Cougarrinard is now using Ebay ID of littleprincessfreya
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 44 of 111123 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 109110111
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:49 pm 

I must admit I've made alot of purchases from cougs early in my collecting career. Not all the stuff was perfect by any means but for large scale purchases of "reading copy" quality common items that a UK based buyer can acquire cheaply and and in bulk they were good deals. Even allowing for larger than average postage charges the buy price usually makes the deals more than viable. Most of cougs business is based on this.

I'm stacked out now on this type of gear so won't be buying anymore. Now when I look to buy an item I'm logging into Ebay with a 2-3 item list so I go to a seller who will get me what I want at a quality I know I'll be happy with.

I'm sure alot of you will want to vilify me for taking what perhaps was, and is, a shortsighted view but ultimately there's many buyers getting what they wanted at a price they liked. Lots of collectors have neither the financial resources nor the time to source copies of perfect collectables and Cougs does a good job of servicing that sector of the buying population. It's what the majority of his feedback consists of in fact.

I'm not backing his business practices in general but he wouldn't be in business at all if wasn't seeing to the needs of a large section of buyers.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:05 pm 

Has anyone alerted this seller?

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Thats a chunk of change to have to loose!

I'm the buyer that cougie sniped to win this auction. I politely sent the seller an email, asking that since he stipulated US Bidders Only, would he by chance be sending me a "second chance offer?" Didn't mention anything about the "winning" bidder, though.

No reply as of now, and I emailed him about an hour after the auction ended. I wish him the best if he sells to Coug...Lord knows with all the words about him on the Acaeum lately he is probably minding his P's and Q's as much as he can. I am sure the seller will have no issues, given that.

If nothing else, all will go well because Cougar doesn't want my "non-selling" as* to get a second chance offer on a lot he "wun faeir and SQUARE"...

:roll:

Original 28mm fantasy gaming miniatures at http://www.centerstageminis.com

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:02 pm 

The seller that I sent the e-mail to replied back with "Well, anything that has a customs number on it is trackable". Fuk him, let him get burned if he's that stupid.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:50 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:The seller that I sent the e-mail to replied back with "Well, anything that has a customs number on it is trackable". Fuk him, let him get burned if he's that stupid.

Well, it's trackable to the country...at which point, the USPS stops tracking it. It doesn't hand hold the item to the final destination. He'll find out soon enough.....doink.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:07 pm 

Lewisexi wrote:I must admit I've made alot of purchases from cougs early in my collecting career. Not all the stuff was perfect by any means but for large scale purchases of "reading copy" quality common items that a UK based buyer can acquire cheaply and and in bulk they were good deals. Even allowing for larger than average postage charges the buy price usually makes the deals more than viable. Most of cougs business is based on this.

From my admittedly fairly short-term perspective, it seems like the majority of the people who have problems/hassles with cougie are overseas buyers...which is interesting, since I would imagine most of his business is actually done with UK bidders. Is it possible he treats his British customers differently than his foreign ones, knowing that the second group will likely have less recourse/impact on his business when he screws them?

"i consider myslef lucky that i am not in your clicky web site stainers one & all" - littleprincessfreya aka cougarrinard

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:51 pm 

schief wrote:
From my admittedly fairly short-term perspective, it seems like the majority of the people who have problems/hassles with cougie are overseas buyers...which is interesting, since I would imagine most of his business is actually done with UK bidders. Is it possible he treats his British customers differently than his foreign ones, knowing that the second group will likely have less recourse/impact on his business when he screws them?

I think the knowledge a UK customer could show up on his doorstep demanding restitution, is a very, very large factor in Cougie's American-bashing ways.....although there has been the occasional UK buyer who got punked also..

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:02 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
Malc

i got there bang on 7pm and the guy wouldnt let me down to the trade hall, so couldnt come n meet you.

Al

The Trade Hall shut at 6 pm so that was probably fair enough  :D

We did hang around a bit on the Saturday night, generally schmoozing, and watched the auction (such as it was).

Cheers,
Malc

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:42 am 

lawrenson wrote:
The Trade Hall shut at 6 pm so that was probably fair enough  :D

We did hang around a bit on the Saturday night, generally schmoozing, and watched the auction (such as it was).

