Cougarrinard is now using Ebay ID of littleprincessfreya
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 44 of 111123 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 109110111
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:04 pm 

She had a talk with someone who was enquiring why everyone on the Acaeum picked on Cougie.

She soon explained things...  :D

Cheers,
Malc

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:10 pm 

He is doing it again.

In this auction he asked this seller if he could bid and the seller said no, US and Canada only:

http://cgi.ebay.com/12-Dungeon-Magazine ... dZViewItem

and then wins  this from the same seller:

http://cgi.ebay.com/TSR-Dungeons-Dragon ... dZViewItem

I think I'll educate another of the "unfortunate"

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:23 pm 

Kosh Vorlontay wrote:He is doing it again.

In this auction he asked this seller if he could bid and the seller said no, US and Canada only:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

and then wins  this from the same seller:

I think I'll educate another of the "unfortunate"

I sent him a query through the above auction that the coug won of his, this is what I sent him:

In the following auction, the buyer asked if he could bid and you said no, US and Canada only:

He then proceed to bid anyway on your auctions and wins this current auction from you.

I am contacting you to let you know that this individual has certain "practices and tactics" that I think you might need to be made aware of.

For information please go to this website:  

viewforum.php?f=1  

and type in his ebay handle in the search pattern and read about him. It is very "enlightening" and might save you alot of grief and money.

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:26 pm 

lawrenson wrote:She had a talk with someone who was enquiring why everyone on the Acaeum picked on Cougie.

She soon explained things...  :D

Cheers,
Malc

Malc

i got there bang on 7pm and the guy wouldnt let me down to the trade hall, so couldnt come n meet you.

will have to organise my day better next time i guess - bloody daughter was farting about, thats why we got there late.

ah well maybe next time.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:36 pm 

Has anyone alerted this seller?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0123487465

Thats a chunk of change to have to loose!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:36 pm 

It seems like Coug is making a lot of purchases lately.  Maybe he's running low on stock? :?:

And he's currently bidding on:

With a postage rate of $17.80 to the UK.  Ouch!

Truth is worth finding and life is too short to work for money.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:49 pm 

I must admit I've made alot of purchases from cougs early in my collecting career. Not all the stuff was perfect by any means but for large scale purchases of "reading copy" quality common items that a UK based buyer can acquire cheaply and and in bulk they were good deals. Even allowing for larger than average postage charges the buy price usually makes the deals more than viable. Most of cougs business is based on this.

I'm stacked out now on this type of gear so won't be buying anymore. Now when I look to buy an item I'm logging into Ebay with a 2-3 item list so I go to a seller who will get me what I want at a quality I know I'll be happy with.

I'm sure alot of you will want to vilify me for taking what perhaps was, and is, a shortsighted view but ultimately there's many buyers getting what they wanted at a price they liked. Lots of collectors have neither the financial resources nor the time to source copies of perfect collectables and Cougs does a good job of servicing that sector of the buying population. It's what the majority of his feedback consists of in fact.

I'm not backing his business practices in general but he wouldn't be in business at all if wasn't seeing to the needs of a large section of buyers.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:05 pm 

Has anyone alerted this seller?

Thats a chunk of change to have to loose!

I'm the buyer that cougie sniped to win this auction. I politely sent the seller an email, asking that since he stipulated US Bidders Only, would he by chance be sending me a "second chance offer?" Didn't mention anything about the "winning" bidder, though.

No reply as of now, and I emailed him about an hour after the auction ended. I wish him the best if he sells to Coug...Lord knows with all the words about him on the Acaeum lately he is probably minding his P's and Q's as much as he can. I am sure the seller will have no issues, given that.

If nothing else, all will go well because Cougar doesn't want my "non-selling" as* to get a second chance offer on a lot he "wun faeir and SQUARE"...

:roll:

Original 28mm fantasy gaming miniatures at http://www.centerstageminis.com

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:02 pm 

The seller that I sent the e-mail to replied back with "Well, anything that has a customs number on it is trackable". Fuk him, let him get burned if he's that stupid.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:50 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:The seller that I sent the e-mail to replied back with "Well, anything that has a customs number on it is trackable". Fuk him, let him get burned if he's that stupid.

