Cougarrinard is now using Ebay ID of littleprincessfreya
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 46 of 111123 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:26 pm 

I am uncomfortable with jests about violence directed at Dave.

Not trying to be self-righteous, since I understand they are jests.  It just seems like something people might later regret.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:57 pm 

FormCritic wrote:I am uncomfortable with jests about violence directed at Dave.

Not trying to be self-righteous, since I understand they are jests.  It just seems like something people might later regret.

Interesting point made.

I guess the bottom line here is that if someone (anyone) stitched me up or tried to f*** me over then I would certainly be looking for some form of compensation/satisfaction. I don't think I'm the only one in the world who feels this way, so it would come as no surprise to me whatsover if DM Dave got some 'payback' down the line somewhere.

To play devils advocate just a bit - does anyone here think that the actions and attitudes of certain ebayers puts them in a postition where they 'deserve' a bloody good hiding? Let's face it if you actively look for trouble you will generally find it :twisted:

I'm not a fighting type par se but I am 2 for 2 for knocking on peoples doors and getting my money back - no more/no less.

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:27 am 

just to make something perfectly clear here...as i wouldnt want to be thought of otherwise, i am actually a really nice person and one of the least confrontational guys you are likely to come across. i frankly cant be arsed wasting my energy on anyone who it isnt worth wasting it on.

however.

one thing in life i hate above most things is someone stitching me up. in an instance like that, if it requires it, i will face the problem face to face and resolve it. politely if possible. however, if the other person face to face, is such a dimbat and tries to take the piss further, then well, the additional aggravation would likely make me react.

BUT it would be a last resort, as i am sure it would for most folk.

i dont want you thinking that i would just do it for the sake of it, cos i am not like that :) seriously i am not.

all i want is the problem to be resolved. if it is then cool. if it isnt then.....

'nuff said.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:09 am 

I agree with this statement.

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:59 am 

Only if the person making those jests ends up in prison with Dave.  Of course, Dave would be the bitch who picked up the soap from the floor, but that goes without saying.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:29 am 

Traveller wrote:Only if the person making those jests ends up in prison with Dave.  Of course, Dave would be the bitch who picked up the soap from the floor, but that goes without saying.

"Hey, Dave!  Is that an M-bag stitting over there in the corner?"   :D

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:11 am 

It would be a sweet irony if he ended up in prison sewing mail bags!

Otherworld Miniatures Webshop - http://www.otherworld.me.uk/store.html

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:41 pm 

If he goes to prison, methinks the only bags he'll be dealing with will be the ones bumping his chin.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:04 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:If he goes to prison, methinks the only bags he'll be dealing with will be the ones bumping his chin.

8O

Otherworld Miniatures Webshop - http://www.otherworld.me.uk/store.html

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:09 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:If he goes to prison, methinks the only bags he'll be dealing with will be the ones bumping his chin.

or his own....wait, he doesn't have any

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:13 pm 

Speaking of which:

I am 7,371 rated, a Powerseller & could pay with pay pal
I ask as I live in UK, may I bid please? Both on this & maybe other items too?
Obviously I would pay shipping charges,(GPM for smaller items or surface (M bag) preferred.
Thanks for your time either way, no offence taken or intended
Please ?reply? to this so I know which auction were on about, thanks
Failing that I now have a USA based address you can send item(s) MEDIA MAIL to that will be forwarded to me, would that be better/ok?
Please pay no attention to individuals who e-mail you lying about me, my reputation or the US PS M bags, instead please report them straight away by forwarding the e-mail to Ebay via customer support. Also please check my feedback & theirs, I think you?ll soon discover who is the more reputable?
Finally please add me to your buyer exempt list, its under site map, centre column, else I may be held up bidding too late to sort it out/ re request this?
thanks
--Dave

Sound familiar?
This was for.....................you guessed it! The H1. Obviously it was copy-and-pasted from a standard document.
I was debating allowing him to bid on it, and offering to ship it to his US address, with tracking, and hoping for a scam attempt, since I would save all the e-mails, especially the one with the US address, and forward them to the FBI for mail fraud. Or, I can just block him. I really don't care either way.
Thoughts? I do keep in mind that Diamond Dave will possibly read this. I'll go with popular opinion.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:00 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:Speaking of which:

I am 7,371 rated, a Powerseller & could pay with pay pal
I ask as I live in UK, may I bid please? Both on this & maybe other items too?
Obviously I would pay shipping charges,(GPM for smaller items or surface (M bag) preferred.
Thanks for your time either way, no offence taken or intended
Please ?reply? to this so I know which auction were on about, thanks
Failing that I now have a USA based address you can send item(s) MEDIA MAIL to that will be forwarded to me, would that be better/ok?
Please pay no attention to individuals who e-mail you lying about me, my reputation or the US PS M bags, instead please report them straight away by forwarding the e-mail to Ebay via customer support. Also please check my feedback & theirs, I think you?ll soon discover who is the more reputable?
Finally please add me to your buyer exempt list, its under site map, centre column, else I may be held up bidding too late to sort it out/ re request this?
thanks
--Dave

Sound familiar?
This was for.....................you guessed it! The H1. Obviously it was copy-and-pasted from a standard document.
I was debating allowing him to bid on it, and offering to ship it to his US address, with tracking, and hoping for a scam attempt, since I would save all the e-mails, especially the one with the US address, and forward them to the FBI for mail fraud. Or, I can just block him. I really don't care either way.
Thoughts? I do keep in mind that Diamond Dave will possibly read this. I'll go with popular opinion.

By all means let him bid.  If he wins, we'll find out who his US connection is, and then we can all block him.  Then you can leave a neg, and entertain us with his pathetic attempts to bargain with you for a Mutual Withdraw. Plus you can post the correspondence for some giggles.

Ah, just block him. While that would all be entertaining, why put yourself through it.  But a thought, ask him who/where the US address is, so you can "check" on it to make sure it's legit. We'll at least get that name then.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:08 pm 

LOL, right after I sent the e-mail allowing him to bid, I got this:

thank you for the info it was really helpful,
Deadlord39

Oopsie......

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:37 pm 

That's unfortunate.   :(

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
--H.L. Mencken

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:58 am 

Deadlord39 wrote:LOL, right after I sent the e-mail allowing him to bid, I got this:

thank you for the info it was really helpful,
Deadlord39

Oopsie......

I'm not tracking...what happened?

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:50 am 

Not at all. Obviously he read the post yesterday. Simply look through all the people who logged in yesterday and today and you'll eventually turn him up.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:49 am 

Julian_grimm and increment both have 0 posts and visited yesterday.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:18 am 

You do not have to be a registered user to read the forums, just to post.

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 46 of 111123 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 109110111