Cougarrinard is now using Ebay ID of littleprincessfreya
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 49 of 111123 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:37 am 

ah no worries man, i just got nagged at by my boss and prb attacked a little more than i should :)

i have no doubts that dan (megnewil) prb thinks along the same line as me in this instance, but hey everyone is quite capable of speaking for themselves :)

besides, i am trying to hoard cash just now to raid gencon :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:45 am 

And now a little levity.

Someone compared Cougie to Robin Hood.  I now present...

Cougar Hood: Schmuck of Thieves

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:57 am 

8O  :lol:

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:09 pm 

That sentence refers to megnewil's recent comment which could be interpreted as siding with Coug.

Depends on how far you want to stretch what I actually said. Anything can be interpreted any way in the end. Picking sides is for kids in playgrounds. And Al hits the rest on the head, take people as you find them, treat them as they treat you.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:36 pm 

How come no one's ever gone round to his place (or one of them, I guess) and just beaten the fertilizer out of him?

"We were put on this Earth to fart around."
                            - Kurt Vonnegut

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:03 pm 

silver_beetle wrote:How come no one's ever gone round to his place (or one of them, I guess) and just beaten the fertilizer out of him?

#1, most of his victims have either been in the US or other Euro countries..Cougie may be a schmuck, but he rarely craps where he eats. #2, I think a lot of people get all up on the "Man, if this guy rips me off, I'm going to come over to his place and tear out his tonsils", but in reality it's too much time or trouble to gas up the car and hit the road, plus have a confrontation. How many did Jonb/Eastern Game Chest rip off in his time, yet no one ever confronted the creep even though his address was pretty easy to come by (somewhere in Virginia, right?).  People really are geared into today's world NOT to confront...I've seen people not even speak up when they've been shorted change by a waitress or clerk, and then add to the equation you have all sorts of freaks out there that may be carrying a gun, knife, whatever, and most people think "Is my life REALLY worth a $15 module???"

Of course the scam and rip off artists of the world count on this which is why they are so successful for the most part.  Then again, I've only confronted two scam artists in my entire life, and both times they very quickly coughed up the money owed me and were nice about it all the while.  They figure so many aren't going to stand up for themselves I'll avoid trouble with the 10% or so that do by just giving them back their money.

Then again, maybe someone in the UK that Cougie has ripped HAS shown up demanding his money back, and he got a refund....is Cougie going to advertise this?  

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:05 pm 

silver_beetle wrote:How come no one's ever gone round to his place (or one of them, I guess) and just beaten the fertilizer out of him?

Because you can get in trouble with the law.

FormCritic wrote:I am uncomfortable with jests about violence directed at Dave.

Not trying to be self-righteous, since I understand they are jests.  It just seems like something people might later regret.

I agree that even jests have their downside.  I wouldn't doubt that a competent detective would find this forum and consider it in his/her investigation.

I think the Chinese say that, "when you seek revenge, dig two graves."  I'm not getting preachy but there is some wisdom in worth considering in that statement.

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:39 pm 

Regardless of the why and the wherefore, I have a really hard time with anybody who defends this turdstick.

No, I don't advocate violence against ANYBODY, but this man's email correspondence (with numerous people!), his attitude, and his demeanor all indicate someone who is indifferent to the hobby, indifferent to others, and above all, a real schmuck.

Even if you've never been screwed by him personally, I find it hard to believe that ANYBODY could think that DM Dave is a regular - or even a remotely decent - guy.

Original 28mm fantasy gaming miniatures at http://www.centerstageminis.com

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:03 pm 

Center_Stage_Hobbies wrote:Regardless of the why and the wherefore, I have a really hard time with anybody who defends this turdstick.

No, I don't advocate violence against ANYBODY, but this man's email correspondence (with numerous people!), his attitude, and his demeanor all indicate someone who is indifferent to the hobby, indifferent to others, and above all, a real schmuck.

Even if you've never been screwed by him personally, I find it hard to believe that ANYBODY could think that DM Dave is a regular - or even a remotely decent - guy.

just so it is crystal clear as your words are quite cutting CSH, i DONT defend anything here. i deal with the guy because i choose to do so. i get on fine with him, so thats good enough for me. business is business.

havent got anything else to say on the matter, so will go back into my neutral corner and get on with other stuff thats more important.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:09 pm 

Exactly...business IS business, and sorry Al, if you took it personally. It wasn't directed back at you specifically or anybody else.

