Value of Wrath of the Immortals (complete)
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:04 pm 

Hi guys, sorry if this message is in the wrong forum. Please let me know.

I'm looking at a Wrath of the Immortals (complete) in that it it has both the books and both the maps but no box. It is advertised at $50

The condition is described as fine-veryfine. On this board that place it about $45-$54 I think. But the valuation happened in Feb of 2000.

Any updates or opinions about a set in this condition? It seems relatively hard to find. Thanks!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:13 pm 

I'm looking at a Wrath of the Immortals (complete) in that it it has both the books and both the maps but no box. It is advertised at $50

The only question you need to ask is "what is it's worth to you".

Frankly, I wouldn't pay more than $5 for it.. but I'm sure there are others who would gladly pay $60 or $70 for it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:28 pm 

Brickman wrote:Hi guys, sorry if this message is in the wrong forum. Please let me know.

The condition is described as fine-veryfine. On this board that place it about $45-$54 I think. But the valuation happened in Feb of 2000.

Any updates or opinions about a set in this condition? It seems relatively hard to find. Thanks!

If you are buying to use, then it would be worthwhile (due to there not being a box). If you want it for a collection, then it is in the poor catagory and only useful for the completion of an incomplete set.

Basically it all depends on what you require it for, use or collection.

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:30 pm 

Brickman wrote:Hi guys, sorry if this message is in the wrong forum. Please let me know.

The valuation from the site is not from 2000, that is the last time that any printing inforormation was changed.  The last valuations were last updated I believe somewhere in mid to late this past summer.  As far as the set you describe goes, based on what you are saying is that its imcomplete so I don't think fine-very fine is even a fair assesment.  For a complete set in F to VF condition I would say anywhere between $35 and $45 would be a good price.  Without the box I would not pay anymore than $10 for it and even that is a stretch.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Last edited by bclarkie on Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:35 pm 

Sea-to-sky-games wrote:
The only question you need to ask is "what is it's worth to you".

Yeah, that was a helpful answer. :roll:   The reason he is asking is because he doesn't know what they typically go for.  Most people, despite your own insistance to the contrary(and you seem to be the only one here that believes this theory), do not want to pay more for something than they have to or at the very least they do not want to pay more then what most other people pay for an item.  Please do not chase people away from the site with your unhelpful non-answers that try to back up your clueless theories on value, that is not what this site is about....at all.   If you feel the need to to continue to do so, please go start your own D&D collecting site and you can chase anyone and everyone away with your non-answers all you want.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:48 pm 

Yeah, that was a helpful answer.    The reason he is asking is because he doesn't know what they typically go for.  

I am not sure that was his question. If his question indeed was, "what it typically goes for among Acaeum members and rpg fans", then your answer would better hit the mark.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:52 pm 

Sea-to-sky-games wrote:
I am not sure that was his question. If his question indeed was, "what it typically goes for among Acaeum members and rpg fans", then your answer would better hit the mark.

I guess how I fail to see how this question:

Brickman wrote:Any updates or opinions about a set in this condition? It seems relatively hard to find. Thanks!

was misinterpreted to be anything other than asking for the people here opinions on what they think the value is.  Yet somehow the first answer they recieved was this:

Sea-to-sky-games wrote:The only question you need to ask is "what is it's worth to you".

Last edited by bclarkie on Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:52 pm 

Please do not chase people away from the site with your unhelpful non-answers that try to back up your clueless theories on value, that is not what this site is about....at all.

Wow. He asked for opinions of value. I gave him mine, my speculation of what others would pay (for a complete set), and suggested what it may be worth to him.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:53 pm 

Sea-to-sky-games wrote:

AAARRGGHH!!!
Where is that damn troll poster....
......where are my lyrics......
......and where the hell is my beer!

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:08 pm 

Sea-to-sky-games wrote:
Wow. He asked for opinions of value. I gave him mine, my speculation of what others would pay (for a complete set), and suggested what it may be worth to him.

