Graeme Davis found
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:40 am 

I am pleased to announce that I am now in contact with Graeme Davis, one of the leading lights of the very lamented (well, by Europeans at least) TSR UK and then fine designer at GW pre Bryan Ansell Total Takeover. I'm planning to have a feature interview with him: has anybody some suggestions?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:25 am 

What's he up to currently, and in the years back to the closing of TSR UK?

What's his favorite module---both his own (that he wrote), and written by someone else?

What was his favorite fanzine, and why?

Does he still game?  

And, does he know anything about "Treasure of the Dragon Queen" @ http://www.greyhawkonline.com/grodog/gh ... queen.html ? :D :D :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:41 pm 

grodog wrote:And, does he know anything about "Treasure of the Dragon Queen" @ http://www.greyhawkonline.com/grodog/gh ... queen.html ? :D :D :D

How much would a copy be worth to you?
Have you thought about putting up a reward for a copy? Getting the papers involved? Start with the local paper to the Con and a story like "Mad Gamer offers $2000 reward for a copy of Game"
Decent publicity will find this thing unless both the writer and the DMs are dead.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . chicken and wild rice soup.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:00 pm 

That is a stellar idea.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:04 pm 

That'll certainly shake the tree... just wonder if someone unscrupulous might create a Treasure of the Dragon Queen module with grodog's recalled memories and claim it's the real thing from Jersey Con days of yore.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:05 pm 

VermilionFire wrote:That'll certainly shake the tree... just wonder if someone unscrupulous might create a Treasure of the Dragon Queen module with grodog's recalled memories and claim it's the real thing from Jersey Con days of yore.

My first thought exactly.

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:50 pm 

I'd say Allan's brother would be able to authenticate the plotline. Unless there was more plot that jogged more memories it would not ring true. I reckon a fake would be easy to spot. You just don't pony up the reward until the content had been varified.

Besides, press coverage would also bring out all the gamers who remembered things, and people tend to come forward once they know someone is looking for help. At the moment only those who collect and read the boards regularily know about Allan's Quest. How many of those original organizers involved are avid collectors? None? ATM the odds are heavily stacked against someone stumbling accross the request for info.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . chicken and wild rice soup.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:32 am 

grodog wrote:What's he up to currently, and in the years back to the closing of TSR UK?

What's his favorite module---both his own (that he wrote), and written by someone else?

What was his favorite fanzine, and why?

Does he still game?  

And, does he know anything about "Treasure of the Dragon Queen" @ http://www.greyhawkonline.com/grodog/gh ... queen.html ? :D :D :D

Ehm, there is an embarassing (for me) clarification: Graeme Davis is not the Graeme that worked for TSR UK. The TSR Graeme  :wink:  was Morris, not Davis. He 'just'  8O  worked for GW.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:09 am 

As the resident D20 guy around here, I think I should direct you to Green Ronin's very nice Freeport line.

Graeme Davis has his name on several of those products, including the one in my hand at the moment....Tales of Freeport dated 2003.

Davis' work is some of the best Freeport material.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:21 pm 

Alexander1968 wrote:Ehm, there is an embarassing (for me) clarification: Graeme Davis is not the Graeme that worked for TSR UK. The TSR Graeme  :wink:  was Morris, not Davis. He 'just'  8O  worked for GW.

Ooops, my bad, sorry!  Feel free to use the same Qs, slightly modified, though, if you think they're still relevant :D

On the Treasure of the Dragon Queen front, I have not considered a finders fee, though I have considered stepping up my efforts via leveraging an ad/mention in the Rutgers University alumni newsletter.  I'll have to give that a little more thought, I think....

On the fakes front, I'm not that worried about it, since I have very clear pictures in my head of the handout images used during the adventure, and they would be pretty hard to fool me on, I think.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/