Old Random Thoughts or OT Chit-Chat Thread
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 57 of 111123 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 109110111
Author

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:18 pm 

I submitted a monograph to Chaosium but have not heard back from them.
Just visited their website and saw this  8O   :D

http://catalog.chaosium.com/product_inf ... ts_id=1130

Jason W.

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:25 pm 

jasonw1239 wrote:I submitted a monograph to Chaosium but have not heard back from them.

Jason W.

Congrats! When it says the author handles production, etc. who does the covers? Is that you or Chaosium? Is there a standard template to follow when creating these monographs? Just interested to know what it is you actually submit and how far they get involved themselves.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:31 pm 

wow jason!!! nice one dude!!!!

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:23 pm 

megnelwil wrote:
Congrats! When it says the author handles production, etc. who does the covers? Is that you or Chaosium? Is there a standard template to follow when creating these monographs? Just interested to know what it is you actually submit and how far they get involved themselves.

Thank you! They provide the cover art and layout. Until their web site revision I was able to find their submission guidelines but I just had a look and was unable to locate it.

You can email a request for the monograph submission info to them using the email addresses on their contact page.

http://www.chaosium.com/index.php?section_id=11

Secrets of Tibet

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:26 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:wow jason!!! nice one dude!!!!

Thanks Al! Now I'm sorry that I didn't try to solicit some editing for it.
I submitted the thing months ago and since then have been thinking of all the different ways that I could have made it better. I suppose that is natural!

Anyway, you could have knocked me out of my chair with a feather! After supper this evening I was punching around and decided to see what was new with Chaosium and there was my name on a published monograph!!
8O

Secrets of Tibet

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:38 pm 

bring some to GenCon next year and we will all have one autographed :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:23 am 

Congrats, Jason.  :D

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:52 am 

jasonw1239 wrote:I submitted a monograph to Chaosium but have not heard back from them.

Jason W.

Most impressive.  8O

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:04 pm 

So, would the last Michigan fan out of the stadium PLEASE turn out the lights?

Wow.

http://sports.aol.com/ncaafb/story/_a/oregon-inflicts-more-pain-on-michigan/20070907232809990001

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:37 pm 

Badmike wrote:So, would the last Michigan fan out of the stadium PLEASE turn out the lights?

Wow.

http://sports.aol.com/ncaafb/story/_a/oregon-inflicts-more-pain-on-michigan/20070907232809990001

Mike B.

Yeah...it's pretty sad.  Amazing what one embarrasing loss plus a lame duck coach can do to a team's confidence.  I feel sorry for guys like Chad Henne and Mike Hart.  Both of them are good players and now their senior year is pretty much in the crapper.  Next week against Notre Dame will be a laugher.  Two of college football's all time winningest franchises go head to head to see who can win their first game of the season.

I can't even wear my Michigan Wolverines shirt.  I don't want to get heckled by Baylor fans.  :roll:

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:26 pm 

Not to take anything away from Appalachian State, but its win two Saturdays ago was clearly not the "biggest upset in college football history."

I suspected this at the time. My argument went something like this: "But what if Michigan just isn't very good?" It's still a great win for Appy State — any road win over a Big Ten team would be — but Michigan's #5 preseason rating (in hindsight) was ridiculously inflated by its core of returning seniors.

The whole thing reminded me of Northwestern beating Notre Dame in the 1995 opener. The Chicago Tribune's headline: "UPSET OF THE CENTURY!" (all caps). It turned out that was a pretty frickin' good Northwestern team, though.   :)

Anyway, great win for the Ducks, no doubt of that, but it's not like they beat Bud Wilkinson's Oklahoma teams or anything like that. Unless they improve in every aspect of the game, the ol' Wolverines could be staring a 4-8 or 3-9 record right in the face.

(At least they've put the ball in the end zone, though. Notre Dame has zero touchdowns on offense after two games! Coincidentally, the "Charlie Weis is a genius" talk has begun to die down ...)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:54 pm 

ROMO......ROMO.......ROMO....

ROMO!!!!

If you had the Cowboys QB in your fantasy league, or in real life, you are living large right now!!!!!

Cowboys 45, Giants 35

Romo had one single mistep, a bad INT in the 2nd half, but otherwise put up 345 yds and 4 TDs.  The offense looks great...the defense, eh, they better get a LOT better unless they plan on scoring 40+ pts every week.

But being 1-0 on a week when you beat a NFC East rival, AND the Beagles lose, is sweet...!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:10 am 

Romo was very sharp.

