Old Random Thoughts or OT Chit-Chat Thread
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 59 of 111123 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 109110111
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:45 pm 

California by far.  It's not even close.  80% to 20% of the population perhaps?

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:00 pm 

bclarkie wrote:On a more serious note:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/f ... ml?cnn=yes

Hopefully it won't be as bad as it seems right now, but it sure dosn't look good right now.  Man I really hate seeing kids get hurt like this.

Great News out of Buffalo tonight:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=a ... &type=lgns

He's apparently not out of the woods yet, but the prognosis is much better today than really could have been expected.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:50 am 

bclarkie wrote:
Great News out of Buffalo tonight:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=a ... &type=lgns

He's apparently not out of the woods yet, but the prognosis is much better today than really could have been expected.

yeah i saw that too - great news for the guy. lets hope his recovery is good.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:00 pm 

"Hoodie" once again shows the absolute miserable human being he's become....as the Pats get caught, red handed, cheating....

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick apologized to his team on Wednesday and confirmed that he has spoken to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell about his "interpretation" of league rules that ban videotaping of the opposing sideline.

It was not clear what Belichick was apologizing for, and the coach repeatedly refused to elaborate on a one-paragraph statement issued 10 minutes before a regularly scheduled news conference to discuss Sunday night's game against the San Diego Chargers.

"At this point, we have not been notified of the league's ruling," Belichick said in a statement. "Although it remains a league matter, I want to apologize to everyone who has been affected, most of all ownership, staff and players. Following the league's decision, I will have further comment."

The statement said Belichick spoke with Goodell this week about a "videotaping procedure" during last Sunday's game and "my interpretation of the rules."

After about 15 minutes discussing Sunday's game, Belichick was pressed harder on his "interpretation of the rules," and the coach walked out of the room.

NFL security confiscated a video camera and tape from a Patriots employee during New England's 38-14 victory over the New York Jets on Sunday. The employee was accused of aiming his camera at the Jets' defensive coaches as they signaled to players on the field.

ESPN.com, citing league sources, reported Tuesday that Goodell has determined the Patriots violated league rules that ban videotaping of defensive signals. The report also said the Patriots have not yet presented their case to the league.

The Web site's report said Goodell is considering severe sanctions, including docking the Patriots "multiple draft picks." A league spokesman said only that an investigation is under way, and both teams said no decision has been made.

Asked repeatedly to elaborate on the statement and the effect it might have on his team, Belichick was left begging for football questions. But few in the media workroom had come to hear about San Diego.

"Any questions about the Chargers?" he pleaded in his standard other-things-to-do monotone. "Want to talk about the football game? If not, I think that statement pretty much covers it."

It appeared that he might find no takers, before one reporter asked about defending against Chargers running back LaDainian Tomlinson.

The coach smiled.

"Whatever happens out there Sunday night, out there on the field, that's where everybody will make their statement," he said.

So Hoodie's "interpretation" of NFL rules somehow slipped by 30+ other NFL teams? You either film coaches signals on the sideline, or you don't.  30+ other teams know not to.  Belichick doesn't seem to understand, and is such an egomaniac HIS interpretation is the right one.  
I like Goodell's style and I only hope the multiple draft pick losses are all 1st rounders for the next few years, plus a heavy fine, plus making Bellichick act like a human being. Well, I guess you can't hope for too much.  I may have a new most hated team.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:09 pm 

i havent followed this, though i did see a note about it - so he was caught doing something youre not meant to - cardinal rule job?

so what is gonna happen to the patriots then?

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:02 pm 

Now, Mike, is this anger just because the Texas teams suck?
Filming opposing coaches and teams is something every team does, just like almost every player uses "enhancements". It's been going on for years. Personally, I'd LOVE to see them ban all cameras and phones at games.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:29 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:Now, Mike, is this anger just because the Texas teams suck?
Filming opposing coaches and teams is something every team does, just like almost every player uses "enhancements". It's been going on for years. Personally, I'd LOVE to see them ban all cameras and phones at games.

i personally think if they were all allowed to do it - it would level the playing field so to speak and then there wouldnt be any advantage.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:22 pm 

Re:Led Zep tickets.

