Cougarrinard is now using Ebay ID of littleprincessfreya
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 43 of 111123 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 109110111
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:15 pm 

I have Cougarrinard blocked from bidding on anything I auction, and I will never bid on an item of his. If more did the same, perhaps we could retire this thread.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:49 pm 

Yeah, that ain't gonna happen. Just for fun, I decided to check something... I went to ebay.co.uk and ran a search for everything with TSR in it, under the roleplaying section, and like 500 items show up. Then, I go to the advanced search and exclude mister cougie... 5 items (yeah, a whole 5!) show up. People will go where they have to go. If he's the only option, he wins.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:31 am 

serleran wrote: I went to ebay.co.uk and ran a search for everything with TSR in it, under the roleplaying section, and like 500 items show up. Then, I go to the advanced search and exclude mister cougie... 5 items (yeah, a whole 5!) show up.

Are you sure that you aren't excluding more than you should?  That sounds impossibly low.

Do buyers and sellers in the UK prefer to use ebay.com instead of ebay.co.uk?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:02 am 

I don't think many ppl put "TSR" in their Headers.

AD&D, D&D or Dungeons & Dragons, are more popular.

Cheers,
Malcolm

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:35 am 

lawrenson wrote:I don't think many ppl put "TSR" in their Headers.

AD&D, D&D or Dungeons & Dragons, are more popular.

Cheers,
Malcolm

yeah i never search for TSR i have to say.

always AD&D or D&D etc

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:37 am 

Its possible, and likely, that the search criteria "TSR" isn't used by many. I did not try with AD&D, D&D, or anything like that, figuring TSR would be a good indicator. I do wonder what it is like just with D&D, though...

Doing a search with cougar removed, there were 349 items (just with the search of D&D, this time.) Nothing else excluded, and no time limits or price limits.

With him allowed (not excluded), there were 579. Same search but "any sellers" chosen.

That's 230 items on his own, or about 40% of the whole offering.

I still say with that market penetration its not likely he's going away any time soon.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:54 am 

Hi,

quite frankly, unless its a very rare or unusual item, it just isn't worth me listing stuff on Ebay.

I can get vastly more dosh taking the lot to shows and conventions, and tagging on to Mrs Malcolms card stall.

I get a minimum of £5.00 ($10) for any module unless its damaged. You don't have to sell much for it to add up. People don't mind paying a bit extra if they can see what they're getting, plus they don't have to pay postage.

Stuff on Ebay sells for peanuts, and I won't be party to the "Postage makes profit" mentality.

Cheers,
Malc

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:38 pm 

On the other side of the coin, where does Cougie get all his stock that he sells on ebay?  Does he get it at local shows, ebay.uk auction wins, or by pulling the pirate routine on US ebay auctions?  Where does he get such a large volume of stuff to sell?

It's obvious that ebay is not going to do anything about him.  He makes them too much money.  But if his supply of stuff to sell dried up, maybe the problem would correct itself.  Not sure how we would accomplish that, but it's an idea.

Anyways, as a newer collector of D&D material, I give this website a thumbs up for all the help it has provided to me.  Because of this website, my block list on ebay has grown significantly.  So consider me a "success story" as The Acaeum has allowed me to block the cougie in advance and keep me from ever dealing with him or his US sock puppets.  Thanks and keep posting information on this topic.  Reading about the Cougie is my version of a soap opera, I've just got to check in every day to see what's happening in today's episode! :)

Ben.S.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:48 pm 

lawrenson wrote:Hi,

quite frankly, unless its a very rare or unusual item, it just isn't worth me listing stuff on Ebay.

I can get vastly more dosh taking the lot to shows and conventions, and tagging on to Mrs Malcolms card stall.

I get a minimum of £5.00 ($10) for any module unless its damaged. You don't have to sell much for it to add up. People don't mind paying a bit extra if they can see what they're getting, plus they don't have to pay postage.

Stuff on Ebay sells for peanuts, and I won't be party to the "Postage makes profit" mentality.

