Cougarrinard is now using Ebay ID of littleprincessfreya
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 45 of 111123 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 109110111
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:47 pm 

Like Jason, I have had almost all my buyers leave me feedback.  I think it's because I ask them to.  After they pay, I send them an email thanking them and telling them when I will ship.  I also tell them I will leave feedback after I ship, confirming the shipping date in the feedback, and ask that they leave me feedback when they receive the item so that I know it arrived safe and sound.  Also like Jason, I do not leave feedback first if I suspect they are a wacko.  (Let me hasten to add that if I have not left feedback first for you, gentle reader, you may rest assured that you are one of my favorite wackos.)

When I haven't heard from a buyer, I have sent emails asking if the item was received in good condition, because like you, Al, I just want to know all is well.  I have gotten good response from those as well.  And I would note that now that I am a seller, I am a much kinder buyer.

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:14 pm 

I'm to the point where I don't worry about getting feedback anymore.  If they leave it, they leave it.  If they don't, they don't.  I run a small but good business doing all the things I like as a customer.  I don't remind them to leave feedback.

However, I do have lots of loyal customers, and I use a mailing list.  Every other week I send out a brief description of what I am selling and link to my auctions.  I would rather people vote with their repeat bids on my auctions than leave me feedback.  If they want off the mailing list, I do my best to take them off.  I am trying to intrude on people's lives as little as possible.  And if you are running a good business and selling what people want, I think they actually like reminders from time to time.

Besides, I have a feedback score over 1000 with a 99.9% rating, which is plenty good enough to convince most people I'm legit and honest.  To me, the percentage means WAY more than the amount.  

I am concerned about people leaving me a negative, especially from newbs who don't know how E-Bay works or from those wanting to rip me off, so I have stopped leaving people feedback until they leave me feedback.  I hate it and that's not how I used to do it.  But, once you have been the victim of or suspect feedback extortion, it changes the way you do feedback.

That's what works for me and my customers for now.  They get good stuff, and I worry less. 8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:10 am 

I read this article earlier today and could not help but think of Al.  

http://www.startribune.com/484/story/1327501.html

8O

Firing a gun at the intended victim's place of business might have been going overboard though.   Okay, and burning down the trailer.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:27 am 

Guido-the-Gypsy wrote:I read this article earlier today and could not help but think of Al.  

http://www.startribune.com/484/story/1327501.html

8O

Firing a gun at the intended victim's place of business might have been going overboard though.   Okay, and burning down the trailer.

now THAT is what i call dealing with something :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:32 am 

killjoy32 wrote:now THAT is what i call dealing with something :DAl

One must be aggressive in dealing with people because they may have guns or whatnot in their trailers.  Better safe than sorry.  :wink:

People are fscking crazy.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:41 am 

JohnGaunt wrote:One must be aggressive in dealing with people because they may have guns or whatnot in their trailers.  Better safe than sorry.  :wink:

People are fscking crazy.

That's why I'm packing....for when Coug makes the long trip over here to burn my house down.  

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:06 pm 

Some serious crap going on there!   8O  
Sad, sad.

I don't doubt there is coming a day when someone does take a flight to get revenge on someone over something stupid like an E-Bay transaction.  And if I were a betting man, my money would be on Coug getting his come-uppins.  I mean, if someone's willing to drive 1300 miles, then using frequent flyer miles for a plane ticket isn't that much different.

I personally believe that in a fight, both sides are wrong.

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:27 pm 

benjoshua wrote:I personally believe that in a fight, both sides are wrong.

Not quite true - Al would be right! :lol:

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:27 pm 

And DM Dave would be wrong, of course!!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:25 pm 

The only one wrong in a fight is the loser. History is written by the victor. A little tidbit I picked up in the Marines, but it is true.
41 pages long and still no action.........

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:26 pm 

I am uncomfortable with jests about violence directed at Dave.

Not trying to be self-righteous, since I understand they are jests.  It just seems like something people might later regret.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:57 pm 

FormCritic wrote:I am uncomfortable with jests about violence directed at Dave.

Not trying to be self-righteous, since I understand they are jests.  It just seems like something people might later regret.

Interesting point made.

I guess the bottom line here is that if someone (anyone) stitched me up or tried to f*** me over then I would certainly be looking for some form of compensation/satisfaction. I don't think I'm the only one in the world who feels this way, so it would come as no surprise to me whatsover if DM Dave got some 'payback' down the line somewhere.

To play devils advocate just a bit - does anyone here think that the actions and attitudes of certain ebayers puts them in a postition where they 'deserve' a bloody good hiding? Let's face it if you actively look for trouble you will generally find it :twisted:

I'm not a fighting type par se but I am 2 for 2 for knocking on peoples doors and getting my money back - no more/no less.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:27 am 

just to make something perfectly clear here...as i wouldnt want to be thought of otherwise, i am actually a really nice person and one of the least confrontational guys you are likely to come across. i frankly cant be arsed wasting my energy on anyone who it isnt worth wasting it on.

however.

one thing in life i hate above most things is someone stitching me up. in an instance like that, if it requires it, i will face the problem face to face and resolve it. politely if possible. however, if the other person face to face, is such a dimbat and tries to take the piss further, then well, the additional aggravation would likely make me react.

BUT it would be a last resort, as i am sure it would for most folk.

i dont want you thinking that i would just do it for the sake of it, cos i am not like that :) seriously i am not.

all i want is the problem to be resolved. if it is then cool. if it isnt then.....

'nuff said.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:09 am 

I agree with this statement.

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:59 am 

Only if the person making those jests ends up in prison with Dave.  Of course, Dave would be the bitch who picked up the soap from the floor, but that goes without saying.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:29 am 

Traveller wrote:Only if the person making those jests ends up in prison with Dave.  Of course, Dave would be the bitch who picked up the soap from the floor, but that goes without saying.

"Hey, Dave!  Is that an M-bag stitting over there in the corner?"   :D

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:11 am 

It would be a sweet irony if he ended up in prison sewing mail bags!

Otherworld Miniatures Webshop - http://www.otherworld.me.uk/store.html

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:41 pm 

If he goes to prison, methinks the only bags he'll be dealing with will be the ones bumping his chin.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 45 of 111123 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 109110111