Cougarrinard is now using Ebay ID of littleprincessfreya
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 42 of 111123 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 109110111
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:13 pm 

Hey all,
i just wanted to give an update on my cougie incident back in May when he bid on my "US only" auction. See page 23 in this thread for more details.

Anyways, I thought the incident was over, but then last week he filed an "Item not received" dispute.  In the dispute he claimed that he sent payment via "other" on May 13, which is untrue and strange because he filed a "non selling seller" complaint against me on May 9 due to the fact that I sold the item to somebody else as a second-chance offer.  Also, I only accept paypal, so for him to say he sent payment via "other" is also a complete fabrication.

To fight fire with fire, I was going to submit a "non paying buyer" complaint.  But when I tried to do that, I found out that the 45 day period for filing such a  complaint had expired.

What I found out was that a buyer has a 60 day period to file a complaint while the seller only has a 45 day period.  Cougie used this 15 day window to file a complaint against me and I was unable to file a counter complaint.  Talk about exploiting a loophole.

Well, today I found out that cougie withdrew his "non paying buyer" complaint.  Not sure why he did that.  Maybe he discovered that he didn't actually pay for the item and that his fabricated claim of sending payment could get him in trouble.

regards,
Dustin

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:50 pm 

Badmike wrote:Here's a transaction where the Coug left a negative for a positive feedback...the guy's FIRST ever neg, btw....always a class act, that guy:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Mike B.

now i never like getting involved in this, but THAT is extremely unfair and certainly does not warrant a negative FB. the guy didnt do anything wrong. thats not a "dig", it was a perfectly noted comment. would the sensible thing to do not have been reply with a pos FB and comment accordingly?

oh well.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:51 pm 

So, anybody want to warn unclecj7 to be on the lookout for the cat's normal shipping scams if cougie wins the three auctions?

(  

)

I'd offer to do it, but I don't want it to appear that I'm just a bitter bidder who lost the items. :)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:54 pm 

g026r wrote:So, anybody want to warn unclecj7 to be on the lookout for the cat's normal shipping scams if cougie wins the three auctions?

Here's an even "better" one:

12 Dungeon Magazine Lot.. The first year Near Mint AD&D

Ships to:        United States, Canada

Q:          I am 7,477 rated, a Powerseller & could pay with pay pal I ask as I live in UK, may I bid please? Both on this & maybe other items too? Obviously I would pay shipping charges,(new international priority/air lift surface M bag/ cheapest preferred) Thanks for your time either way, no offence taken or intended Please "reply" to this so I know which auction were on about, thanks Failing that I now have a USA based address you can send items, MEDIA MAIL to that will be forwarded to me, would that be better/ok? Please pay no attention to individuals who e-mail you lying about me, my reputation or the US PS M bags, instead please report them straight away by forwarding the e-mail to Ebay via customer support. Also please check my feedback & theirs, I think you'll soon discover who is the more reputable? Finally please add me to your buyer exempt list, its under site map, centre column, else I may be held up bidding too late to sort it out/ re request this? thanks --Dave         Jul-05-07
A:          Hi, we are just going to keep this local, it is another trip to the post office to get the actual shipping charges and it is fairly far away and we can only go there certain times in a week due to work schedule. Please except my apologies as I wish I lived closer to a post office. Also ebay does not allow the bid to even occur unless I clicked on that when I put up the auction, " learned that the hard way and it did not allow many bids in my last auctions ". Once again sorry. Ray.

I'll give you ONE GUESS who's the high bidder right now anyway.  :roll:

"i consider myslef lucky that i am not in your clicky web site stainers one & all" - littleprincessfreya aka cougarrinard

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:57 pm 

Schief beat me.  :wink:

Last edited by Ekim Toor on Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:00 pm 

schief wrote:
I'll give you ONE GUESS who's the high bidder right now anyway.  :roll:

That's an absolutely lovely message.  I think I'd delete that if I got it, just for its rambling-ness alone.

Christ, doesn't he know how to be succinct?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:15 pm 

That poor guy is in for a world of pain and agony if Cougar wins - he didn't say "F**K YOU, DO NOT BID" so Cougar will say that he wasn't told no, so he bid anyway.

That's what he pulled with me - despite the comment apologizing to him appearing in the public comments section.

I would send the poor seller a warning email, but I don't want cougar nailing me for auction interference...with all of his eBay connections, he would probably get me, too.

