eBay user no longer registered
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:57 pm 

This is a first. Bought something online and then the seller becomes unregistered a few days later. I haven't actually paid for the item. At the risk of asking a really stupid question, what I am supposed to do? The guy's feedback is still 100%.

** expired eBay auction **

Last edited by Sea-to-sky-games on Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:18 pm 

I had this happen earlier in the year, but I got lucky since I hadn't been paying sufficient attention to the seller feedback, and my guy was a loser.  Nothing came of it for me:  I marked the product as paid and forgot about it.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:37 pm 

grodog wrote:I had this happen earlier in the year, but I got lucky since I hadn't been paying sufficient attention to the seller feedback, and my guy was a loser.  Nothing came of it for me:  I marked the product as paid and forgot about it.

Had this happen last month.  Won three items from a seller.  I had paid for only one since they didn't combine shipping.  They were then deregistered and didn't respond to any of my emails.  I then filed a complaint with Paypal at which time they started responding and sent the item I had paid for.  Given their ebay status and the fact that they didn't respond until threatened I didn't pay for the other two items.  

I would not continue the transaction in your case.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:57 am 

improvstone wrote:I would not continue the transaction in your case.

No, by all means, do not follow through with this. The seller, for whatever reason, is no longer a part of the eBay "machine" and would be under no obligation whatsoever to actually send you your goods (this information is buried somewhere in eBay's help pages, but I'm not feeling the urge to find the actual entry right now).

The only exception I can think of would be if the seller was known to you, either through having an unimpeachable reputation or through past dealings. If not, move on.