Cougarrinard is now using Ebay ID of littleprincessfreya
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 36 of 111123 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:27 am 

Xaxaxe wrote:

(plus, every so often, I enjoy bumping up all of his bids on eBay. It's perfectly legal and it ends up costing him money ... more smiles for me!   :) ).

So somebody else also does this...funny...nice way to while away a couple minutes downtime when you are crusing ebay....

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:47 am 

Mars wrote:
I'm guessing that he'll have a booth at Gencon UK?

Nah, never seen him at any UK Convention - that I know of. And I do know most of the Traders, especially the 2nd-hand sellers  :D

Especially surprising given that the last UK Gencon was so close to Portsmouth.

Cheers,
Malcolm

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:35 pm 

Thanks bspaul. I appreciate your saying that...I suppose keeping other people from bidding on Captain Cougie's stuff is a far better payoff than eBay's adjusting of a single comment.

Knowing that myself and others might have saved just a handful of eBayers from a nightmarish experience is very satisfying.

Thank you for taking the time to post

PDT_Armataz_01_22

Original 28mm fantasy gaming miniatures at http://www.centerstageminis.com

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:31 pm 

Center_Stage_Hobbies:

Keep the email from Yahoo in perspective.  It is really a minor point in a minor skirmish.  

Probably, it will get feedback removed for both of you and then you can write off the whole thing.

Take heart.  You don't know what Ebay said to Cougarrinard.  Every time he complains to them he also points himself out to them.  Anyone remember back about a year ago, when Cougarrinard temporarily lost his power seller status?  He has been disciplined before, and I bet it drove him nuts.  He could probably barely keep his soul-sucking titanium powersword under control.

Take Shane's advice about your reply.  Make it mild and to the point.

Everyone else here would do well to consider this small incident and remember what Xaxaxe has said about Cougrrinard's Ebay prowess.

This is the sort of fellow who will go after you if he thinks you have left him an edge.  You ought to be very careful in messing with Cougarrinard on Ebay and very circumspect in communicating about him with others.  You might also consider what you say about Cougarrinard on this forum.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:06 pm 

Thanks, Form_Critic, I appreciate your reply as well.

I don't wish anybody to crash and burn, I just wish he would learn some manners and treat people with respect. It's all anyone can ask.

I have gotten VERY irritating emails from customers on eBay - but I always try to reply with a modicum of decency, even if they are totally off the wall. This whole problem I've had has basically been over a lack of courtesy - simply bidding on one's auctions without permission.

Even when problems arise, I try to take care of them, as do most good eBayers - whether it's with a buyer, OR a seller. I have refunded two customers' shipping in the past month, just because their package got pushed to the wayside and didn't get out in a timely fashion. One of my best customers - from Germany - got a module which I advertised as "COMPLETE" yet was missing a map (unknown to me), aparently, when it arrived. I offered him the options of a return, a partial refund, or a map - shipped at my cost - taken from a duplicate of the same module. Since then, he's been my best repeat customer by FAR.

It's common etiquette - simple things like if the customer pays the same day the auction ends, and you ship three weeks later, they are owed an apology as well as a refund of their shipping costs. IMHO, that's just common sense AND common courtesy. Cougarrinard seems to ignore all of these things and thinks that all buyers and sellers are at his frivilous whims.

I think at this point most of the problems with this seller would go away if he'd just be a man and treat people the way he DEMANDS he be treated.

Original 28mm fantasy gaming miniatures at http://www.centerstageminis.com

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:51 pm 

Center_Stage_Hobbies wrote:Thanks, Form_Critic, I appreciate your reply as well.

I don't wish anybody to crash and burn, I just wish he would learn some manners and treat people with respect. It's all anyone can ask.

I have gotten VERY irritating emails from customers on eBay - but I always try to reply with a modicum of decency, even if they are totally off the wall. This whole problem I've had has basically been over a lack of courtesy - simply bidding on one's auctions without permission.

