Bad experience with a newbie seller
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:34 pm 

kennys_korner

This is the name of an eBay seller who, in my opinion, was not dishonest, just incompetent.

1) slow to reply;
2) sends separate invoices for each items, in many copies;
3) if you have a complaint or question before paying, probably he won't respond, except by sending copies of the invoices again;
4) does not combine shipping prices.

At least, upon my request to ship the two items separately, he did it (if he doesn't combine shipping prices, he should not combine shipping either). This is why I think he does this only because he is still inexperienced with eBay.

So, be careful if you want to bid on his items.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:07 pm 

I just had a less than pleasant experience with what I can only assume is a new seller.

In the Auction he had a Listed price for shipping. And a time limit for payment within 7 days.

As soon as the auction was over an email came with a shipping cost 35% higher than the auction stated. I sent an E-mail inquiring as to why the difference in Shipping costs. He stated that he could not figure out where I got that other shipping cost amount and said to pay the higher amount. I decided to sit on it for a few days to ponder what This might mean.

Within 5 days (After end of auction) the guy was threatening to sell to the next highest bidder and report me as a non-payer. This was one of 6 e-mails wanting to know why I had no yet paid.

I paid by Paypal less than 6 days after acution ended and I have heard NOTHING since. Its been two weeks.

I think I was ripped off here.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:23 pm 

Aneoth wrote:I just had a less than pleasant experience with what I can only assume is a new seller.

In the Auction he had a Listed price for shipping. And a time limit for payment within 7 days.

As soon as the auction was over an email came with a shipping cost 35% higher than the auction stated. I sent an E-mail inquiring as to why the difference in Shipping costs. He stated that he could not figure out where I got that other shipping cost amount and said to pay the higher amount. I decided to sit on it for a few days to ponder what This might mean.

Within 5 days (After end of auction) the guy was threatening to sell to the next highest bidder and report me as a non-payer. This was one of 6 e-mails wanting to know why I had no yet paid.

I paid by Paypal less than 6 days after acution ended and I have heard NOTHING since. Its been two weeks.

Aneoth, I have a standard rule which I have learned from experience.  If a seller is aggressive (esp. in asking for payment) I do not pay.  I have found most shady dealers tend to be quite pushy in asking for the money ... most people are nice so this tactic works well.

"... and may I remind you that this ain't the end. I can still kick some ass." - Tom Petty

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:28 pm 

Aneoth, for one, if he you don't hear anything within the next day or two, charge it back.  Secondly can you post the auction in question so everyone knows who to avoid. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:41 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Aneoth, for one, if he you don't hear anything within the next day or two, charge it back.  Secondly can you post the auction in question so everyone knows who to avoid. :)

Just to clarify .. Aneoth have you tried contacting the seller in the last two weeks?

"... and may I remind you that this ain't the end. I can still kick some ass." - Tom Petty

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:43 pm 

improvstone wrote:
Just to clarify .. Aneoth have you tried contacting the seller in the last two weeks?

Sorry, I am bit on edge right now and thus my post was terse.  I just got privately blamed by someone here for problems that they created for themselves despite my warnings. Needless to say, I am more than a bit annoyed right now....

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:47 pm 

Item numbers and/or links to the listings in question are always a big help, guys. Along with your descriptions, it gives those of us on the outside a fuller picture of what might be going on.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:18 am 

improvstone wrote:Just to clarify .. Aneoth have you tried contacting the seller in the last two weeks?
Once and again this morning... we shall see. He was far more eager to keep communications active when he had not yet collected the money. Now nothing.

I will post the link if nothing comes of this last attempt at learning his intent. Perhaps he was simply too busy spending my money to let me know the items were mailed.

BTW: The two weeks is from end of auction. It has only been one week since I paid. Sorry for that apparent misrepresentation it was not intended as such.

Still I have heard nothing since I paid in full, and yet he sent me at least one E-Mail EVERY day before payment, now it seems his Internet connection has conveniently gone on the blink.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:19 am 

Aneoth wrote:I just had a less than pleasant experience with what I can only assume is a new seller.

He is obviously "punishing" you for daring to question his inflated shipping. You can always file through paypal, he has to give them proof he sent the item. From experience most people delaying sending something will post it pretty quickly to prevent paypal ruling against them.

Mike b.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:03 pm 

guerret wrote:kennys_korner

This is the name of an eBay seller who, in my opinion, was not dishonest, just incompetent.

1) slow to reply;
2) sends separate invoices for each items, in many copies;
3) if you have a complaint or question before paying, probably he won't respond, except by sending copies of the invoices again;
4) does not combine shipping prices.

At least, upon my request to ship the two items separately, he did it (if he doesn't combine shipping prices, he should not combine shipping either). This is why I think he does this only because he is still inexperienced with eBay.

So, be careful if you want to bid on his items.

Yes, Kennys_Korner, I had the same dealings with him as well.

It was only through my persistance with my emails that he combined shipping. His emails were confusing and sometimes did not make sense.

A Wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.