1981 TSR Dragon Dice on eBay
Author

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:16 am 

@Paul: I tried to work out who from the previous auction histories, but no luck on that...

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:19 am 

faro wrote:@Paul: I tried to work out who from the previous auction histories, but no luck on that...

Yeah, that is like beating your head off a wall. Yea, Ebay. :roll:   It would be interesting to see who came in third on that with a pretty hefty bid of $736.  I suspect I know who it might be, but it would just be an educated guess.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:15 am 

bclarkie wrote:
Yeah, that is like beating your head off a wall. Yea, Ebay. :roll:   It would be interesting to see who came in third on that with a pretty hefty bid of $736.  I suspect I know who it might be, but it would just be an educated guess.

The sad thing is there have been some auctions I have walked away from due to this ebay feature (and I use the term loosely).  The popup feature which shows the bidders stats is just a pain in the ass.  

Now as soon as I see a new bidder who is only bidding on that auction and has 1 to 9 feedback I just assume it is a shill and walk away.  

Now if only another player could make a good go at it.  Then what we need is one site you can go to which will serahc all auction sites rather than individual searches.

"... and may I remind you that this ain't the end. I can still kick some ass." - Tom Petty

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:11 am 

Bidder number 5 - the suspense is a killer

David, do you mean to say I've stumped you?  :wink:

I thought the condition was great, but even then may go for between $800-900, and threw the bid on just in case it did go a little higher.

Sorry for the extra there Paul, thought no-one would want to shell out as much for it as me.

Congrats on the item though.

"Don't tempt me, I can resist anything but temptation"

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:45 am 

Well, in case there was any doubt, I can honestly say I was NOT on the bidder list.  No way would I drop any kind of money on that item.  It's just one of those items I don't see any appeal in owning.

Not to say that wasn't a great win, Paul.  Congratulations!   :D

Let mirth prevail!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:55 am 

$61!

I've got both of these, and paid a lot less.  Was I lucky or is $61 their value now?

Gary H. Kramer

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:08 pm 

The latter.   :D

Actually, I probably over-paid, as usual.  They're the first sets I've owned, and they arrived today.  Really nice!

Let mirth prevail!

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:20 pm 

Nope you were good on this one - esp. considering their (apparent v. clean) condition - I have seen quite a few go which are pretty beaten up/stained.  I think perhaps because unlike mods/books sitting nicely on shelves, these were made to be hung up on those shop wire-thingies (speculating here  :D ).

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:24 am 

I've noticed that most of the recent Dragon Dice auctions only ship to the USA/Canada (apart from one international auction the other day that I got outbid on :(...)  Anyone know why this is?  Is it because the dice are small and the seller doesn't want to risk them going missing?  Or is international shipping too much of a hassle?  A shame either way - I'd love to get a set or two (without paying silly money, lol).  I'm sure there have to be some sets floating about the UK somewhere...

Previous