Cheers,
Malc

hey malc

i need to speak to you about this show thing as well.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:07 pm 

From what I can gather this is probably the #1 resource on the Internet for early edition D&D. A treasure trove of information, well supported facts and advice, opinions etc. In other words, it's credibility is sky high. That is, until it comes to devoting entire threads to one particular seller, that's when the credibility takes a hit in my humble, newbie opinion.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:58 pm 

megnelwil wrote:From what I can gather this is probably the #1 resource on the Internet for early edition D&D. A treasure trove of information, well supported facts and advice, opinions etc. In other words, it's credibility is sky high. That is, until it comes to devoting entire threads to one particular seller, that's when the credibility takes a hit in my humble, newbie opinion.

And because you're a newbie, we'll give you the benefit of the doubt. If you wish to read the entire thread, and even go back to the Shady Dealers thread of old to find some Cougie nuggets, then still wish to five a high five to Cougar, at least you were informed.  It's very possible you simply aren't experienced enough in knowledge to realize the mound of evidence against Cougie on several fronts...all of which HAS HAPPENED...not simple speculation.  Some of the documented examples:

1.  Leaving negative feedback for a positive (documented above)

2.  Harassing buyers mercilessly for positive feedback...to be left first, you understand, before Cougie leaves any.

3.  Bidding on auctions that clearly state "US Only"

4.  After winning the auctions, badgering the seller into accepting his winning bid, even though it was clearly stated the seller wasn't selling outside the US, by threatening to report them to Ebay;

5.  Badgering US sellers into sending items via M-Bag, an untraceable and unreliable method of overseas shipping;

6.  Saying the items "never arrrived", yet months later the exact same items turn up for sale in his ebay store;

7.  Then charging back the paypal payments on the "lost" items, allowing Cougie to keep the items AND pocket his money;

8. Not replying to queries about postage, then overcharging excessively when the item is won;

9. Holding private auctions for photocopies of rare RPG items;

10.  Shipping items that are missing maps, cards, tokens, pieces or other necessary items, then blaming the buyer that he/she didn't SPECIFICALLY ask whether the items were included (despite in many cases being essential to the play/worth of the item);

11. Listing every single item he sells as "VGC", for the purpose of disguising incomplete or damaged items with an innocuous grading term;

12.  Selling homemade clay and playdoh figures as "miniatures";

13.  Starting a second EBay name to sell RPGS under, specifically for the purpose of hiding out for awhile as negs were piling up on the Cougarrinard Ebay name, then abruptly abandoning the name and making the feedback private when the ruse got too public and the new name started accumulating negs (thus the name of the thread)...

14.  Accumulating "mutual withdrawls" at an incredible rate, as he uses the Ebay system to neg any opposition then badger them into the MW so as to protect both their feedback (his 65+MDs are quite a large amount if you survey any other comperable Ebay RPG sellers);

15.  Filing a NPB on anyone who has left him a negative, WHEN HE HAS BEEN PAID, thus allowing Ebay to "cancel" the neg, after which Cougie then cancels the NPB notice so as not to face retaliation from Ebay for illegally filing a report;

16.  Has shown incredible contempt and hatred to this forum, one in which you think the "credibility is sky high", by dismissing it's members and research in his About Me page for several years (his inarticulate diatribe has recently been removed);

17.  Unlike other Ebay members, has refused to ever come on the site and defend or explain his actions, instead has silently and secretly trolled the forum under an assumed name, cowardly reacting to postings here through his About Me page instead of believing in himself and his business enough to reply face to face to criticism;

18. Declared at one point he was a "Titanium Power Seller", terms of which at the time were FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS A MONTH, which would mean Cougie was making $600,000 dollars a year on RPG selling...part of a sleazy pattern of lying that permeates everything he says or does (many other lies and falsehoods reported on his ABout Me page through the years too numerous to mention..);

19  Engages in "Feedback Purchasing" regularly when his feedback falls below a certain level, or his negs pile up, which is in clear violation of Ebay policies;

20.  Attempting to "corner the market" on certain ebay items, specifically his campaign to buy every H1 being offered at an inflated price, only to turn around and list them at an even MORE inflated price in his store (while this endeavor did fail miserably, and it is not illegal to do so, it IS quite in bad taste to greedily drive the price up of a particular item in hopes of both making an excessive profit and keeping the items out of the hands of legitimate collectors...