I have both him and Bulger in a league, and pondered who to start. In the end I went for Romo as I thought NYG would give up a lot of yards, whereas Carolina would be pretty tough. It was a good call.

But I also have Chicago and Dallas defences in a league, and decided to start Dallas as I though Chicago would leak points againts LT, and Dallas DEF would tighten up under Wade. Not such a good call I guess.

Eli also had a pretty good game... the best I've seen him play, thats for sure.

Regards

Mike

Demand of them whither they should comme to devide the worlde with the Emperour? And as they answered, he tooke up his shirte behinde and shewed them his buttocks, sayenge unto them, drawe your Lyne throughe the middest of *this* place.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:41 am 

Badmike wrote:So, would the last Michigan fan out of the stadium PLEASE turn out the lights?

Wow.

Mike B.

Viewed from the point of view of the Pacific Northwest and the Pac 10....

Michigan's two opening losses do not look all that surprising.  Oregon is in the Pac 10.   The idea that Michigan was going to somehow get well against a Pac 10 opponent was just silly.

Apparently, Michigan fans are also mad that they lost the Rose Bowl?  What's with that?  Aren't Big 10 schools totally accustomed to going to the Rose Bowl and losing?  Michigan, in particular, has been on the receiving end of some memorable Rose Bowl butt kickings...delivered by the cleated toes of Pac 10 champions.

The best thing that ever happened to the Big 10...as far as winning a national championship on New Year's Day goes...was for the BCS series to get them out of having to get beat in the Rose Bowl.

What astounded me...going into the weekend...was all of the TV prognosticators under the delusion that Boise State would beat Washington in Huskie Stadium.  To repeat...Pac 10.  Pac 10.  (Yes...I know they were on a long win streak going into the game...Pac 10!  Yes...I know they beat some Pac 10 teams in that run...but Washington is in the Pac 10, and they were in Huskie Stadium. End of streak.)

I am fully convinced that the Florida powerhouse teams...Florida State, Florida and Miami...would do very well in the Pac 10, but no way would they come out of the Pac 10 season year in/year out,  without a couple of defeats along the way.  Pac 10 teams don't usually get to a bowl game without a couple of losses...because they play against each other.

God!  Michigan fans need to grow up.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:15 am 

FormCritic wrote:

Michigan's two opening losses do not look all that surprising.  Oregon is in the Pac 10.   The idea that Michigan was going to somehow get well against a Pac 10 opponent was just silly.

Apparently, Michigan fans are also mad that they lost the Rose Bowl?  What's with that?  Aren't Big 10 schools totally accustomed to going to the Rose Bowl and losing?  Michigan, in particular, has been on the receiving end of some memorable Rose Bowl butt kickings...delivered by the cleated toes of Pac 10 champions.

The best thing that ever happened to the Big 10...as far as winning a national championship on New Year's Day goes...was for the BCS series to get them out of having to get beat in the Rose Bowl.

What astounded me...going into the weekend...was all of the TV prognosticators under the delusion that Boise State would beat Washington in Huskie Stadium.  To repeat...Pac 10.  Pac 10.  (Yes...I know they were on a long win streak going into the game...Pac 10!  Yes...I know they beat some Pac 10 teams in that run...but Washington is in the Pac 10, and they were in Huskie Stadium. End of streak.)

I am fully convinced that the Florida powerhouse teams...Florida State, Florida and Miami...would do very well in the Pac 10, but no way would they come out of the Pac 10 season year in/year out,  without a couple of defeats along the way.  Pac 10 teams don't usually get to a bowl game without a couple of losses...because they play against each other.

:lol:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:06 am 

sounds like a load of gobbledigook to me.

you could be talking about the very first ever version of pacman for all i know....

sheesh

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:55 am 

On a more serious note:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/f ... ml?cnn=yes

Hopefully it won't be as bad as it seems right now, but it sure dosn't look good right now.  Man I really hate seeing kids get hurt like this.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:56 am 

FormCritic wrote:

Bleh...I was going to attempt to argue against your point with statistics and unbiased evidence...but it would take a very long time to dig up all that, and I just dont have the time to do so.  So I will just say this:  Without USC the Pac 10 would be a second tier conference.  And how can anyone say that the Pac 10 is better than the Big Ten?  The Big Ten has eleven teams!  That automatically makes them the better conference.

God!  Pac 10 fans need to shut up.  PDT_Armataz_01_27

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 57 of 111123 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 109110111