The Collector's Trove Presents: Robert J. Kuntz Collection
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:51 pm 

The Collector's Trove wrote:This covers Rob's costs for the ToB printer's bill, and gives him an extra K to invest in future products. I chatted with Rob last night after the auction's end - actually he phoned me at midnight and I was crashed out on the couch. :oops: What he has planned for the additional capital is cooler than anything he has put out yet! I am really looking forward to seeing that prospect become reality :!:

This is one of the great side-benefits of such an auction.  Good work, Paul.  It is of course incredibly exciting to have the chance to own some of those great items, but the fact that the cash keeps Rob's projects running is icing on the cake.  

Awesome!

Let mirth prevail!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:52 pm 

And by the way, when is the "Ernie" auction?   8O  :D

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:41 pm 

i am very pleased that it has had the desired effect for Rob. its great to hear that its done what it was meant to do!

some of them items there were so immensely cool.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:57 pm 

bombadil wrote:And by the way, when is the "Ernie" auction?   8O  :D

You mean Ernie Jr. :)

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:54 pm 

Howdy All,

Man my toes are frozen!!! Some fine sledding done today by my daughters.

The EGG Jr. or "Ernie" (his nickname) Gygax auction will be in two weeks - hopefully.

Included will be a bagged version of The Battle of the Five Armies, original character sheets dating back to 1975, some Tom Wham "Urnist" money signed by EGG Sr., two pieces of Holloway original art, signed by the TSR  and Mail Order Dungeon Hobby Shop crew, a Dungeons & Dragons Entertainment Corporate business card, a few pieces of inspirational magazine cutouts that hung behind EGG's desk while he wrote D&D, and the Dungeon Hobby Shop Dungeon! This last one being a HUGE, classic, old-school dungeon started by Terry (Theron) O. Kuntz and finished out by Ernie Gygax. The crew at the Dungeon Hobby shop ran this dungeon at the shop from the mid-to-late 1970's for customers and employees. As you might recall from the Tim Jiardini auctions, Arrarat of Rogues Gallery fame was one of the more experienced delvers of this mega-dungeon.

I will keep the crew here posted!

Futures Bright,

Paul

The Collector's Trove The online auction house that features the collections of game designers and artists.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:12 pm 

The Collector's Trove wrote:This last one being a HUGE, classic, old-school dungeon started by Terry (Theron) O. Kuntz and finished out by Ernie Gygax.

OMG!  

Thanks for the preview, Paul!   :D

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:56 pm 

Sounds great, Paul :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:48 pm 

Well, boys, the Hold of Nar arrived today, shimmering and glowing.  

My god, what a feeling to hold those pages in your hands...I can tell you, sparks flew when I laid the notes on top of my MFA manuscript.  I'm not sure if they were happy to see each other or not!

Now, for a nice long look through the Maure Castle proofs.   :D

Ahhh, what a day.

Let mirth prevail!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:53 pm 

Howdy Stephen,

Glad you are enjoying them! The Hold of Nar and the WG5 ms. are a perfect "Themed Collectable" something I am getting more and more into.

I was mighty sad to see the WG8 mss. go out the door. I read through them and noticed several differences between the mss. and the published products.

On other auction related news: Kevin Hendryx has mailed the last 5 boxes of his collection. (That makes 17 boxes in all!) Looking forward to this part as it contains all of his mss., TSR  ephemera, and a complete run of Random Events, TSR's newsletter that took over for The Strategic Preview from 1978-1985 or so. 8) Tenative auction date: late-April/early-May.

Futures Bright,

Paul

The Collector's Trove The online auction house that features the collections of game designers and artists.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:38 am 

Very much looking forward to the Hendryx auction, Paul, as you well know.   :wink:

That should be a real thrill.

Let mirth prevail!

Previous