I could go on...and on...but these were just off the TOP OF MY HEAD..and I'm sure Ive forgotten some classic Cougie bon mots over the years, there have been so many (notice I didn't even note his inarticulate, misspelled rambles.....I have always had the theory he's dyslexic, which is unfortunate and probably he can't do anything about..or the allegations of shilling, which he almost certainly does yet has never been proven)  With this mound of evidence, I personally feel I would NOT be doing a service to the hobby and business I love if I DIDNT make this information public...which, BTW, leads to dozens of newbies like yourself every year thanking the members of this forum profusely for warning them about Cougie and his tactics before they become a victim.  
 I would personally wonder about the credibility of someone who PRAISED Cougie..for, as the gone and not-lamented Danteisevil proved, they are often merely a sock puppet of the Evil Cougie Empire.  
 But as always, YMMV.  I hope you yourself never face a problem with him, because he will steam roll you like he does dozens of others when he wants to get his way.....

Mike B.

Last edited by Badmike on Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:45 pm 

Well, for the record, I'm not praising el coug, but I do find it interesting that he'd have so many things available. I can understand the urge to buy from him, seeing as it would seem to be the only option in some palces,for some things, unless you happen to be able to remember "there's always another one." :) Anyway, I've told my yum to not buy from the account, so we're safe, here, and it is all thanks to this thread (and the few that sprang up elsewhere...)

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:49 pm 

megnelwil wrote:From what I can gather this is probably the #1 resource on the Internet for early edition D&D. A treasure trove of information, well supported facts and advice, opinions etc. In other words, it's credibility is sky high. That is, until it comes to devoting entire threads to one particular seller, that's when the credibility takes a hit in my humble, newbie opinion.

Hi,

were you the bloke my Missus (Karen from House Atreides) was talking to at Game07?

Cheers,
malc

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:56 pm 

lawrenson wrote:
Hi,

were you the bloke my Missus (Karen from House Atreides) was talking to at Game07?

Cheers,
malc

Wasn't there. Sorry!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:04 pm 

She had a talk with someone who was enquiring why everyone on the Acaeum picked on Cougie.

She soon explained things...  :D

Cheers,
Malc

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:10 pm 

He is doing it again.

In this auction he asked this seller if he could bid and the seller said no, US and Canada only:

http://cgi.ebay.com/12-Dungeon-Magazine ... dZViewItem

and then wins  this from the same seller:

http://cgi.ebay.com/TSR-Dungeons-Dragon ... dZViewItem

I think I'll educate another of the "unfortunate"

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:23 pm 

Kosh Vorlontay wrote:He is doing it again.

In this auction he asked this seller if he could bid and the seller said no, US and Canada only:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

and then wins  this from the same seller:

I think I'll educate another of the "unfortunate"

I sent him a query through the above auction that the coug won of his, this is what I sent him:

In the following auction, the buyer asked if he could bid and you said no, US and Canada only:

He then proceed to bid anyway on your auctions and wins this current auction from you.

I am contacting you to let you know that this individual has certain "practices and tactics" that I think you might need to be made aware of.

For information please go to this website:  

viewforum.php?f=1  

and type in his ebay handle in the search pattern and read about him. It is very "enlightening" and might save you alot of grief and money.

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:26 pm 

lawrenson wrote:She had a talk with someone who was enquiring why everyone on the Acaeum picked on Cougie.

She soon explained things...  :D

Cheers,
Malc

Malc

i got there bang on 7pm and the guy wouldnt let me down to the trade hall, so couldnt come n meet you.

will have to organise my day better next time i guess - bloody daughter was farting about, thats why we got there late.

ah well maybe next time.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 43 of 111123 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 109110111