People don;t come here looking for individuals perspective on value, they want the going rate for such a product, i.e as clearly stated in his question he wants the valuation of it.  Since its pretty apparent that you do not knwo what the definition of valuation is, here is a link to it:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/valuation

If he/she wanted to know what everyone's personal opinion of the item was he would have clearly said something along the lines of "what is this product like, is it any good or is it crap?"  It seems reading comprehension gets thrown in the trash can when one is insistantly trying to prove one's point.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:16 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
People don;t come here looking for individuals perspective on value

My English is not very good, admittedly, but:

Any updates or opinions about a set in this condition? It seems relatively hard to find.

is a solicitation for an opinion on value.

It seems reading comprehension gets thrown in the trash can when one is insistantly trying to prove one's point.

The irony.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:20 pm 

Sea-to-sky-games wrote:
Any updates or opinions about a set in this condition? It seems relatively hard to find.

is a solicitation for an opinion on value.  

That  right there says it all.  I actually get it now.  You seem to be under the impression that when people visit the site they are looking for exactly what STS' value of a product is.  They don't really care what people think that the normal going rates for an item is, they want to know what STS' personal opinion of the value should be, based on his own personal opinion of the product.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:09 pm 

Hello All,

Check out what this X7 (War Rafts of Kron) went for:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... ename=STRK%3 AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=110082058892&rd=1&rd=1

I won a few items of the seller's at the start of his auction for reasonable prices, but now I have been seeing low FB bidders come in and run up the prices of several items that I had hoped to win. I honestly thought this item would go for $17 to $18 and I was willing to pay that, but NOT $26.75, which is not double or anything extreme.

What is a "reasonable" price for an X7 in this condition? The only sources I use to help me determine a reasonable price are Noble Knight Games and Troll & Toad, which I know a lot of you have problems with, but at least they have listings & descriptions for most, if not all, D&D items and I just use their prices as gauge and then adjust for availability & what I have seen items sell for in the past. I have been watching and trying to capture several items for a while now. Still can't seem to get a GAZ-9 in VF+ condition with both booklets & map.  Crying or Very sad

Since these two posts seem related, let me clarify an issue that has caused a lot of misunderstanding.  The "last updated" section refers to when the item description was last updated and has nothing to do with the price.  This is something Foul has referred to before and it is known to be a source of confusion.  Both War Rafts of Kron and Wrath of the Immortals were last updated in August of 2006 and the prices on the Acaeum are "current" as of that date.

In fact, *almost* all the "common" items were updated in August 2006.

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:10 pm 

Thanks Kosh and bclarkie. You guys answered my questions and informed me on how to value this product better. Thanks also bclarkie for explaining the dates on the valuation pages of the site. That's exactly what I was looking for.

I'd already made up my mind I wanted a copy of Wrath... I'm now just trying to figure out what I ought to expect to pay for it given it's condition. I think I'm going to wait until I can locate a copy in better condition with box and all.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:33 pm 

Brickman wrote:Thanks Kosh and bclarkie. You guys answered my questions and informed me on how to value this product better. Thanks also bclarkie for explaining the dates on the valuation pages of the site. That's exactly what I was looking for.

I'd already made up my mind I wanted a copy of Wrath... I'm now just trying to figure out what I ought to expect to pay for it given it's condition. I think I'm going to wait until I can locate a copy in better condition with box and all.

That's what we (bclarkie, BtB and I) are here for.
Good luck in your collecting and always remember...have fun and look out for trolls  :lol:

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:56 pm 

Brickman wrote:Thanks Kosh and bclarkie. You guys answered my questions and informed me on how to value this product better. Thanks also bclarkie for explaining the dates on the valuation pages of the site. That's exactly what I was looking for.

STS I hope some of this is sinking in ... I trust you are not going to argue with the original poster as well.  :wink: