Cougarrinard is now using Ebay ID of littleprincessfreya
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 38 of 111123 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:38 am 

Makes me glad I worship Baalzebuul. The rules are SO much easier.

The Infernal Drivers' Ten Commandments:

1. Thou shalt kill if thou feelest like it, providing thou can get away with it.

2. Thine road is a means of relieving aggressive tensions; drivest thou accordingly.

3. Rudeness hath a virtue all its own.

4. Fuck thy neighbor; keep to and protect thine own self.

5. The better the car, the better the beaver thou shalt scorest.

6. Care not for the young; they are weak sheep.

7. See rule number 4.

8. Forgive not thy offender; attack and slay him at the earliest opportunity.

9. Thou shalt drive aggressively; the road is full of defensive drivers, allowing thee to take advantage of their passiveness.

10. See rule number 4.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:48 am 

I recently saw a special on the psychology of driving that explained a lot about road rage.
Your mind registers people cutting you off or passing you as a "defeat" and if you do the same to others as a "victory".
The problem occurs with the fact that your "victories" are behind you and soon fade from your memory.
Your "defeats" are constantly ahead of you in your line of sight and serves as a reinforcement to the "primitive" part of your brain of your "loss".
The road rage occurs when you allow those primitive instincts overrule your reason.
Individuals who allow those primitive instincts to overcome their reason immediately look for some way to retaliate or obtain revenge on the other driver.

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:08 pm 

Actually, I register someone cutting me off as a life-threatening act that could possibly have resulted in the injury or death of my wife and/or kid.
The problem is not road rage. It is drivers not paying attention, period. Cell phones, makeup, radios, etc.

So, about danteiscougar:

Given the bad experiences that so many people have had with Kitty, it is dismaying that stronger actions have not been taken. Example:

Find an auction that Coug won that "disappeared". Speak with the seller and see if there were any books with identifying marks; names, discolorations, tears etc. Then scan coug's auctions until you see the inevitable "VGC" item. Contact the winner of the auction and ask if the item has the identifying marks. If so, voila! Proven mail fraud, a criminal offense in both the US and the UK.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:14 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote:Actually, I register someone cutting me off as a life-threatening act that could possibly have resulted in the injury or death of my wife and/or kid.

Of course, and at that point if you as the offended driver take any action that escalates the situation, you are placing your passengers at further risk.

Secrets of Tibet

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:14 pm 

jasonw1239 wrote:I recently saw a special on the psychology of driving that explained a lot about road rage.
Your mind registers people cutting you off or passing you as a "defeat" and if you do the same to others as a "victory".
The problem occurs with the fact that your "victories" are behind you and soon fade from your memory.
Your "defeats" are constantly ahead of you in your line of sight and serves as a reinforcement to the "primitive" part of your brain of your "loss".
The road rage occurs when you allow those primitive instincts overrule your reason.
Individuals who allow those primitive instincts to overcome their reason immediately look for some way to retaliate or obtain revenge on the other driver.

As many people that pass me every day driving like they are auditioning for the Indianapolis 500...it doesnt surprise me one bit.  I can agree with the "road rage" psychology as I have on several occasions felt really good after passing some jerkwad after they cut me off a mile or two before.

I read an article a couple of months ago that listed the worst and best cities to drive in.  It shocked me that DFW was on the top ten best cities list.  The guy who wrote the article has either never driven on DFW's freeways during rush hour or the traffic and people in the cities on the "worst" list are nastier than I can possibly imagine.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:40 pm 

Man, we are steering all over the road with this topic....can we get back in the right lane...er left for you UKers  PDT_Armataz_01_36

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:47 pm 

Good point Kosh!!
If danteisevil is on the "up and up" then why has he engaged in a "scorched earth policy" on his forum postings prior to April 30th?

search.php?search_id=1302552886

Secrets of Tibet

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:12 pm 

Deadlord39 wrote,

"Find an auction that Coug won that "disappeared". Speak with the seller and see if there were any books with identifying marks; names, discolorations, tears etc. Then scan coug's auctions until you see the inevitable "VGC" item. Contact the winner of the auction and ask if the item has the identifying marks. If so, voila! Proven mail fraud, a criminal offense in both the US and the UK".[/quote]

ATOM wrote:After being ripped off by Coogie 3 months ago i then notice going through his feedback that he resold various items that were quite specific and i could readily identify to someone else two months after i won them, paid and he then reported them lost in the post?

How many water damaged D1-D2 mods do you suppose Coogie has?

And mint shrink wrapped Gates of Firestone Peak with uncut counters & maps (i should think so if it is shrink wrapped) .

Tsr 2e ref DM Screen & TTT adventure. (not as specific as above)

And to compond this he resold all my items two months after i won them?
These were all sold on the same day ( 23 may)

Here was my win,

[ Image ]

Then after saying my goods were lost in the post he resells two months later,

[ Image ]

And here is another one of mine relisted at the same time as above,

[ Image ]

And lo Coogie pulled an exact copy from his corpulent ass!