Original 28mm fantasy gaming miniatures at http://www.centerstageminis.com

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:41 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
now i never like getting involved in this, but THAT is extremely unfair and certainly does not warrant a negative FB. the guy didnt do anything wrong. thats not a "dig", it was a perfectly noted comment. would the sensible thing to do not have been reply with a pos FB and comment accordingly?

oh well.

Al

Someone who leaves negative feedback in return for positive feedback like that is a prick of the highest order.  And that is not the first time Cougarretard has pulled a stunt like that.

Someone should really bash him in his putrid, oversized melon so the world doesnt have to put up with the arrogant, pathetic excuse for a human being that is Cougarrinard.  PDT_Armataz_01_19

Pretty amazing how simple it is to despise someone you have never even met.  Frickin' scumbag.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:02 pm 

Badmike wrote:
Despite all that's been said, we have people on the forum that deal with him.  8O The lure of a good deal seems to trump common sense a lot of the time.  .

And that the biggest shame of it all. See people either don't realize or don't care that by bidding on his auctions they helping him screw over other people. Either by bidding up his auction and allowing him to get more money for it on the winning bid or actually winning the auctions and paying for them, they are not only giving Dave money to purchase more items to screw other people over with or they lending credability to him by bidding on the auctions in the first place.

Badmike wrote:And I suspect a lot of it is the "I haven't been burned yet" syndrome, the same reason a lot of us speed on the highway...until we get caught/get burned, our behavior isn't going to change.
I have to admit I would have little empathy for any members of the forum that got bent over by the Coug...as of this point, his vindictive, asinine behavior has been too well documented for anyone to claim ignorance..

Mike B.

See me, I have gotten tired of the, "Well, he has fucked me over yet" bullshit, its lame and to be honest its rather bad cop out anyway.   He might not be screwing you over, but he is obviously screwing over lots of other people over and by participatiing in his auction knowingly that he does it, you are helping him in fucking over other people.  With that the people who bid on his stuff knowingly are at least partially accountable in his actions and frankly it pisses me off to no end.  

A guy down the street from me killed his roommate and then hacked the body up and threw it in the woods in plastic bags to try and avoid getting caught(true story), but do really think that I think he is an okay guy because he didn't kill anyone I know?  Do I think its a good idea to hang out with him and drink some beers, cause he didn't do it to me??? Whatever...

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:24 pm 

Sent to the seller:

Hi!

Be advised that shipping by boat or any UNTRACKABLE method is not covered by eBay or Paypal, and if a buyer claims the package never arrived, Paypal will debit your account and you will lose the money, no questions asked. Just a friendly note!

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:08 pm 

Way to go, Deadlord. At least he has some inkling of the shi*head he is dealing with. Very politely worded.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:06 pm 

bclarkie wrote:and by participatiing in his auction knowingly that he does it, you are helping him in fucking over other people.  With that the people who bid on his stuff knowingly are at least partially accountable in his actions and frankly it pisses me off to no end.

be careful of your words Brian, please.

i am nothing accountable for anyones actions. i bid on the odd thing because i want it. i do so, because if someone tries to f*ck me over, i will deal with it directly, simple as that. so i KNOW i will not get f*cked over in the end one way or the other. that is why i still bid.

i would be grateful if you would take a little more care when you are making your swathing opinions, especially when it involves me.

thankyou

Al

ps. there are many things in life that most dont like or even pisses them off. we dont always get what we want chummer.

pps. i am also not going to get into a flame war over this either. anything further to add, i would be grateful if you would PM me and we can discuss it that way. thanks.

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:11 pm 

And that the biggest shame of it all. See people either don't realize or don't care that by bidding on his auctions they helping him screw over other people. Either by bidding up his auction and allowing him to get more money for it on the winning bid or actually winning the auctions and paying for them, they are not only giving Dave money to purchase more items to screw other people over with or they lending credability to him by bidding on the auctions in the first place.

There are some pretty broad brushstrokes there. I'm one of the people that has dealt with this seller. I take strangers as I find them and my business is my own and not the whole neighbourhood's. eBay is a marketplace of millions of one-to-one trades, each one being a private transaction. The business relationship consists of how the seller interacts with the buyer and vice versa. If some have problems that's their own business and they can share it in public as a guide for others if they wish but nobody is obliged to alter his or her affairs accordingly.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:47 pm 

Of course it is nobody's business.

