BACK AGAIN ALREADY! job7839 now selling as jnester10!
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:10 am 

Hey all, apparently out old friend jonb7839/TGE/ETC/the_wizards_of all_things was apparently undaunted by his recent and extremely quick suspension from Ebay. :?   As noted in the title he has now came up with the name  jnester10:

eBay listings

As you wiull note, once again almost nothing has changed in his auction listings with the exception that he is now not using colors to highlight certain words, however it is so freaking obvious its the same guy its ridiculous. :roll:  You will also notice that he has changed his name yet again and he has now reverted back to living in Pulaski, Virginia. So like we did last time its time to report report report him to ebay here:

Report this Ass Hole

If you click on the "email us" hyperlink on the Ebay page I referenced you will see what I am referring to. :)

Also, the funny part(or not so funny part) is that he uses the almost exact same intro that he used for TGE's about me page:

TGE's about me page wrote:Hi, great to meet all you gaming Fanatics out there! : ) I've just recently found out about Ebay, and am Very Excited to be here! It's GREAT to see that our wonderful Hobby is still Alive and Well!

Found here:
http://members.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... e_emporium

And now jnester10:

jnester10 wrote:Hello Ebay! : ) My name is Jackie Nester, and its nice to meet you guys! I'm just starting to learn my way around Ebay, and am already addicted! Been buying a few things here and there, and thought I might try a hand at selling some of my old collectibles and antiques here on Ebay. I'll be selling off some Middle Earth Role Playing games this week along with a bunch of other neat stuff!

Found here:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Once again in case anyone is new to this part here are the links to his previous ebay USER ID's:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... e_emporium

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... hest%21%21

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... d=jonb7839

And in case it needs to be said again AVOID THIS GUY LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:17 am 

Also to note, I will try to come up with a specific email for anyone that wants to use to report him to Ebay like we did last month.  Until then, please report away. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:37 am 

Alright here is the email that I just sent to Ebay to report this guy:

bclarkie wrote:Hi there. I wanted to once again bring to your attention a seller that has just created a new account.  This seller has been on Ebay 4 times prior to this over the last five years and three of the four times previously he has eventually been booted off for stealing people's money.  Fortunately, the most recent one he was removed from Ebay prior to being successful at stealing peoples money. Myself and others tried to warn you in the past that he created a new user ID about this individual and we were told that there was nothing that could be done with the exception of this most recent turn.  The four previous seller IDs that he used are jonb7839, the_game_emporium, the_eastern_treasure_chest!! and most recently he used the_wizards_of_all_things.  They previous feedback for these individual listing IDs can be found here:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... e_emporium

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... hest%21%21

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... d=jonb7839

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... all_things

Another thing to note is the fact that the most recent Ebay ID that he has created jnester10, was created exactly 1 day after his last Ebay ID, the_wizards_of_all_things was suspended.  It is patently obvious that this seller is the exact same person despite the fact that he changes his name & user ID each time. All that one needs to do is to check the current auctions that he has listed now under his new sellers ID and the 2 about ME pages that he had set up for 2 of his previous user accounts.  All his auction listings over use the word RARE and other synonyms for rare and he also uses lots and lots of exclamation points.  Additionally, he also likes to highlight individual words in different colors or other odd symbols.  On top of that, if you check out his previous about me pages for the_game_emporium and the_eastern_treasure_chest!! you will note the same exact pattern of typing.  All 5 of these individual IDs are located within 50 miles of each other along Interstate 81 in Virginia and as amatter of fact his newest ID jtnester10 is located in Pulaski Virginia just like one of his previous user IDs the_easter_treasure_chest!!. These are not just mere coincidences and it is most certainly the same individual selling yet again.  If this person is not stopped before he gets going again, this pattern of theft from buyer is sure to continue.  If you need any further information from me, I will happily provide anything and everything that I can in order to prevent this person from stealing peoples money for a fourth time.  Please act upon this complaint as soon as possible as the quicker that you act the safer EBay will be.  Thanks for your time, Brian

Once again if everyone just wants to cut and paste this email(and change the name of course!!) and email it to Ebay I am hoping that we can get him shut down again before he wreckshavoc on the buying community again.  Once again here is the link to report him:

Report this Ass Hole

Remember, the only reason that we were able to get him shut donw last time so quickly is because a bunch of people emailed in to Ebay to report him.  The more people report him the faster we can get this guy kicked off again. :D

Last edited by bclarkie on Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:11 am 

Message sent to eBay, thanks for the heads up bclarkie!

Politician, Tree, Rope...Some Assembly Required

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:28 am 

My god, he's like a metastasizing cancer.

