Cougarrinard is now using Ebay ID of littleprincessfreya
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 45 of 111123 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:30 pm 

lawrenson wrote:
We were probably just behind you. The Missus bid on quite a few things (tho only won one - it was more to help the auction along a bit, as it was rather sad).

I reckon, in the right market, that boxing picure would have been worth 1K+, not the £55 it went for.

Cheers,
malc

aha was that you! missus was sat on the end of the table? you were facing me i think and had to look left to the stage? if so we were sat next to you on the next table to your right as you look at the stage.

damn! :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:18 am 

Cougie's newest neg:

What is funny, isn't the neg itself, but the reply Cougie left to the guy when he negged him:

new user cannot read terms, does not take insurance then uses chargeback AVOID Seller: cougarrinard ( 7513)  Jul-13-07 08:42
Reply by ajtucker99 (Jul-15-07 11:06):
learn about your vendor responsibilities and what good customer service means.
Follow-up by cougarrinard (Jul-15-07 14:0
LEARN TO READ TERMS, MY 37,000 +FB = GOOD ENOUGH CUST SERV, 36,908 MORE THAN U?

TSR AD&D BIRTHRIGHT CAMPAIGN SETTING 3100 VGC- (#120116839329)

I love the way Coug has to throw in the "I've got more FB than you do, nah nah nah!"  Whoever said that Coug is obsessed with feedback they are right on the money.  If we didn't have this guy we'd have to invent him.....

Mike b.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:56 am 

Hi,

guy worked the system tho - and got his money back. Kudos to him.

Cheers,
Malc

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:30 am 

Here's a transaction where the Coug left a negative for a positive feedback...the guy's FIRST ever neg, btw....always a class act, that guy:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Mike B

This posting by Mike clearly proves that coug is obsessed with his feedback.

You would think a powerseller who recieves hundreds of feedback comments a week would only take/have the time to read the negs or neutrals. I'm positive now that he's read all 37,000 feedback comments.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:52 pm 

my ratio of feedback left for me against feedback not left for me is about 65/35

doesnt feel right hassling folk to leave it?

what do you think? is there a way to ask without appearing to do that?

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:35 pm 

Al,

I am not a major seller by any stretch, but in the 170+ sales that I have had there was only once that somebody did not leave me feedback.

I did not ask (beg?) but just figured that they must have their own reason for not doing so.

Typically I will leave feedback when I receive payment. I realize that this leaves me open for negative feedback without recourse but the way I look at it, once a customer has paid they have fulfilled their part of the bargain. My job at that point is to safely package the item and ship it.

The only time I don't leave feedback until I receive it is when a customer exhibits any strange behavior or is very late to pay for an item.

But that's just my 8 farthings!

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:39 pm 

Ekim Toor wrote:
This posting by Mike clearly proves that coug is obsessed with his feedback.

You would think a powerseller who recieves hundreds of feedback comments a week would only take/have the time to read the negs or neutrals. I'm positive now that he's read all 37,000 feedback comments.

His most effective reply would have been silence, since the negative comment would have been almost instantly buried.  Dave must get so angry over even the smallest slight that he has to respond.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:18 pm 

jasonw1239 wrote:Al,

I am not a major seller by any stretch, but in the 170+ sales that I have had there was only once that somebody did not leave me feedback.

I did not ask (beg?) but just figured that they must have their own reason for not doing so.

Typically I will leave feedback when I receive payment. I realize that this leaves me open for negative feedback without recourse but the way I look at it, once a customer has paid they have fulfilled their part of the bargain. My job at that point is to safely package the item and ship it.

The only time I don't leave feedback until I receive it is when a customer exhibits any strange behavior or is very late to pay for an item.

But that's just my 8 farthings!

well i just worry that something isnt right or something, know what i mean? if something isnt, i like to sort it, dont like leaving a problem hanging so to speak. i do like a happy buyer

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:47 pm 

Like Jason, I have had almost all my buyers leave me feedback.  I think it's because I ask them to.  After they pay, I send them an email thanking them and telling them when I will ship.  I also tell them I will leave feedback after I ship, confirming the shipping date in the feedback, and ask that they leave me feedback when they receive the item so that I know it arrived safe and sound.  Also like Jason, I do not leave feedback first if I suspect they are a wacko.  (Let me hasten to add that if I have not left feedback first for you, gentle reader, you may rest assured that you are one of my favorite wackos.)

When I haven't heard from a buyer, I have sent emails asking if the item was received in good condition, because like you, Al, I just want to know all is well.  I have gotten good response from those as well.  And I would note that now that I am a seller, I am a much kinder buyer.

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:14 pm 

I'm to the point where I don't worry about getting feedback anymore.  If they leave it, they leave it.  If they don't, they don't.  I run a small but good business doing all the things I like as a customer.  I don't remind them to leave feedback.

However, I do have lots of loyal customers, and I use a mailing list.  Every other week I send out a brief description of what I am selling and link to my auctions.  I would rather people vote with their repeat bids on my auctions than leave me feedback.  If they want off the mailing list, I do my best to take them off.  I am trying to intrude on people's lives as little as possible.  And if you are running a good business and selling what people want, I think they actually like reminders from time to time.

Besides, I have a feedback score over 1000 with a 99.9% rating, which is plenty good enough to convince most people I'm legit and honest.  To me, the percentage means WAY more than the amount.  

I am concerned about people leaving me a negative, especially from newbs who don't know how E-Bay works or from those wanting to rip me off, so I have stopped leaving people feedback until they leave me feedback.  I hate it and that's not how I used to do it.  But, once you have been the victim of or suspect feedback extortion, it changes the way you do feedback.

That's what works for me and my customers for now.  They get good stuff, and I worry less. 8)

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:10 am 

I read this article earlier today and could not help but think of Al.  

http://www.startribune.com/484/story/1327501.html

8O

Firing a gun at the intended victim's place of business might have been going overboard though.   Okay, and burning down the trailer.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:27 am 

Guido-the-Gypsy wrote:I read this article earlier today and could not help but think of Al.  

http://www.startribune.com/484/story/1327501.html

8O

Firing a gun at the intended victim's place of business might have been going overboard though.   Okay, and burning down the trailer.

now THAT is what i call dealing with something :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:32 am 

killjoy32 wrote:now THAT is what i call dealing with something :DAl

One must be aggressive in dealing with people because they may have guns or whatnot in their trailers.  Better safe than sorry.  :wink:

People are fscking crazy.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:41 am 

JohnGaunt wrote:One must be aggressive in dealing with people because they may have guns or whatnot in their trailers.  Better safe than sorry.  :wink:

People are fscking crazy.

That's why I'm packing....for when Coug makes the long trip over here to burn my house down.  

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:06 pm 

Some serious crap going on there!   8O  
Sad, sad.

I don't doubt there is coming a day when someone does take a flight to get revenge on someone over something stupid like an E-Bay transaction.  And if I were a betting man, my money would be on Coug getting his come-uppins.  I mean, if someone's willing to drive 1300 miles, then using frequent flyer miles for a plane ticket isn't that much different.

I personally believe that in a fight, both sides are wrong.

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:27 pm 

benjoshua wrote:I personally believe that in a fight, both sides are wrong.

Not quite true - Al would be right! :lol:

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:27 pm 

And DM Dave would be wrong, of course!!

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:25 pm 

The only one wrong in a fight is the loser. History is written by the victor. A little tidbit I picked up in the Marines, but it is true.
41 pages long and still no action.........

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 45 of 111123 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 109110111