No 52%       52%  [ 33 ]
Maybe 23%       23%  [ 15 ]
What's GenCon anyway 0%       0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 64

Author

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:56 pm 

GOOD LORD!!!

That was 30 minutes of the most nerve-wracking crap I have ever had to deal with.  OK, maybe it wasnt that bad....but still....I cannot believe just how quickly rooms are eaten up for all of the hotels.  I would love to see the total number of hits the Gen Con and hotel reservation websites had in the last hour.  It took almost half an hour for me to complete my reservation.  8O

Anyway, I got my room with double beds so now I wont have to worry about Badmike cuddling up to me in the middle of the night.  :D

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:08 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:GOOD LORD!!!

That was 30 minutes of the most nerve-wracking crap I have ever had to deal with.  OK, maybe it wasnt that bad....but still....I cannot believe just how quickly rooms are eaten up for all of the hotels.  I would love to see the total number of hits the Gen Con and hotel reservation websites had in the last hour.  It took almost half an hour for me to complete my reservation.  8O

Anyway, I got my room with double beds so now I wont have to worry about Badmike cuddling up to me in the middle of the night.  :D

Or maybe you STILL have to worry about that....... 8O  8O  8O  8O

I tried to make a reservation and it was ridiculous, although I still did get in but it took about an hour.  All that was left were King rooms at the Westin and connecting hotels.  I got an email this morning saying due to a snafu they had rented rooms last night be mistake, well they cancelled all those reservation this morning, I wonder how many people went to bed thinking they had a room and woke up today and didn't check their emails to find their reservations had been cancelled.....

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:50 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:GOOD LORD!!!

I got in at the Marriot, both me and my wife were on separate computers seeking the elusive reservation.  It took me about 20minutes but I am in  :D  :D

Which hotel did you get John?  Mike?

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:51 pm 

Badmike wrote:
Or maybe you STILL have to worry about that....... 8O  8O  8O  8O

I tried to make a reservation and it was ridiculous, although I still did get in but it took about an hour.  All that was left were King rooms at the Westin and connecting hotels.  I got an email this morning saying due to a snafu they had rented rooms last night be mistake, well they cancelled all those reservation this morning, I wonder how many people went to bed thinking they had a room and woke up today and didn't check their emails to find their reservations had been cancelled.....

Mike B.

OK Guys ... recommendations for those of us who have never ever been to Indy?

"... and may I remind you that this ain't the end. I can still kick some ass." - Tom Petty

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:52 pm 

Badmike wrote:
.......  I got an email this morning saying due to a snafu they had rented rooms last night be mistake, well they cancelled all those reservation this morning, I wonder how many people went to bed thinking they had a room and woke up today and didn't check their emails to find their reservations had been cancelled.....

Mike B.

That would indeed be depressing, thing is that everybody was sent an E-mail which clearly stated the hotel reservation time so they knew that they were being sneaky!!

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:58 pm 

improvstone wrote:
OK Guys ... recommendations for those of us who have never ever been to Indy?

If you havenot got a hotel yet you may be out of luck for the close ones.  Try the Cantabury or Hyatt.  Otherwise it is the distant hotels and driving everyday.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:04 pm 

well hopefully i will still be able to go - good friend of mine is putting me up thankfully, so no probs with a hotel (thanks mart!!)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:05 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:well hopefully i will still be able to go - good friend of mine is putting me up thankfully, so no probs with a hotel (thanks mart!!)

Al

That is cool you will be there  :D

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:07 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:
I got in at the Marriot, both me and my wife were on separate computers seeking the elusive reservation.  It took me about 20minutes but I am in  :D  :D

Which hotel did you get John?  Mike?

We are in the Courtyard Marriott across the street (West I think) from the convention center.  It was a good rate and they had double beds available.  When I checked the Downtown Marriott and Westin they were already out of doubles.  Since I didnt want to spend my time looking for a double room at the other hotels I just went for what was the next closest.  I dont want to be lugging what I am hoping will be a good lot of swag and purchases a mile down the street at 2 in the morning.  :wink:

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:12 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:well hopefully i will still be able to go - good friend of mine is putting me up thankfully, so no probs with a hotel (thanks mart!!)

Al

OK guys how long are you staying... I was thinking of arriving on the 15th nd leaving on the 20th?

"... and may I remind you that this ain't the end. I can still kick some ass." - Tom Petty

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:15 pm 

improvstone wrote:
OK guys how long are you staying... I was thinking of arriving on the 15th nd leaving on the 20th?

Those are my exact dates as well.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:16 pm 

improvstone wrote:

Well, that is going to be one hell of a plane ride. What is that like 16 hours or so?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:18 pm 

Kingofpain89 wrote:
We are in the Courtyard Marriott across the street (West I think) from the convention center.  It was a good rate and they had double beds available.  When I checked the Downtown Marriott and Westin they were already out of doubles.  Since I didnt want to spend my time looking for a double room at the other hotels I just went for what was the next closest.  I dont want to be lugging what I am hoping will be a good lot of swag and purchases a mile down the street at 2 in the morning.  :wink:

That is the same one I am in.

Last edited by Blackmoor on Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:21 pm 

improvstone wrote:

i am not sure yet - gonna have a word with mart and plan things a little more if things are a go...

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:45 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:
If you havenot got a hotel yet you may be out of luck for the close ones.  Try the Cantabury or Hyatt.  Otherwise it is the distant hotels and driving everyday.

Blackmoor's right....all that is left at the closest hotels are king beds, no double beds available.  And that was this afternoon, by now there might be nothing left. But I would think the nearer we get to August there will be some cancellations....maybe you could get on some kind of list?  

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:46 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:
That is the same one I am in.

I'll bring the Shiner Bock......Greeting from Texas!  :D

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:12 pm 

Badmike wrote:
I'll bring the Shiner Bock......Greeting from Texas!  :D

Mike B.

Bah...Canadians have much better beer to drink.  Besides, I'd probably get pulled over for speeding in Arkansas and we'd get thrown in the pokey for "bootlegging".  Best leave the Shiner at home Mike.  :wink:

Now if you have a case of Aventinus Doppelbock or Sam Adams Black Lager that you want to bring, I might be able to risk it.  :D

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:59 pm 

I am going to try again this year. We are going on a family trip to Italy and the dates have been firmed up for last week in July to first week in August, so that little problem is resolved.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

PreviousNext