The Collector's Trove Presents: Robert J. Kuntz Collection
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:14 pm 

The Collector's Trove Presents: the Robert J. Kuntz Collection

Howdy Folks,

A short note about the auction that will begin tonight: As most Acaeum members know, Al Silcock and his partner, Spencer, set up a web set dedicated to the sale of some fantastic collectables from Rob's collection. Both Al and Spencer put a lot of work into what both they and Rob hoped to be a great outlet for Rob's collection. Things got off to a bang with several items selling fast. However, despite their good work, a bit of a downturn in the collecting market over the Holidays slowed sales.

Unfortunately, due to some unexpected delays with Tower of Blood, Rob's product releases ended up stuck in a queue. The result was that Rob needed funds to pay for work done on present and future products as well as paying the printer for CAS2 Tower of Blood. So Rob decided, not without a great deal of thought, that it would be best to auction the items due to the immediate need to raise funds. So it was decided to move the items from the ASGI website to an eBay auction.

Rob wants to make public mention of Al's tremendous work so that it is recognized here by his fellow collectors. As most of you know Al is a great fellow to deal with, I would like to thank Al for helping coordinate the shift from ASGI to this auction. Several of the write-ups include text from the ASGI website which Al generously allowed me to use.

I think the excitement of The Bottle City, The Living Room, CAS1 Cairn of the Skeleton King, and the imminent shipment of CAS2 The Tower of Blood will inject excitement into the auction and bring some new collectors into the fold. There are many great items up for auction! Here's wishing you good hunting!

Futures Bright,

Paul

The Collector's Trove The online auction house that features the collections of game designers and artists.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:45 pm 

Awesome list of stuff, Paul!

:D

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:55 pm 

I know this is probably a stupid question, but I figure that I will ask it anyway.  If Rob is hurting for cash, then why would he be paying to have all that stuff shipped back across the Atlantic to have it auctioned off?  I mean I can't imagine that it would have cheap to do so, why didn't Alan and Spencer do it themselves?  :?  Or were they asked to do it and declined?  Just curious.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Last edited by bclarkie on Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:12 pm 

Thanks for asking that Brian. I was curious myself.

"Its either a wand to cast Bigby's Hand spells or a +3 backscratcher. We're not sure which."

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:31 pm 

bclarkie wrote:why would he be paying to have all that stuff shipped back across the Atlantic to have it auctioned off?

I don't understand the question. Rob's in Wisconsin. Paul's in Nebraska.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:36 pm 

ExTSR wrote:

It's that newfangled Psionic Devotion - Spacial Distortion  :lol:

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:38 pm 

ExTSR wrote:

Well, up until  the a month or two ago all of Rob's stuff was in the UK being sold off on Killjoy's ASGI website.  In order for Paul to auction the stuff off, the stuff would have to have been shipped back all the way across the Atlantic to the states, unless of course Paul is auctioning the stuff off without actually having it on hand to list & ship, thus my question.  :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:06 pm 

Don't quote me on this, but Rob may have the stuff and shipping it to where its sold to. So, he may have just sent the items to Paul for posting on eBay? Or using the pictures listed on Al's website.

Eulaliaaa!!!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:42 pm 

Deogolf wrote:Don't quote me on this, but Rob may have the stuff and shipping it to where its sold to. So, he may have just sent the items to Paul for posting on eBay? Or using the pictures listed on Al's website.

I seem to remember Rob listing the items with Al but keeping them.   I will have to check with him.

*Al where are you you could clear this up quickly?*

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:04 pm 

Howdy All,

Yes, Al had most of the items but time constraints and logistics made it impossible for him to undertake the task of an auction. Making the shift was a burden enough on him.

We tried to work it out so that I would set up the listings and Al would do the shipping, Letters of Authentication, retake the item photos (the item pictures were smallish being useful for the website but less so for an auction on eBay). Some of the items were not even listed on the site and/or in Rob's possession. Those had to be photographed and described too.

In the end running an auction from here with the items over there just seemed like a disaster waiting to happen.

I footed the bill to get the items here and while it was a chunk of change it will be easily offset by the auction proceeds. Al did all he could to help the situation, a credit to him.  (Thanks Al.)

Here's hoping for a good turn for everyone.

(I will take a bit of a break during listings so I can get a peak at the Superbowl!)

Futures Bright,

Paul

The Collector's Trove The online auction house that features the collections of game designers and artists.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:31 pm 

Howdy Folks,

My connection and access to eBay is really sluggish tonight. There must be an issue with my server here. I'm going to have to resume listing items tommorrow night. Sorry for the wait.

I'll get things going again at 8:30 PM CST. Hopefully, I can finish listing. Waiting 7-10 minutes for each auction page was ridiculous.

Futures Bright,

Paul

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:28 am 

as mentioned in a previous post somewhere, i am not really venturing out of the JG subweb unless i really have to.

at the end of the day, the auctions are for Rob and to keep his company going strong and things good for him. what i think / feel or whatever about the whole thing is unimportant at this moment in time.

i have no wish to right now to get into any sort of argument over anything above for whatever reason. there has been far too much of it on this forum and i would like to see it kept to that which the forum was meant for in the first place.

i will say this though and hope that it will suffice in some way:

when ANYONE quotes anything to do with me, they tell the truth. i am a very honest person and i have nothing to hide with regards to anything. i try and help all i can with regard to anything, very often to my own expense. thats what a damn good friend does. ppl who know me well enough, know my operation and what i do / dont do, with regards to buying / selling or whatever.

i have nothing to prove to anyone, so whatever is written, you can judge its worth accordingly, without me confirming its validity or not.

all i did was try and help rob and i did as was instructed, whether i thought it was right or not.

i am not getting into a debate about it.

the auctions are for Rob for his company - there are some fabulous items there and interested parties should bid well for them!

Paul: i still await reply to my last e-mail - thanks.

all other things will be dealt with privately as there is no need to make issue about anything in the open.

hope this helps things?

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:41 pm 

Howdy All,

Listings are continuing to go up again tonight! Let me know if you have any questions!

Futres Bright,

Paul

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:09 am 

nice win stephen on the hold of nar. i had won the tower of the seer back in 2005 and was hoping to snag this one. i bet it`s very cool.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:18 am 

I got both Fate of Istus Manuscripts :D  I really am happy about the price as well

** expired/removed eBay auction **

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:39 am 

Yes another great auction, thanks Paul.

I got the correspondence on Maure Castle 112, the Maze of Zayene 1,
and the signed Fritz Leiber books...  outbid on the authors proof for 112
though.. well done bombadil..

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:42 am 

imo the hold of nar and the greyhawk cards were VERY cool items, stephen & bill...you will BOTH be very happy with them! wow very lucky!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:10 am 

Thanks for the nice thoughts, guys.  I am absolutely stunned I won all 3 on my wish list, and at those prices!   :D

Let mirth prevail!

Next