While I certainly can't speak for anybody else - especially somebody like BClarkie, whose experience with RPGs far surpasses my own - I find it hard to believe people are still dealing with this guy.

Let the buyer beware; at this point, anybody new who comes here whining that cougar screwed them over should get a big sigh and NOT a lot of sympathy. The warning signs are all over.

From my point of view (take it or leave it), I wouldn't buy from somebody like Whitfield, who bullies people and tries to take advantage of the eBay system. Doing that just encourages him to make sure he has a few quality transactions, and obviously "picks and chooses" his battles, or in this case, choosing when he has enough positive feedback to screw over the next guy.

If you deal with him, that's an individual decision. But if you ignore the warning signs and bid from him anyway, don't bitch when your items get lost in the mail...or you get overcharged for shipping...or he leaves you negative feedback to address a customer's concerns.

This isn't a slam at you, AI or megnelwil - it's just that I find it difficult personally to support somebody who has made a career out of laughing at the people who perceive him as a poor businessman or have an issue with his products.

Purchasing from him just reinforces his attitude of "screw the unhappy ones - I have thousands more who ARE happy, so those select few who AREN'T can shut the hell up!"

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:53 pm 

Center_Stage_Hobbies wrote:Of course it is nobody's business.

While I certainly can't speak for anybody else - especially somebody like BClarkie, whose experience with RPGs far surpasses my own - I find it hard to believe people are still dealing with this guy.

Let the buyer beware; at this point, anybody new who comes here whining that cougar screwed them over should get a big sigh and NOT a lot of sympathy. The warning signs are all over.

From my point of view (take it or leave it), I wouldn't buy from somebody like Whitfield, who bullies people and tries to take advantage of the eBay system. Doing that just encourages him to make sure he has a few quality transactions, and obviously "picks and chooses" his battles, or in this case, choosing when he has enough positive feedback to screw over the next guy.

If you deal with him, that's an individual decision. But if you ignore the warning signs and bid from him anyway, don't bitch when your items get lost in the mail...or you get overcharged for shipping...or he leaves you negative feedback to address a customer's concerns.

This isn't a slam at you, AI or megnelwil - it's just that I find it difficult personally to support somebody who has made a career out of laughing at the people who perceive him as a poor businessman or have an issue with his products.

Purchasing from him just reinforces his attitude of "screw the unhappy ones - I have thousands more who ARE happy, so those select few who AREN'T can shut the hell up!"

Perhaps I could have been more diplomatic, but this is well said.  :)   The only thing that I would also add is that everytime that you deal with Cougar, full knowing what he is and what he does, you are effectively pissing right in the face of all the innocent unknowing people that Cougar has trampled all over along the way all these years.  You all who still deal with Dave might be okay with that, but I'm not. If tomorrow deal ole Dave was the only purveyor in the RPG section of Ebay, I'd never bid on anything again.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:58 pm 

Ye gods, people!
I see a shitload of people foaming at the mouth about this guy, barbs flying left and right at Acaeum and non-Acaeum people, a thread that has more posts than a Montana cattle fence, and I have yet to see the truly pissed-off people put together a firm action plan and TRY to get him booted. I am quite sure that 9 out of 10 people here would chime in with their eBay ID's, their evidence, their personal experiences, and their "boot Coug" votes if someone did the fucking legwork and set it up. If this is done, and eBay doesn't yank him, THEN whine about his practices.
I send e-mails like the above to sellers when the whim strikes me; if someone accepts Paypal and doesn't know the rules about untrackable packages, fuck 'em. Read the fine print before you sell something. Too many assholes use the old "I didn't know" bit. It's bullshit; information on anything from Saturn's temperature to Washington's sexual habits is available for anyone who wants to do the work.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:08 pm 

Center_Stage_Hobbies wrote:If you deal with him, that's an individual decision. But if you ignore the warning signs and bid from him anyway, don't bitch when your items get lost in the mail...or you get overcharged for shipping...or he leaves you negative feedback to address a customer's concerns.

CSH just take it from me chummer, that he will never screw me on a deal. Simple as.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:09 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
CSH just take it from me chummer, that he will never screw me on a deal. Simple as.

Al

We all believe you Al :twisted:

(wasn't meant to sound ironic or sarcastic we REALLY do believe you :lol: )

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 42 of 111123 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 109110111