Hi everybody. LOng time no post, but there's a good reason.
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:56 pm 

Hey everybody, can you clue me in on what's going on. Sorry, I haven't been in here for a few months, I've been quite busy. 8) By the way, I've been thinking aqbout role-playing lately that's why I'm here.  :arrow: To the administrator, my IP address is only different because I'm not on my computer at home. Anyhow, last time I posted here, I bought D20 modern system, but I know this is a classic forum, so I'll talk about what I've been doing in that. I adapted Classic AD&D and classic Gamma World into a spacew opera format (when I have time) though I haven't had a chance to formalize about it by posting here, and I've been doing other things related to my work and other stuff. So, clue me in! Thanks. Brute, you still writing?

Clayton

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:40 pm 

Captain J.A. Clayton wrote:<clip>... but I know this is a classic forum</clip>

This is not a classic forum, it is a Collectors Forum. With all due respect, if your intentions are good you will still be welcome here, but this is not a forum for creating.  If you are seriously looking for a creative outlet, then you might be better served using a site like ENWorld or DragonsFoot that is more attuned to what you are looking to do. ENWorld is essentially a 3.X site and DF is a site dedicated to Pre 3.X.  Another site that you might be interested in is actually Wizard of the Coast's own forums which also supports D&D 3.X.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:21 pm 

Nay Captain, but I've enjoyed looking at some of the old artwork and reminiscing a bit. At this time, I'm looking forward to receiving one of the new modules written for AD&D from Pied Piper Publishing. If you haven't checked it out, you may enjoy the read. Best of luck to ye.

Brute  8)

http://www.acaeum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5034&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:43 pm 

To B, oh no this is the perfect site for me, for my needs rigjht now. I havre all the origianl AD&D modules and many original D&D modules, and very few 3.x things comparitively... As for doing some roleplaying with the original modules, yeah, a litlle bit... That's why I'm here, essentially to catch up a little with the Acaeum crowd. 8)
Now as for you good Brute, well the Captain as you can imagine is going to check out that website. (In fact let me copy the link noe.) Okay, Brute,  (:idea: copied :idea:)
More to BClarke: Sure I do Dragonsfoot and all that 3.x stuff, but if I want good ol' homecookin', where can I come? (rhetorically...) to the Acaeum.
Back to Brute: Haven't talked to Mr. Oberst lately (my writing partner), but hey, my individual imagination is fertile in work and in play.
So, that's the update. Later guys. 8)

Clayton

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:46 pm 

Huh???  :?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:56 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Huh???  :?

Brian, I have to second that and ask Kosh for another beer  :lol:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:56 pm 

Between here and DF today, I am starting to get the impression that today is somehow Mentally Challenged day today.  Did someone leave all the special people by themselves today or something.  Is there some sort of Med shortage perhaps? This is just getting to be way to wierd.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:26 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Huh???  :?

Seriously, Captain, it's like Charlie Brown's teacher when you type that sh*t — I can't understand a word of it.

I honestly don't think you realize what the focus of this site is. Which is fine, I guess; no harm done in the long run. But you can expect a lot of "huh?" reactions if you continue to willfully try to make The Acaeum into something it is not.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:30 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:Seriously, Captain, it's like Charlie Brown's teacher when you type that sh*t — I can't understand a word of it.

I honestly don't think you realize what the focus of this site is. Which is fine, I guess; no harm done in the long run. But you can expect a lot of "huh?" reactions if you continue to willfully try to make The Acaeum into something it is not.

C'mon guys, lighten up a tad.  Or better yet, just skim. :)

That being said, the Cap'n reminds me of someone.  I just can't think of whom, but it's bugging me to the max.  Well, gotta go.

YIM  

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:54 pm 

Could be worse. 8)

Clayton

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:01 pm 

Like I said, could be worse. 8) Take a stress pill daves. I know this is the Acaeum and not 3.x edition spec ed. Gahhh... I'll stop right there before I make more of a mess than I've made to clean up. Steven Sondheim, send in teh clowns. :roll:  8) BUt I'm cool though. 8)

Heyyyyy, could be worse...

Clayton

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:07 pm 

Captain J.A. Clayton wrote:Like I said, could be worse. 8) Take a stress pill daves. I know this is the Acaeum and not 3.x edition spec ed. Gahhh... I'll stop right there before I make more of a mess than I've made to clean up. Steven Sondheim, send in teh clowns. :roll:  8) BUt I'm cool though. 8)

First off, Who is "daves"?

Secondly, again you are missing the point. :?   The thing that you are missing is that regardless of edition, this is a Collector's Site not a Creators site.  :?   If you want to discuss COLLECTING, this is the site for that.  If you are looking to CREATE, then you may want to look elsewhere to fill your needs properly.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:42 pm 

Captain J.A. Clayton wrote:Like I said, could be worse. 8) Take a stress pill daves. I know this is the Acaeum and not 3.x edition spec ed. Gahhh... I'll stop right there before I make more of a mess than I've made to clean up. Steven Sondheim, send in teh clowns. :roll:  8) BUt I'm cool though. 8)

Worse than what?
It's "chill pill", not stress pill.  Last time I heard that term was 1988.
What the heck is "3.x edition spec. ed"?  D&D for kids that ride the short bus or George Lucas' definitive version of D&D?
Steven Sondheim?  Huh?  You must mean Stephen Sondheim the composer.  Exactly how does he fit into this weird little conversation?  :?

If there's a mental health organization that raises money for people like you, be sure to let me know.  Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

Dave's not here man.  :P

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:30 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Dave's not here man.  :P

The Captain's not all here either  8O

Lord Foul, we have another one to remove.  Please use your anti moron wand ....

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:35 am 

Has anyone looked at the Captain's site ...

http://anandajione.blogtoolkit.com/

To quote his site....

Well, I'm an internet space cowboy that sells hypnosis e-books and practices "the strangeness" he preaches. Other than that, I am an amateur mentalist and lay hypnotist and lay researcher along the lines of your Jose Silva/Malcolm X/Napoleon Hill variety.

Seems he may have used the self hypnosis once too often  8O

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:44 am 

Captain J.A. Clayton wrote:To B, oh no this is the perfect site for me, for my needs rigjht now. ......
but if I want good ol' homecookin', where can I come? (rhetorically...).....
but hey, my individual imagination is fertile in work and in play.....

DUDE...I'm drinking here (opens another beer)...
Go procreate somewhere else! (fighting barf reflex)...  :mrgreen:

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Site Admin

Post Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:54 am 

If I start banning "weird", I'm liable to end up banning most of the people who visit regularly.  Myself included.

I think there's a saying about ignoring the trees in the forest, and they cease to exist.  Or something along those lines.

Foul

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:29 am 

Fnord.

Next