[ Image ]

Is there any point reporting this to e-bay? Has the twat got away again?

** Banned **

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:37 pm 

jasonw1239 wrote:Good point Kosh!!
If danteisevil is on the "up and up" then why has he engaged in a "scorched earth policy" on his forum postings prior to April 30th?

search.php?search_id=1302552886

jason, what does this mean? i don't understand, could you explain it.. and the link doesn't work.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:38 pm 

The next step, Atom, would be to either have the buyer send you a description, buy the item from him, or buy the item from Retard, preferably under a different eBay name or thru a friend/Acaeum member. Then send all the info you can to eBay, tell them you plan on initiating a criminal investigation with both your local police and Retard's local police. They may or may not help. Then do just that; bring everything to the cops. If your town is too small to have a computer crimes department, you can go to a larger town or the state capital and file it. If you do, I would also get as much info on other auctions he has fucked people on. Bring printouts, url's, names, the works.
Send the same info to Retard's home town bobbies. You can never give too much info, only too little. Even if you think something is worthless, they may not.
Chances are very good that they will pursue it. I've had extensive experience with law enforcement/computer forensics departments, being a network engineer, and they will almost always follow a case to its conclusion. You may think to yourself "They won't care about a foreign eBay scammer", but in fact that is one of their favorite captures. Why? Because every year, they have to validate the budget allotment that the town and state give them for computer crimes, and the bigger/more exotic the bust, the better they look.
If you do, I'll officially change your name to At 'em.
I propose this: Everyone interested in skinning the cat should donate an item. Whoever is clearly the most instrumental in pelting him gets the items. I think it would be a fun and productive game.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:57 pm 

danteisevil wrote:
jason, what does this mean? i don't understand, could you explain it.. and the link doesn't work.

Sorry about the dead link. Ok then, on the bottom of your most recent post click on the Profile button. Then click on find all posts by danteisevil

Almost all posts before April 30th has been edited to just two words "mindless babble".

My question is why would you go through the effort of editing most of your previous postings?
I'm not that curious about your motives, just saying that action by itself is quite unusual.

Secrets of Tibet

** Banned **

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:00 pm 

ah ok i see. yeah i did that because it was pointless arguing before. everytime i posted something, people just started coming up with these off the wall ideas that i have some connection to the guy whom i sold my ebay auction to. i found it easier to erase these things, rather than get mad about it. at the time, i was getting very irritated, so i just did it so i wouldn't keep posting. not much more to it than that.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:09 pm 

danteisevil wrote:ah ok i see. yeah i did that because it was pointless arguing before. everytime i posted something, people just started coming up with these off the wall ideas that i have some connection to the guy whom i sold my ebay auction to. i found it easier to erase these things, rather than get mad about it. at the time, i was getting very irritated, so i just did it so i wouldn't keep posting. not much more to it than that.

I find it easier just to ignore your blatherings rather than process them...but then, dang, the guy who doesn't give "two shits" about D&D keeps posting...andposting...and posting....
  I hear Cougie needs his wang fondled...Dante, could you please just get back there and leave us alone? That way the only "connection" between him, and you, is your hand on his member.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:49 pm 

Bad Mike! Bad, bad Mike!
I don't really give a shit personally, dante, but I will admit the evidence seems skewed against you. It was I who originally warned you about the M-bag, BTW.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:00 pm 

danteisevil wrote:...people just started coming up with these off the wall ideas that i have some connection to the guy whom i sold my ebay auction to.

You do.  Nuff said on that.
danteisevil wrote:i found it easier to erase these things, rather than get mad about it. at the time, i was getting very irritated, so i just did it so i wouldn't keep posting. not much more to it than that.

One thing that bugs me is when people erase their posts.  It's nothing more than an attempt to avoid being accountable for the words you speak.  If you said it, you should have the balls to stand behind what it was you said.  Anything else is simply not acceptable.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:02 pm 

I think a lot of these issues might fix themselves if eBay sticks to their new "Detailed Feedback" system, wherein, you rate everything (communication, shipping, item matching description, and whatever else) about the auction from 1-5, and it is anonymous to prevent retaliatory negatives. I know of this because my yummy is on a buying binge for me, and she's filling stuff out right now, and I asked her what the heck it was with all the weird little stars...

Perhaps eBay actually learned something?

[Edit]

Oops, it might be an "option" to use, rather than the default. I can't verify that as I do not have my own account. A shame. It should be the default method.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:14 pm 

It's there for all transactions, but you don't have to fill them out.  (And for some reason I sometimes get drop-down boxes instead of stars.)

The only problem I have with it now is that I haven't worked out what rating I should be worried when it falls below.  I suspect that will just take a bit of time.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:08 am 

There is an easy way to exonorate yourself Dante, and proove your innocence!

Post your emails and replies from Coogie so we can see ourselves!

The auction is now well ended so you have nothing to loose my friend.

Go on....you know you want to!

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 38 of 111123 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 109110111