Well, it's trackable to the country...at which point, the USPS stops tracking it. It doesn't hand hold the item to the final destination. He'll find out soon enough.....doink.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:07 pm 

Lewisexi wrote:I must admit I've made alot of purchases from cougs early in my collecting career. Not all the stuff was perfect by any means but for large scale purchases of "reading copy" quality common items that a UK based buyer can acquire cheaply and and in bulk they were good deals. Even allowing for larger than average postage charges the buy price usually makes the deals more than viable. Most of cougs business is based on this.

From my admittedly fairly short-term perspective, it seems like the majority of the people who have problems/hassles with cougie are overseas buyers...which is interesting, since I would imagine most of his business is actually done with UK bidders. Is it possible he treats his British customers differently than his foreign ones, knowing that the second group will likely have less recourse/impact on his business when he screws them?

"i consider myslef lucky that i am not in your clicky web site stainers one & all" - littleprincessfreya aka cougarrinard

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:51 pm 

schief wrote:
From my admittedly fairly short-term perspective, it seems like the majority of the people who have problems/hassles with cougie are overseas buyers...which is interesting, since I would imagine most of his business is actually done with UK bidders. Is it possible he treats his British customers differently than his foreign ones, knowing that the second group will likely have less recourse/impact on his business when he screws them?

I think the knowledge a UK customer could show up on his doorstep demanding restitution, is a very, very large factor in Cougie's American-bashing ways.....although there has been the occasional UK buyer who got punked also..

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:02 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
Malc

i got there bang on 7pm and the guy wouldnt let me down to the trade hall, so couldnt come n meet you.

Al

The Trade Hall shut at 6 pm so that was probably fair enough  :D

We did hang around a bit on the Saturday night, generally schmoozing, and watched the auction (such as it was).

Cheers,
Malc

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:42 am 

lawrenson wrote:
The Trade Hall shut at 6 pm so that was probably fair enough  :D

We did hang around a bit on the Saturday night, generally schmoozing, and watched the auction (such as it was).

Cheers,
Malc

yeah we did too - i was sat right at the front with my daughter, commenting on smelly some of the folk were. i didnt see you however (not that i would have know WHO to look for of course :D)

never mind, maybe another time eh

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:50 am 

Badmike wrote:
I think the knowledge a UK customer could show up on his doorstep demanding restitution, is a very, very large factor in Cougie's American-bashing ways.....although there has been the occasional UK buyer who got punked also..

Mike B.

Considering how cheap airfare is to the UK, and the size of some of these lots, I don't see why he'd make a distinction.  For $400, I'd be knocking on his door within the week if I had to...

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:11 am 

deimos3428 wrote:Considering how cheap airfare is to the UK, and the size of some of these lots, I don't see why he'd make a distinction.  For $400, I'd be knocking on his door within the week if I had to...

there would be less problems if more folk did that.

most i find, dont like confrontation like that. sitting behind a keyboard where nobody can see you kinda creates a feeling of invunerability, where you can't be held to account for your actions.

so if the instance requires it, you need to bridge that gap.

works for me.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:36 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
there would be less problems if more folk did that.

most i find, dont like confrontation like that. sitting behind a keyboard where nobody can see you kinda creates a feeling of invunerability, where you can't be held to account for your actions.

so if the instance requires it, you need to bridge that gap.

works for me.

Al

Actually after I posted that I realized I was a bit off.  It'd probably take me a month or two to find a discount flight, not a week. ;)

YIM  

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:54 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
yeah we did too - i was sat right at the front with my daughter, commenting on smelly some of the folk were. i didnt see you however (not that i would have know WHO to look for of course :D)
Al

We were probably just behind you. The Missus bid on quite a few things (tho only won one - it was more to help the auction along a bit, as it was rather sad).

I reckon, in the right market, that boxing picure would have been worth 1K+, not the £55 it went for.

Cheers,
malc

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 44 of 111123 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 109110111