppet or whatever strange thing you americans dream up for a poor attempt at all our good words :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:12 pm 

Did bclarkie say something?

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:12 pm 

who?

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:19 pm 

the whole world really has gone mad.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 59,00.html

i really do wonder what the hell is happening to us all  :?

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:01 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:the whole world really has gone mad.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 59,00.html

i really do wonder what the hell is happening to us all  :?

Wow!  Now that's a penalty that makes a statement.  I always laugh when series like Nascar hand out penalties such as suspending the crew chief or fining a driver $20,000.  These are basically meaningless penalties that at most cause a minor disturbance to the team and are shrugged off.  Now $100 million that's more up to speed.

I'm sure none of this will hurt Hamilton as being the UK's boy - its been so long since there has been a UK champion.  I think Nigel Mansell was the last one and he fought years to get there.  Hamilton is just amazing and I hope he wins if Kimi doesn't :)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:38 pm 

Methinks they won't do it again.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:26 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:Methinks they won't do it again.

hehe i agree! wow thats one fine and then some! :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:56 pm 

bclarkie wrote:I mean is it me being paranoid or what?  .

It's not paranoia if people REALLY are out to get you :twisted:

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:04 pm 

Sure it is. Its just justified paranoia.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:02 pm 

Holy crap!  8O

http://autoshow.autos.msn.com/autoshow/ ... id=5421379

I am so thankful that I don't collect cars.  $1.4 million dollars....for a car!?!  Sure it has 650 horsepower, goes 0-60 in 3.4 seconds, and is made from carbon reinforced aluminum....but $1.4 million?!?

Italian car manufacturers are just plain crazy.  :P

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:06 pm 

Mars wrote:
Wow!  Now that's a penalty that makes a statement.  I always laugh when series like Nascar hand out penalties such as suspending the crew chief or fining a driver $20,000.  These are basically meaningless penalties that at most cause a minor disturbance to the team and are shrugged off.  Now $100 million that's more up to speed.

I'm sure none of this will hurt Hamilton as being the UK's boy - its been so long since there has been a UK champion.  I think Nigel Mansell was the last one and he fought years to get there.  Hamilton is just amazing and I hope he wins if Kimi doesn't :)

Speaking of penalties:

NEW YORK (AP) -- Roger Goodell's hard line on discipline, aimed so far at players, came down this time on a coach and a team.

New England coach Bill Belichick was fined the NFL maximum of $500,000 Thursday and the Patriots were ordered to pay $250,000 for spying on an opponent's defensive signals.

The commissioner also ordered the team to give up next year's first-round draft choice if it reaches the playoffs and second- and third-round picks if it doesn't.

"This episode represents a calculated and deliberate attempt to avoid longstanding rules designed to encourage fair play and promote honest competition on the playing field," Goodell said in a letter to the Patriots.

Wow, this is even worse than I expected.  A half million bucks!!!!! You gotta hand it to Goodell...he's already had some tough decisions to make, and he's brought down the hammer.  Hopefully this year is a good beginning towards cleaning up some of the shadier aspects of the game. Right now the NBA could use a leader like him.....

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:40 am 

Dont know how many of you are fans of the movie Blade Runner but they are doing a limited re-release in theaters (again) and to commemorate the final edition (hopefully) of the movie they are putting out this uber DVD collector's edition:

http://www.amazon.com/Blade-Runner-Five ... 571&sr=8-1

Amazon is selling it for 30% off of the retail price and it is numbered and limited (cant find the exact number though) and will only be available for four months after its release.

I dont usually go for these ridiculous box sets with all the knick-knacks but I already pre-ordered one.  :roll:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:14 am 

KOP: if youre a bladerunner fan, this is THE thing to get your hands on. for the first time, it will be re-edited back into its complete original form, which has never been seen.

there was to be a 2DVD release and a 4DVD release, but as mentioned above, there is a 5DVD release too which will encompass basically everything that relates to the film! wow :)

i heard news of this about 2 months ago and have been sat patiently waiting for it :)

one of the clips that has never been seen is actually on youtube if anyone is interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUHOKX_As0E

heres something cool too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lW0F1sccqk

and also this, which is meant to be the bladerunner: final cut trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_hYs1jB ... ed&search=

this is prb one of my fave ever sci-fi movies of all time - certainly more than star wars for me.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:15 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Dont know how many of you are fans of the movie Blade Runner but they are doing a limited re-release in theaters (again) and to commemorate the final edition (hopefully) of the movie they are putting out this uber DVD collector's edition:

http://www.amazon.com/Blade-Runner-Five ... 571&sr=8-1

Amazon is selling it for 30% off of the retail price and it is numbered and limited (cant find the exact number though) and will only be available for four months after its release.

I dont usually go for these ridiculous box sets with all the knick-knacks but I already pre-ordered one.  :roll:

Wow, just noticed the complete Twin Peaks is also up for sale...I'll be buying this one, because unlike earlier versions it also contains the brilliant two hour pilot......

Highly recommended. If you aren't hooked after the pilot, maybe you should go back to Sailor Moon or whatever other pap you typically watch...!

Unfortunately the show fell apart after Laura Palmer's killer was revealed...but the ride up until then is pretty incredible. Definitely changed TV for the better, shows like Pickett Fences, Lost, XFiles and others all owe a bunch to TP's unusual style and substance.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 59 of 111123 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 109110111