Post ridiculous ebay listings here.
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 10:42 am 

I have seen about a dozen listings by a seller that has the username hitahomer that were so high I couldn't believe it.    For example a first edition Dities for $200US.

This is the current list of gouges.

hitahomer | eBay

He really does want to hit a homer with every swing I guess.  Does he ever actually get these prices?  

Currently there is a listing that says in the first line of the description  "YOU WOULD BE A FOOL TO PASS THIS UP!!! "

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... gory=44112

I hope the listing fee was as high as his lofty expectations.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 9:08 pm 

Gee, strangely enough, no one is bidding on them...........

You see stuff like this all the time.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 10:45 am 

myalbinogorilla wrote:I have seen about a dozen listings by a seller that has the username hitahomer that were so high I couldn't believe it.    For example a first edition Dities for $200US.

This is the current list of gouges.

hitahomer | eBay

He really does want to hit a homer with every swing I guess.  Does he ever actually get these prices?  

Currently there is a listing that says in the first line of the description  "YOU WOULD BE A FOOL TO PASS THIS UP!!! "

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... gory=44112

I hope the listing fee was as high as his lofty expectations.

My favorite listing ever was about a year after Ebay was up and running (1997 or so)...some nut was selling his "one of a kind" high level D&D characters.  Ok, now picture this....the guy is selling CHARACTERS, like you and I would roll up.  However, these are all 100th level, and the guy wants big money for them, something like starting bids of $50 or so.  He was also including all the "documentation" to prove he had actually worked these characters from 1st level to their current 100th level (a signed sheet from his DM? Live Videotape of him going through the H-series?) Surprisingly he never got any bids.  I saved the postings, but I can't seem to locate them, they were pretty hilarious, I'll post them if I can find them.  The other most ridiculous post I remember was a guy who took the time to photocopy all the D&D and AD&D modules (this was before scanning, pdf files, etc were common) and was selling them for an opening bid of $1000.  Nothing rare, just the normal stuff, maybe a few hundred adventures...all photocopies. The post was yanked fairly quickly....

Mike B.