Cougarrinard is now using Ebay ID of littleprincessfreya
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 49 of 111123 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 109110111
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:31 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
again thats personal opinion and everyone can make up their own minds.

anyway.

Al

That's not really true, Al.  Receiving stolen goods is a criminal offence.  I wonder how many buyers have purchased items from Cougie which had previously gone 'missing' in lost M-bags from the USA?

Otherworld Miniatures Webshop - http://www.otherworld.me.uk/store.html

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:40 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
again thats personal opinion and everyone can make up their own minds.

anyway.

Al

Al, remember when jonb started selling again and there were folks from here who started bidding on his stuff, people who you veiwed as your friends?  Do you remember how it kind of upset you that people were doing it even knowing full well that in one of his previous incarnations that he ripped you off.  Do you remember why you felt that way?

The whole Cougar thing is just like that for a lot of people, some of which have been ripped off or mistreated by him, while others who see what he does and can't stand him for it.  Maybe if you look at it from that perspective it might help you understand why people get upset that some folks, particularly those who are on here and who know all the horror stories about him and yet still continue to bid on his stuff.  It leaves people feeling a bit betrayed.  When I made my post a month or so ago that pissed you and several others off(which really was not my intent at all), that was really what I was driving at when I posted it(that and the continued financial support of his activities by bidding on his stuff).  

Now I am not trying to pile on you at all, nor am I trying to ridicule you at all or question your integrity(I now that really are a great person), but I am just trying to help you understand where people are coming from by perhaps helping you place you in their shoes. At the end of the day you have to make your own decisions and that is totally fine, you don't have to get caught up in the "mob" as you put it, but sometimes...not always, but sometimes... the mob just may be right. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:03 am 

Hi,

it USED to be the case in the UK - and may well still be - that if you buy an item that has been proved to be stolen a while ago, then you have to give it back to its original owner, no matter that you bought it in good faith.

Was used in fine art thefts etc.

Be interesting to know if any of the "lost" m-bags contained easily-identifiable modules. Presumably there would be quite a lot of photos around of some stuff.

Cheers,
malc

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:09 am 

Just write your name, in red ink, on the back page. ;) That'll make it identifiable.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:05 am 

I brought that up quite a while back, Malc. All it would take is someone to keep meticulous track of it.
45 pages...............

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:14 pm 

if you actually READ what folk actually put though, its not particularly "support"

Ok, I'm not going to start a pissing match here, but I think Otherworld and Bclarkie put it very succintly in their neutral points. I probably should have thought as much about MY wording as they did about theirs.

#1 - I actually DO read what people write here about individuals. And when asshat Dave reads that there ARE some people here on Acaeum that still buy from him, it shoots the other 90+ pages about him right out the window. Hell, if other people on this FORUM ignore their fellow users, then obviously our impact truly is minimal on his sales.

#2 - To me it's just like someone saying "Well, the guy MIGHT be a thief, and he might have stolen from a few dozen of my friends, but since he hasn't robbed MY house yet, we'll still hang out at the pub."

That's all, no more, no less.

My original post was in reference actually to Megnelwil, who made a reference to a jibe about cougie being "just wrong." I seemed to recall him posting another complaint about all the cougie-bashing, so I looked at his eBay feedback, and saw 70+ transactions with DM Dave. Again, it's his perogative to deal with Whitfield - but I find it ironic that ANY member of this forum can continue to deal with him. It's like a picket line, where a bunch of union members are still crossing over and going to work.

Doesn't make much sense to me.

No more, no less.

I think most of us on Acaeum are adults, and we do indeed have the right to "buy from whomever we want to" - but sometimes it rubs those of us who have been screwed the wrong way.

Original 28mm fantasy gaming miniatures at http://www.centerstageminis.com

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:04 pm 

Center Stage Hobbies,

Alan has it absolutely right, if you examine this issue point by point, with respect to my participation at least and what has been actually said, you'll get a factual accounting rather than a partial overview. Those facts might allow you to dispense with your assumptions. It's up to you if you want to do that. It appears a few members here have set an unofficial criteria as to what it takes to be an Acaeum member. Weighed against the principle of being able to conduct one's affairs without unwarranted interference and even slander, in the case of some recent opinions and contributions, that's really not a hard choice to make nor are the consequences of any great import or loss compared to the alternative.

Regards

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:02 pm 

I'm not qualified to be here... I don't own a single "rare" item (I think, maybe I do) but I like to find out about it, so I can try to get it... that's mostly why I come here, to get information and to chatter away as time permits.

Anyway, umm, Cougie... yeah. Doe she sell Warhammer Quest and Hero Quest stuff? Hehe.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:41 pm 

megnelwil wrote:Center Stage Hobbies,

Alan has it absolutely right, if you examine this issue point by point, with respect to my participation at least and what has been actually said, you'll get a factual accounting rather than a partial overview. Those facts might allow you to dispense with your assumptions. It's up to you if you want to do that. It appears a few members here have set an unofficial criteria as to what it takes to be an Acaeum member. Weighed against the principle of being able to conduct one's affairs without unwarranted interference and even slander, in the case of some recent opinions and contributions, that's really not a hard choice to make nor are the consequences of any great import or loss compared to the alternative.