Anyone actually managed to get onto the website to register yet?

Its been completely dead for me.

Cheers,
malc

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:46 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:Now, Mike, is this anger just because the Texas teams suck?

I don't disagree with the issue of filming the other teams...happens all the time. But you have to film in the designated areas (i.e., from the stands) and wear very specific clothing (brightly colored vests that mark you as filming for an opposition team).

But apparantly the Pats coaches have taken that to mean using a camera on the opposing sidelines during a game, which is very clearly forbidden across the board, and to disguise the person filming (not wearing the required vest).  That's very clearly underhanded.  And it boggles the mind why the Pats need to do this...to the Jets and Packers (last year they were caught doing the same thing in Green Bay) of all teams!  That and the wacko attitude of Hoodie is just too much. Hope they lose a #1 pick, at the very least.

I agree with banning all cellphones....but instead of ballgames, make it ANYWHERE in public.  I'm so tired of catching some nimnuts conversation while stuck in ine at a restaurant, movie theater, or post office.  Not to mention the wack jobs that talk on the phone during movies or sporting events.

I agree that half the Texas teams suck...the Texans are a black hole.  But the Cowboys are 1-0 and just need to outscore every team they play to make it to the playoffs this year.......!

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:23 pm 

Kidding about the Texas teams. I'd like the Cowboys if they ditched the useless Owens.
Hoodie may be an ass, but he's the greatest coach I've seen in 30 years of watching football. To be honest, filming the other team isn't half as bad as juicing, and people like Merriman never seem to pay the price they should. He gets bagged for juicing and he's still called the best defensive player in the NFL. Real smart move, making him a hero for all the future juice monkeys who are in school now and look up to him.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:59 am 

benjoshua wrote:USC for lots of people is University of South Carolina in Columbia, SC.  Not that I'm a fan or anything.

Until a couple of yeas ago, it also used to be the University of Southern Colorado, about 40 miles south of here in Pueblo, CO.  (Don't think it got a little confusing when the local sports guys would talk about  "USC"!)  :scratch:

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:43 pm 

Funniest story I have read in a long time:

http://www.wrn.com/gestalt/go.cfm?objec ... 940E41D607

I can't believe he actually got an attorney to take his case.  Shows you just how greedy some damn people are.  :lol:

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:51 pm 

lawrenson wrote:Re:Led Zep tickets.

Anyone actually managed to get onto the website to register yet?

Its been completely dead for me.

Cheers,
malc

Nope completely dead all day!! :evil:

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:51 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Funniest story I have read in a long time:

I can't believe he actually got an attorney to take his case.  Shows you just how greedy some damn people are.  :lol:

Cases like that should have to be re-enacted in court, filmed and placed on Youtube!  :lol:

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:56 pm 

Several things wrong with that, Pain:

1. An 81 year old guy using fire.
2. An 81 year old guy using a razor and aftershave.
3. Suing Wally World for selling aftershave.
4. Third degree burns. If he was completely drenched in aftershave, it MIGHT burn for 3 seconds tops.
5. People like him not being taken out back and shot once in the base of the skull.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:52 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Funniest story I have read in a long time:

As my lawyer buddy says, someone graduated last in the class!

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:01 pm 

Why am I getting the impression that I am being ignored?  :?  I mean is it me being paranoid or what?  If I am being ignored thats cool, someone should have just told me to leave the least someone could have done is PM me.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:22 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Why am I getting the impression that I am being ignored?  :?  I mean is it me being paranoid or what?  If I am being ignored thats cool, someone should have just told me to leave the least someone could have done is PM me.

what you on about??!!! nobody is ignoring you ya daft sod

:)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 59 of 111123 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 109110111