Even when problems arise, I try to take care of them, as do most good eBayers - whether it's with a buyer, OR a seller. I have refunded two customers' shipping in the past month, just because their package got pushed to the wayside and didn't get out in a timely fashion. One of my best customers - from Germany - got a module which I advertised as "COMPLETE" yet was missing a map (unknown to me), aparently, when it arrived. I offered him the options of a return, a partial refund, or a map - shipped at my cost - taken from a duplicate of the same module. Since then, he's been my best repeat customer by FAR.

It's common etiquette - simple things like if the customer pays the same day the auction ends, and you ship three weeks later, they are owed an apology as well as a refund of their shipping costs. IMHO, that's just common sense AND common courtesy. Cougarrinard seems to ignore all of these things and thinks that all buyers and sellers are at his frivilous whims.

I think at this point most of the problems with this seller would go away if he'd just be a man and treat people the way he DEMANDS he be treated.

I've said it a many, many times...Cougie has cost himself THOUSANDS of dollars over the past several years by ignoring the basic tenets of customer service.  I have no doubt in some ways my business has profited by Cougie's inability to deal with buyers like human beings...but I also have no doubt that on a larger scale, his behavior has cost me business because many of those burned by his arrogance have chosen to not buy on ebay any longer, either giving more business to online stores or to brick and mortars (or to stop buying D&D stuff entirely).  One of the reasons I'm so opposed to his online business.
  And yes, Cougie will attempt to take revenge in devious ways.  Interesting that I've been "reported" for several very minor infractions in the last month or so by a UK ebayer (Yes, Coug, I know it's you, and btw each infraction took at least 5 seconds to correct, nice try).  The trick is to not leave him an opening....or to make the opening very, very easy to close.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:32 pm 

After being ripped off by Coogie 3 months ago i then notice going through his feedback that he resold various items that were quite specific and i could readily identify to someone else two months after i won them, paid and he then reported them lost in the post?

How many water damaged D1-D2 mods do you suppose Coogie has?

And mint shrink wrapped Gates of Firestone Peak with uncut counters & maps (i should think so if it is shrink wrapped) .

Tsr 2e ref DM Screen & TTT adventure. (not as specific as above)

And to compond this he resold all my items two months after i won them?
These were all sold on the same day ( 23 may)

Here was my win,

Then after saying my goods were lost in the post he resells two months later,

And here is another one of mine relisted at the same time as above,

And lo Coogie pulled an exact copy from his corpulent ass!

Is there any point reporting this to e-bay? Has the twat got away again?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:46 pm 

I symapthise, having just got caught too.

I've initiated a claim through e-bay/paypal and we'll see where that goes!

Gary H. Kramer

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:49 pm 

gkramer wrote:I symapthise, having just got caught too.

I've initiated a claim through e-bay/paypal and we'll see where that goes!

Good man! I wish you luck my friend! And feel free to complain/slag and make fun of Coogie-retard any time you like!

Thats what this forum section is for!

Let the world know what a twat he really is!

If Coogie turns up at Gencon UK i will be helping myself to his goods of the value he ripped me off for...should be fun!...i gather he is not such a tough guy face to face! And if you are reading this Coogie be prepared to
pay your debts! I also encourage others to follow suit...hound the fat git out of Reading College!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:40 pm 

I recently warned a seller on eBay that CougarRetard was bidding on his acution and what his typical methods were. I have received the following emails from the seller (I no longer have a link to the auction) regarding the "progress" of the transaction. I thought that all of us might like to see a SUCCESS story for once:
obedientone wrote:hello. this buyer is doing exactly what you have stated. i will give him one last chance to pay and then i plan to relist the auction. however, since you gave me such important informamtion, you can have first dibbs on the auction if you like. let me know before i officially relist the auction. thank you.

obedientone wrote:hello. i'm sorry for not getting back to you. he tried to lower the overseas shipping cost as you predicted. i stuck to what the auction said. then he provided a u.s. address but it was a p.o. box. he also delayed payment. i insisted on a permanent address so i can have signature confirmation. then there would be no doubt the package was received. i mentioned some things that were said about him and he became very upset. he kept asking me to report the people who told me that to ebay, but i refused. i told him that i just want our transaction to go smoothly. he has since paid and provided a u.s. permanent address to ship to. so we'll see. but thanks again for the info!