Regards

Some of the posters need to realize that the Acaeum isn't a moral arbiter of behavior on the net.  IMO this thread should exist more as a "warning system" to the newbie collector than a indicator of who is or isn't a bad guy if they deal with Coug.  Hell I have dealt with quite a few people that at one time or another have been savaged on these boards (and didn't particularly care what anyone thought of it either).  I had my own moment of revelation a few pages ago (a few weeks ago?) and realized it wasn't my job to play daddy and chart everyone's buys or sales.  I personally choose to have nothing to do with Coug, and will continue to bash his business practices, and will continue to warn people against dealing with him. However, I'm not going base whether or not a person deals with him as an indication of whether or not I'll deal with that person.  I will just say it's like putting a rattlesnake in your pants and hoping it never bites you, but to each his own....
  In other words If you want to deal with the Coug, buyer beware, and be adult enough not to come crying to the forum when he stiffs you and you feel like you need a shoulder to cry on.  Other than that I'm not going to make any moral judgements...

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:53 pm 

megnelwil wrote:Center Stage Hobbies,

Regards

Yeah, but didn't you state that someone's post was a cheap shot?  Did you use criteria to determine that?

We all have and use criteria, sometimes objective and sometimes subjective or both.  In this case, I'm not saying yours is bad or mine is good or your is wrong and mine is right.  I personally think that interference is not all bad.  If someone's trying to rob me or kill me, I'm hoping the police interfere big time.  And one person's slander is another person's sermon depending on their perspective.

I think badmike's comments/commentary is spot on.  I like this forum to talk about what we like and don't like.  Furthermore, I hope that ultimately our communication here is helpful for buyers or sellers and, believe it or not, for Coug too.  If we put him out of this business of ripping some people off, maybe he'll fly right or he'll learn from this failure and do better in his next endeavor.  Not only that, but this line of discussion helps me look at myself and my own shortcomings.  I'm not just interested in justice.

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:15 pm 

I am about to list a huge auction on Ebay (approx 110 items), and am taking it worldwide for the first time. Although I am happy to do this, as I hope it will increase the great bidders, I am worried that cougie will bid, and I DO NOT want the hassle associated with that. I have never dealt with him before, and have been following this forum for a while. He is currently the high bidder on a US only auction (nothing new), so his tactics kinda scare me!
:roll:  :x

Can I block bids from him on Ebay? If so, then how???? :?:

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:18 pm 

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/manage_bidders_ov.html

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:22 pm 

THANK YOU! :wink:

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:45 pm 

I am about to list a huge auction on Ebay (approx 110 items)

As a lot, or can we try to get specific items first? I hate buying a gigantic auction for like 40 books to only then have to try and get rid of 35 of them cause I only needed 5. But, I bet with a lot from an Acaeum member, I'd want 99% anyway...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:30 pm 

Thanks for your help folks :D
Just 1 minute before my auction ended I saw a last minute (literally!) question. Ugh, I always fear those. This one really scared me!!! 8O

if i win this and i am trying, please dont send me the dragon mags, they weigh too much for their worth, I'll of course pay the full amount, & M bag shipping, but feel free to resell the mags or throw away etc thanks --dave
From: cougarrinard (7663)  Respond above | Delete Aug-19-07

I was spooked. "Oh crap, how did he bid? I don't see his name. Has he changed his name to the high bidder I am currently loving? What has happened? Here comes a negative for sure." My mind was swimming. :x  8O  :(  :?

Then....

2. any reason I cannot bid? perhaos you been listening to liars & cheats/ thjieves? your loss my high bid was way more than it went for ~CR

Thanks for teaching me how to block bidders. Also, thanks to the top bidder out of the blue!!! :D  8)

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:01 pm 

It's always good to hear a Cougie success story.

Yes, blocking works: if there are any lurkers here wondering if they should just give in and let CougTard ruin their auctions, there's your answer. Blocking works; no one can get around it.

Also, it's interesting to note that every spurned bidder in the history of eBay has always said the same thing: "my bid would have been way higher, dude!" It's simply amazing that they think anyone would actually believe that, but every one of them seems to think it's an original thought.

Every time I have prevented someone from bidding, I've gotten that email: "oh, dude, you just cost yourself some money." It's like the biggest bullshit line in eBay history.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:33 pm 

I personally have some bidders blocked simply because I don't want to sell to them -- not because of horror stories from others (though there are some of those too).  For the most part, they actually tend to be accounts that are purely resellers.  I don't sell often, but when I do, I'd like to know that it's going to go to someone who'll enjoy the product, as opposed to just attempting to flip it.  Call me strange, but since I don't make a living out of this, the winner's enjoyment is more important than making a huge profit.

(Speaking of which, I see waynes_world_of_books just outbid me at the last second again.  I swear, I can't get anything interesting cheaply because of that guy... :x)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:28 pm 

He doesn't stop, does he?

"Dear andrewlloyd311lla,

thanks for the listing. but i am afraid that you did do yourself out of over $100 as I DO bid more than thew average as i sell the stuff, I dont care if you believe me or that you listen to the liars cheats & thieves, or that you place personal messages on public sites, you HAVE lost out and could determine that if you viewed my previous bids, your loss, not mine, each time the idiots get another beluver it costs them money, your case well over $100 WELL DONE, now run alone and report to the fools like a good puppet

- cougarrinard"

What is his screen name here? He clearly follows this thread.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 49 of 111123 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 109110111