Please need help with ebay - Renaissance Games (fencert)
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:41 pm 

Hi all,

I have read in various threads that a few of you know and are even friends with a very active ebay seller known as "fencert" a.k.a. Terry Jeffreys from Renaissance Games.  I have had significant issues trying to get my product I paid for from this gentleman and I am hoping one of you could help me by intevening or appealing to him.

The skinny: On December 23rd I purchased #130061703225 AD&D Huge lot of 18 Modules and Supplements NEW!!! These were all Judges Guild modules.  On December 28th he sent me a package of Helly Kitty magic markers.  I contacted him via email immediately (that day) and he informed me that he'd ship the correct product.  So I waited until Tuesday January 9th without getting any product and he said they had been shipped on Monday January 8th.  Well, now its Wednesday January 17th and I've still got no product and no update from him. I live in Austin, Texas and he's in Dallas, so it shouldn't take 2 weeks for product to get here unless he send it book rate or something.

From what I've read, he's a good guy so before I leave him a red on this lousy experience and go file a paypal dispute claim, can someone please ask about my purchase if possible with him and make an appeal to find out where my product is.  So far, I'm out 31 bucks.  If not, can anyone give me some advice as to how to best get my money or my product from him.  

Please PM me if there's any other info you need.  I have all the data - the original packaging, the email threads, etc.

Thanks kindly for your help.

Best,

D. Jay Cervino

For Reference:  
** expired eBay auction **

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:57 pm 

If you now e-mail him inviting him to comment on your post, he will in all likelyhood monitor any discussion we have here about him as an eBay dealer.

If you're reading this, Terry, I have bought from you and never had a problem, and I've never heard a bad word about you before.

A brief and polite explanation of the error from your end would ease any apprehension future buyers may have. Posts on this forum have a habit of lingering for many years, and The Acaeum tends to crop up more than most message boards in Google searches.

We'd all like to know that your business is a solid as it's come to be known.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . minestrone soup.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:58 pm 

Odd, just looked at a couple of pages of feedback, there seems to be an issue of wrong items sent, etc. He was extremely helpful and accomidating when I dealt with him a while ago, so not sure why these problems are happening. Hopefully this issue can be worked out.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:21 pm 

No Dice wrote:Hi all,

Best,
D. Jay Cervino

For Reference:  
** expired eBay auction **

Jay, last week I was high bidder for the same list of JG modules (18 Modules).  I went to his house in a rainstorm the other night and picked them up in person. (Terry lives 10 minutes from me). He has always been honest with me, however, this guy has so many irons in the fire its no wonder he gets lost. His house looks like a warehouse with various types of wholesale merchandise spread all over the place. He no longer has a living room, or dining room and his wife runs her own re-sale business too.

Anyway, If you will simply write Terry a nice E-Mail (Forget about the E-Bay system, he gets hundreds if not thousands per month). I am certain he will get back with you soon and he will make it right too.

BTW: He did not have all of the items shown in the listing I won, but he made up for the shortage with other JG items of more value. So, I made out in the short run, perhaps you will too in the long run.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:31 pm 

The skinny: On December 23rd I purchased #130061703225 AD&D Huge lot of 18 Modules and Supplements NEW!!! These were all Judges Guild modules.  On December 28th he sent me a package of Helly Kitty magic markers.  I contacted him via email immediately (that day) and he informed me that he'd ship the correct product.  So I waited until Tuesday January 9th without getting any product and he said they had been shipped on Monday January 8th.  Well, now its Wednesday January 17th and I've still got no product and no update from him. I live in Austin, Texas and he's in Dallas, so it shouldn't take 2 weeks for product to get here unless he send it book rate or something.

You just might want to call him, or something.

I don't know about Austin, but DFW has had terrible weather the last week so that might have delayed things.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:32 pm 

BTW: He did not have all of the items shown in the listing I won, but he made up for the shortage with other JG items of more value. So, I made out in the short run, perhaps you will too in the long run.

Ditto.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:26 pm 

Plaag wrote:Odd, just looked at a couple of pages of feedback, there seems to be an issue of wrong items sent, etc. He was extremely helpful and accomidating when I dealt with him a while ago, so not sure why these problems are happening. Hopefully this issue can be worked out.

ShaneG.

Fencert is a nice guy, but I have to say he probably shouldn't be running an Ebay business. I've very surprised he doesn't have more negs. Everytime I've ordered from him I've gotten different items and had to have a refund or different items sent.  I have reluctantly decided at this point I can no longer buy from him, despite the great prices, because I'm not getting the items I order.  There is also an issue of missing maps from some of the items I eventually did receive.  I think the watchword here is buyer beware; if you aren't too particular about what items you do actually receive, you shouldn't be disappointed.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:28 pm 

I bought a lot from Terry in my early days on Ebay...until I basically had bought one of everything he had for sale for Judges Guild.

Terry has made mistakes before on my orders...but he has always been quick to fix any problem.  Further, he did so at his expense, rather than mine, and without asking me to return the wrong item or really making any fuss at all.

I would suggest that Fencert's record is one of reliability and good will.  If you have a problem, call him.  You could also find his ID on the Acaeum...he is a member...and PM him about the matter.

I really doubt there is any bad intention on Terry's part.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:04 pm 

Cool. Thank you all for the suggestions and the confort of knowing I'm not dealing with a jerk.  I did, in fact, call and left a message previously and I will trust you all and do so a second time.  I'm sure he gets tons of emails and calls but, as a business, he needs to set my expectations, and frankly, he hasn't.  Hopefully this will all just get resolved quickly.  Thanks again!

Best,
D. Jay

YIM  

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:03 pm 

Happy Ending!  Terry is a real stand-up guy and he fixed the problem at his expense. Contacted me several times to work it out, which is more than I've gotten from any other seller on eBay. He even exceeded my expectations with how he fixed it.  I definitely recommend him for business and will certainly buy from him again.

best,
- D. Jay

YIM  

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:24 pm 

Good to see things worked out.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:42 pm 

Whew, that's a relief!  I hope he took back the Helly Kitty materials.  Hello Kitty is bad enough!

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:48 pm 

I suspect he is like me, good intentions, but falls flat occasionally.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:03 pm 

FWIW, I've dealt with Fencert a number of times and have never had problems.  He's a solid seller.

The Egg

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:20 pm 

Great guy. But getting behind in this stuff just happens. Life has a way of getting in the way...

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/