Giving feedback - and misleading descriptions
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 12:30 pm 

Along the lines of the discussion about feedback, I have a question about how I should approach a seller.

Have a look at this auction before reading any further :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 3143366176

I've received the items and on closer inspection I discovered that the Battlesystem set is incomplete - it doesn't contain the miniatures but more importantly doesn't contain the miniature rules. I sent her an email, saying this and she replied :

"The 2 metal figures did not come with the supplement when I originally purchased it at a store several years ago.  If you review the E-bay posting, you will see that I did not list the metal figures in the items included with the auction.  The 16 page guide to miniatures was a guide to painting figures.  The 16 page guide to miniatures was also not listed on E-bay as I also did not have it, but there is a possibilty that it did originally come with the supplement, and may be packed away.  I will continue to look for it..."

Does anyone else see the auction description as being incredibly misleading?

Nev

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 12:41 pm 

Hi Nev,

I don't think the seller made a mistake here. In the description it was clearly stated what was included in the package. Happened to me with a 2E world builder's guide book which was missing the add-on. It was too cheap to worry about, however.

Did you email the seller prior to bidding if the item was complete or did you just rely on the auction description?

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 2:56 pm 

I had a similar experience on an item I bought last year - it was incomplete, but every item listed in the description was sent.  It would have been nice if the seller had stated more explicitly that the item was not complete, but in my final analysis, it was my fault for reading too much into the description.

If you got what was listed in the condition stated, and in a timely manner, I'd say the seller deserves a positive, maybe w/ a caveat about the item being incomplete and needing that in the description.

Paul

"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Saphoo that thoughts aquire speed; the lips aquire stains; the stains become a warning.  It is by will alone I set my mind in motion."

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 3:04 pm 

Hey Nev!  Just my 2 cents...

I think the seller was right on.  You should probably have read the contents section a little more closely.  (Although I guess the UNUSED statement would have thrown me off too!)

On the bright side though, you got H1 at a really good price!  I'm surprised that Cougarrinard didn't scoop that one up!

I would definately vote for a positive for the seller.

:D

Dere Fritoad, Two badd yoo copped outt so sooon lazt nighgt. Mised som grooovy trps. Hoap th rring thinng wurcs out awrighgt. Peece, Timm  PS Hear ar som outt of sihgt stash I'm laying onn yoo guyz. Must sine off as rush iss cocomcoming ohgodohgod$#%*@!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 4:26 pm 

Nev-

When I first read the auction I though everything should be complete and in unused condition. After re-reading, I see that the seller meant all the listed components were in unused condition. The listing is a little confusing, but I would have to agree that the seller deserves a positive feedback.

Mike

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 10:41 pm 

I would have to say that the seller deserves a positive feedback with no caveat about the items being incomplete because:

1. the two items had everything that she said they had. If you were concerned about something that was not listed then you should have asked about it before bidding.

2. The only mention of the word "complete" in the description was in the sentece "A complete 3-D ADVENTURE FOLD-UP village makes the battle come alive!" If the seller said both items were complete then you would have a valid complaint.

This seller went to the trouble to list everything that was in the two boxed sets (that was present) and did not try to do the old "I know nothing about the game and everything  seems to be there."

Just my thoughts on this one...post the positive feedback but nothing about about a description that was...well...in a word, complete.

-PD

Besides, nice price on the H1. Would you honestly want to try and get a refund on this auction?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 12:45 am 

Ok, thanks everyone for the feedback!

Glad I checked with you guys before doing anything. I was obviously being less reasonable than I should be!

Nev

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 12:54 am 

You could always burn the Battlesystem, sell the Bloodstone Pass to Cougarretard at twice the price, and call it a win.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.