Getting back to normal :)
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:47 pm 

Boy is it nice that things seem to be getting back to normal around here over the last day or so.  :D  

In lieu of the fact that we have been missing some of our best members and also the fact that it seems that the cast of unsavory characters around here recently has been seeming to drag the moral down here, the last day or two has really been nice to see things getting back to the way the should be. I just to say that its great to see David, Alan, Mike & Frank(I hope I am not missing anywone) return to the fold, you guys really help make this place the way it is supposed to be.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:02 pm 

Agreed!

Although some of those elements your are referring to are still with us and I suspect our rocky road is not over quite yet .....  :roll:

Brian, one thing to remember you are still surrounded by plenty of like minded souls ..

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:07 pm 

improvstone wrote:Agreed!

Although some of those elements your are referring to are still with us and I suspect our rocky road is not over quite yet .....  :roll:

Brian, one thing to remember you are still surrounded by plenty of like minded souls ..

True enough, but lets hope the return of some good folks that have been missing recently helps either weed them out or at least help sound out those that remain. :wink:  Strengthening the army can do nothing but help......

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:21 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Strengthening the army can do nothing but help......

An army marches on its stomach which in our case is good D&D info ... I should hopefully have some good tidbits about back in in the day at TSR for you shortly  8)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:37 pm 

improvstone wrote:
An army marches on its stomach which in our case is good D&D info ... I should hopefully have some good tidbits about back in in the day at TSR for you shortly  8)

Hmm, sounds good. :wink:

I should proabaly also add that this thread was not by any way shape or form a slap at any of the good folks who have hung around here recently, not at all and I really hope that everyone recognizes that.  Its just with the missing good people and the several bad people who have been around lately is that has seemed to take some of the positive steam out of the forum lately. :)   Things just are starting to feel like they are getting back to normal now that we have rid some of the bad influeneces and increased the good ones. :wink:

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:40 pm 

bclarkie wrote:I should proabaly also add that this thread was not by any way shape or form a slap at any of the good folks who have hung around here recently, not at all and I really hope that everyone recognizes that.  

Brian, don't sweat it!  :wink:

One of the things I really appreciate about you is your amazing memory for detail ... maybe I should get you to catalogue my stuff ....

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:44 pm 

I've actually been able to stay sober for a few days at least.

Is that a good thing  :?:

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:46 pm 

Kosh Vorlontay wrote:I've actually been able to stay sober for a few days at least.

Is that a good thing  :?:

Nope ... I will get you a beer.  :lol:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:47 pm 

improvstone wrote:
Nope ... I will get you a beer.  :lol:

Sweet! Can I get a Crown Royal chaser with that?  :lol:

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

** Banned **

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:50 pm 

Not so normal for me...I am locked out of my account.

I typed my password in incorrectly three times. It is long and tortuous, and I probably do this once every few weeks. Usually, no problem - there was a visual verification where you had to type in some letters/numbers, and then you could enter your password again. Now it is showing a single picture of a vehicle. I can't for the life of me figure out what to type in...I've tried "car", "vehicle", "SUV", "mustang", "ford mustang", etc...does it require the exact model & year?

I've sent Foulfoot a message from this new account I just created...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:00 am 

Didn't you get banned for wargaming, Zhowar?  I heard that storm giants were looking for you.   8O

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:01 am 

zhowar2 wrote:Not so normal for me...I am locked out of my account.

I typed my password in incorrectly three times. It is long and tortuous, and I probably do this once every few weeks. Usually, no problem - there was a visual verification where you had to type in some letters/numbers, and then you could enter your password again. Now it is showing a single picture of a vehicle. I can't for the life of me figure out what to type in...I've tried "car", "vehicle", "SUV", "mustang", "ford mustang", etc...does it require the exact model & year?

Shame!! - & BTW you're current positions are now 24 and 700 :lol:

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:02 am 

zhowar2 wrote:Not so normal for me...I am locked out of my account.

Ahh, this explains it then.  I was begining to wonder if the trolls were starting to try and take over real people's posting persona's.  Kind of like a real life version of Invasion of the Body Snatchers.  8O

Last edited by bclarkie on Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:02 am 

Maybe you are suppose to send Foul a set of keys :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:04 am 

FormCritic wrote:Didn't you get banned for wargaming, Zhowar?  I heard that storm giants were looking for you.   8O

Mark, I think I like your old handle better.  I think that everytime I see a post by you now, I read it as "Forum Critic" and I keep expecting to read someone being criticized for a post that they wrote. :wink:

Last edited by bclarkie on Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:07 am 

gyg wrote:
Shame!! - & BTW you're current positions are now 24 and 700 :lol:

I'm only 20 behind in position 26 and closing.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:18 am 

Took me a minute to figure out what you guys were talking about ;)

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:03 am 

grodog wrote:Took me a minute to figure out what you guys were talking about ;)

:lol:   :lol:  :lol:

You should know us well enough by now ... As if we would be talking about something D&D related.

Trivia question: Which module features Gadoff Greenleaf the fighter/thief?

Next