Cheers,
Malc

yeah we did too - i was sat right at the front with my daughter, commenting on smelly some of the folk were. i didnt see you however (not that i would have know WHO to look for of course :D)

never mind, maybe another time eh

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:50 am 

Badmike wrote:
I think the knowledge a UK customer could show up on his doorstep demanding restitution, is a very, very large factor in Cougie's American-bashing ways.....although there has been the occasional UK buyer who got punked also..

Mike B.

Considering how cheap airfare is to the UK, and the size of some of these lots, I don't see why he'd make a distinction.  For $400, I'd be knocking on his door within the week if I had to...

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:11 am 

deimos3428 wrote:Considering how cheap airfare is to the UK, and the size of some of these lots, I don't see why he'd make a distinction.  For $400, I'd be knocking on his door within the week if I had to...

there would be less problems if more folk did that.

most i find, dont like confrontation like that. sitting behind a keyboard where nobody can see you kinda creates a feeling of invunerability, where you can't be held to account for your actions.

so if the instance requires it, you need to bridge that gap.

works for me.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:36 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
there would be less problems if more folk did that.

most i find, dont like confrontation like that. sitting behind a keyboard where nobody can see you kinda creates a feeling of invunerability, where you can't be held to account for your actions.

so if the instance requires it, you need to bridge that gap.

works for me.

Al

Actually after I posted that I realized I was a bit off.  It'd probably take me a month or two to find a discount flight, not a week. ;)

YIM  

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:54 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
yeah we did too - i was sat right at the front with my daughter, commenting on smelly some of the folk were. i didnt see you however (not that i would have know WHO to look for of course :D)
Al

We were probably just behind you. The Missus bid on quite a few things (tho only won one - it was more to help the auction along a bit, as it was rather sad).

I reckon, in the right market, that boxing picure would have been worth 1K+, not the £55 it went for.

Cheers,
malc

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:30 pm 

lawrenson wrote:
We were probably just behind you. The Missus bid on quite a few things (tho only won one - it was more to help the auction along a bit, as it was rather sad).

I reckon, in the right market, that boxing picure would have been worth 1K+, not the £55 it went for.

Cheers,
malc

aha was that you! missus was sat on the end of the table? you were facing me i think and had to look left to the stage? if so we were sat next to you on the next table to your right as you look at the stage.

damn! :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:18 am 

Cougie's newest neg:

What is funny, isn't the neg itself, but the reply Cougie left to the guy when he negged him:

new user cannot read terms, does not take insurance then uses chargeback AVOID Seller: cougarrinard ( 7513)  Jul-13-07 08:42
Reply by ajtucker99 (Jul-15-07 11:06):
learn about your vendor responsibilities and what good customer service means.
Follow-up by cougarrinard (Jul-15-07 14:0
LEARN TO READ TERMS, MY 37,000 +FB = GOOD ENOUGH CUST SERV, 36,908 MORE THAN U?

TSR AD&D BIRTHRIGHT CAMPAIGN SETTING 3100 VGC- (#120116839329)

I love the way Coug has to throw in the "I've got more FB than you do, nah nah nah!"  Whoever said that Coug is obsessed with feedback they are right on the money.  If we didn't have this guy we'd have to invent him.....

Mike b.

NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:56 am 

Hi,

guy worked the system tho - and got his money back. Kudos to him.

Cheers,
Malc

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:30 am 

Here's a transaction where the Coug left a negative for a positive feedback...the guy's FIRST ever neg, btw....always a class act, that guy:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Mike B

This posting by Mike clearly proves that coug is obsessed with his feedback.

You would think a powerseller who recieves hundreds of feedback comments a week would only take/have the time to read the negs or neutrals. I'm positive now that he's read all 37,000 feedback comments.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:52 pm 

my ratio of feedback left for me against feedback not left for me is about 65/35

doesnt feel right hassling folk to leave it?

what do you think? is there a way to ask without appearing to do that?

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:35 pm 

Al,

I am not a major seller by any stretch, but in the 170+ sales that I have had there was only once that somebody did not leave me feedback.

I did not ask (beg?) but just figured that they must have their own reason for not doing so.

Typically I will leave feedback when I receive payment. I realize that this leaves me open for negative feedback without recourse but the way I look at it, once a customer has paid they have fulfilled their part of the bargain. My job at that point is to safely package the item and ship it.

The only time I don't leave feedback until I receive it is when a customer exhibits any strange behavior or is very late to pay for an item.

But that's just my 8 farthings!

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 44 of 111123 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 109110111