Let mirth prevail!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:48 am 

I sent a message sent to eBay.  Thanks for heads-up.  Hopefully this guy can be shut down.

Keith

"Never let it be said I didn’t do the least I could do."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:08 am 

You mean to say that eBay can't check something like the IP address to see if its the same person (or at least the same computer), or something similar?  Good grief, no wonder they can get away with stuff like this! :roll:  :oops:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:18 am 

sleepyCO wrote:You mean to say that eBay can't check something like the IP address to see if its the same person (or at least the same computer), or something similar?  Good grief, no wonder they can get away with stuff like this! :roll:  :oops:

Can this asshat not afford a new backing sheet behind the items he photographs?  He's been using the same one (or the same photos) for years!!!!  My God, at least TRY AND NOT LET BCLARKIE FIND YOU!!!!  What a miserable, and apparantly lazy, human being.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:42 am 

sleepyCO wrote:You mean to say that eBay can't check something like the IP address to see if its the same person (or at least the same computer), or something similar?  Good grief, no wonder they can get away with stuff like this! :roll:  :oops:

Most high speed (and dial up) connections have randomly assigned IP addresses. You get one every time you restart the DSL/Cable modem. In addition, each computer network card has an individual MAC address (Media Access Control). You can swap network cards out and operate with a new MAC address within minutes.

In addition, with wireless connections many people set up their home network right out of the box without password protecting their setup. In my neighborhood I can detect 18 different wireless networks of varying strength with about 1/3 of them without password protection. eBay could inadvertently ban a legitimate user because a neighbor was using their open network to post their listings.

Not to defend them, but it would be futile for eBay to try to ban users with either IP or MAC information. To make matters worse, there is hacker style software available for an unscrupulous user to forge their MAC address.

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:06 pm 

bombadil wrote:My god, he's like a metastasizing cancer.

No kidding.  Its really starting to piss me off now. :evil:  Lets just hope Ebay does the right thing again this time.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:10 pm 

jasonw1239 wrote:
Most high speed (and dial up) connections have randomly assigned IP addresses. You get one every time you restart the DSL/Cable modem. In addition, each computer network card has an individual MAC address (Media Access Control). You can swap network cards out and operate with a new MAC address within minutes.

In addition, with wireless connections many people set up their home network right out of the box without password protecting their setup. In my neighborhood I can detect 18 different wireless networks of varying strength with about 1/3 of them without password protection. eBay could inadvertently ban a legitimate user because a neighbor was using their open network to post their listings.

Not to defend them, but it would be futile for eBay to try to ban users with either IP or MAC information. To make matters worse, there is hacker style software available for an unscrupulous user to forge their MAC address.

RATS!  :o  I thought there was a way that a dial-up number, or a computer's address, could be found out . . . I also thought that the IP address was permanent to an access point (be it dial-up, network, phone number, cable, or whatever) . . . . Was a thought . . .  :idea:  :?:  :?:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:28 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Alright here is the email that I just sent to Ebay to report this guy:

Once again if everyone just wants to cut and paste this email(and change the name of course!!) and email it to Ebay I am hoping that we can get him shut down again before he wreckshavoc on the buying community again.  Once again here is the link to report him:

Report this Ass Hole

Remember, the only reason that we were able to get him shut donw last time so quickly is because a bunch of people emailed in to Ebay to report him.  The more people report him the faster we can get this guy kicked off again. :D

Done... :twisted:

Thanks Brian, you are definately an asset to the community..... :D

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:32 pm 

Reported.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:33 pm 

I have to hand it to you, Brian, you are a frigging bloodhound!

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:37 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:I have to hand it to you, Brian, you are a frigging bloodhound!

Yep, Hope I never end up on the wrong side of bclarkie 8O  :lol: (in an eBay deal that is...)

Politician, Tree, Rope...Some Assembly Required

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:03 pm 

As opposed to ending up on the wrong side of Brian after, oh, let's say...a burrito eating constest?

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:02 pm 

Here is a laugh.  Shortly after I posted this, I emailed him letting him know that once again we were on to him.  Here is the reponse that I just got.  :D

Take your pick of a name that starts with J wrote:I emailed this email to Ebay. What's did I do to you? I dont know what your takling about. But I'm sure that Ebay will let me know. Why did you not sign the email with your own name? But said Thanks, Ebay instead? Well I'm sorry your having a bad day, but I can't help you from here. Thanks, Jackie

Its almost the exact same email response as the last 3 times he has popped up on Ebay claiming to be someone different. :lol:   Doesn't he realize that just because he says that he is not the same person that someone is actually going to believe that its true? :D

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:03 pm 

Get 'em Brian!

How does one report a seller with a bad record on a new ID?

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Last edited by FormCritic on Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Next