You put it very succintly. Business is business, but the guy is still an asshat. I just get irritated by people trying to stick up for him. Hopefully, we're all adults on this forum and a jibe is just a jibe.

No hard feelings my friend, and nothing directed at you. Honest...

Cougie is just SO fun to pick on....

:)

Original 28mm fantasy gaming miniatures at http://www.centerstageminis.com

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:17 pm 

Center_Stage_Hobbies wrote:<snip>  but the guy is still an asshat. <snip> :)

How exactly does one say this word? Ass Hat? Ashat? Ass Shat?

:D

bombadil wrote:...There was a pile of heads stacked up around me at the end of every day.  Very cold work.  No gloves, blowing snow, bloody knife handle slippery as hell...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:26 pm 

khartsfield wrote:
How exactly does one say this word? Ass Hat? Ashat? Ass Shat?

:D

Here is a graphic that should help you understand and remember:

:wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:45 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Here is a graphic that should help you understand and remember:

:wink:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

bombadil wrote:...There was a pile of heads stacked up around me at the end of every day.  Very cold work.  No gloves, blowing snow, bloody knife handle slippery as hell...

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:32 am 

Center_Stage_Hobbies wrote:Exactly...business IS business, and sorry Al, if you took it personally. It wasn't directed back at you specifically or anybody else.

You put it very succintly. Business is business, but the guy is still an asshat. I just get irritated by people trying to stick up for him. Hopefully, we're all adults on this forum and a jibe is just a jibe.

No hard feelings my friend, and nothing directed at you. Honest...

Cougie is just SO fun to pick on....

:)

if you actually READ what folk actually put though, its not particularly "support". ppl choose to deal with him because they havent had the negative experience others have had. simple as that. at the end of the day, it will always come down to freedom of choice. if the circumstances changes, that affects your view, then fine. but until then, its always personal choice.

i guess i just have issues about "sweeping comments".

its easy for me to pick out an issue i have had with an american in the past (there are quite a few) and simply say "bah all americans suck eggs, dont deal with them as they are asshats", but even before saying it, i know thats a ridiculous comment, so wouldnt expess it like that.

have always been very individualistic in my views, so hate it when others arent i guess.

ah well, time for breakfast and then work.....wooohooo 5 more days then i fly to indy.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:48 am 

People who continue to do business with him, despite knowing about his M-bag tricks, are knowingly dealing with a thief.  It's not much different to buying knocked off DVD players from a burglar down the pub!

Otherworld Miniatures Webshop - http://www.otherworld.me.uk/store.html

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:39 am 

otherworld wrote:People who continue to do business with him, despite knowing about his M-bag tricks, are knowingly dealing with a thief.  It's not much different to buying knocked off DVD players from a burglar down the pub!

again thats personal opinion and everyone can make up their own minds.

anyway.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:31 am 

killjoy32 wrote:

anyway.

Al

That's not really true, Al.  Receiving stolen goods is a criminal offence.  I wonder how many buyers have purchased items from Cougie which had previously gone 'missing' in lost M-bags from the USA?

Otherworld Miniatures Webshop - http://www.otherworld.me.uk/store.html

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:40 am 

killjoy32 wrote:

anyway.

Al

Al, remember when jonb started selling again and there were folks from here who started bidding on his stuff, people who you veiwed as your friends?  Do you remember how it kind of upset you that people were doing it even knowing full well that in one of his previous incarnations that he ripped you off.  Do you remember why you felt that way?

The whole Cougar thing is just like that for a lot of people, some of which have been ripped off or mistreated by him, while others who see what he does and can't stand him for it.  Maybe if you look at it from that perspective it might help you understand why people get upset that some folks, particularly those who are on here and who know all the horror stories about him and yet still continue to bid on his stuff.  It leaves people feeling a bit betrayed.  When I made my post a month or so ago that pissed you and several others off(which really was not my intent at all), that was really what I was driving at when I posted it(that and the continued financial support of his activities by bidding on his stuff).  

Now I am not trying to pile on you at all, nor am I trying to ridicule you at all or question your integrity(I now that really are a great person), but I am just trying to help you understand where people are coming from by perhaps helping you place you in their shoes. At the end of the day you have to make your own decisions and that is totally fine, you don't have to get caught up in the "mob" as you put it, but sometimes...not always, but sometimes... the mob just may be right. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 49 of 111123 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50 ... 109110111