BTW, this seller has some nice sized lots up for sale and everyting appears to be in very nice condition. I hope that all goes well for him.

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:49 pm 

Message for Knight: "Good work; we'll look into that raise we talked about earlier."

Message for Cougie: "GOTCHA, you spineless sub-human! How's that karma tasting?" PDT_Armataz_01_11

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:36 am 

PM-Knight wrote:I recently warned a seller on eBay that CougarRetard was bidding on his acution and what his typical methods were. I have received the following emails from the seller (I no longer have a link to the auction) regarding the "progress" of the transaction. I thought that all of us might like to see a SUCCESS story for once:

BTW, this seller has some nice sized lots up for sale and everyting appears to be in very nice condition. I hope that all goes well for him.

Question....did either the unconfirmed or the confirmed address belong to danteisevil perchance?

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:08 am 

Oh yes we remember DanteisEvil.( threatened to kick our collective asses over the internet connection! :roll: )

Coogies stateside stooge!

** Banned **

Post Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:25 am 

you should seriously stop wasting your time.

Last edited by danteisevil on Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:03 am 

danteisevil wrote:your a fool!

[sic]

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:06 pm 

Wow, Dante breaks his silence ... didn't expect that.

Hey, Dante, question for you: you set up a private, thousand-dollar auction for your buddy Cougie waaaaay back in April:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cougarrinard-Collec ... dZViewItem

... and you guys haven't even exchanged feedback yet? Man, what does it take for you guys to throw a positive someone's way?

Oh, unless that was some sort of bogus listing? Nah, couldn't be ... this is the trustworthy Coug we're talking about here. I'm sure everything was on the up-and-up, right?

But, man, if there's some chance that that whole thing was somehow a legimate listing ... well, I hope your good pal at least agreed to pay your eBay fees on that $1,000. Or did he forget to mention that part?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:04 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:Wow, Dante breaks his silence ... didn't expect that.

Hey, Dante, question for you: you set up a private, thousand-dollar auction for your buddy Cougie waaaaay back in April:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

... and you guys haven't even exchanged feedback yet? Man, what does it take for you guys to throw a positive someone's way?

Oh, unless that was some sort of bogus listing? Nah, couldn't be ... this is the trustworthy Coug we're talking about here. I'm sure everything was on the up-and-up, right?

But, man, if there's some chance that that whole thing was somehow a legimate listing ... well, I hope your good pal at least agreed to pay your eBay fees on that $1,000. Or did he forget to mention that part?

Actually, the moron has already given cougie positive feedback.

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

** Banned **

Post Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:46 pm 

i left feedback for the buyer because he paid quick. so did i screw up leaving positive feedback? the guy paid quickly. why would i neg him? don't you usually leave positive feedback when someone pays quickly? not only that, i have added positive feedback to everyone i have dealt with on ebay even when some of the items didn't work when they arrived. i sent the items back, the items were replaced, no harm done except a week more of waiting.  i have only bought a few things. usually if the item is being shipped to me, i wait till it arrives to give feedback. if i am selling something, if the buyer pays quickly and keeps in touch well, i leave positive feedback. isn't that the usual protocol? if not, please explain it to me.  

fyi i paid all listing fees for the auction.

i left feedback, still awaiting feedback!!!!! it is as simple as that.

i checkup on this forum. if i weren't worried about it, do you think i would read this forum?  i don't give two shits about dungeons and dragons(not knocking anyone for liking this as a hobby i have my own hobbies).

the reason i don't post, is because a new story is made up by a member of this forum everytime i do.  all it does is fuel the fire already started.   i find it pointless to even debate it bc no matter what i say it will never convince any of you.  its a waste of effort to me. fortunately, for all of you, after this entire transaction is done, none of you will ever hear from me again. nor will you ever see me involved in anything having to do with dungeons and dragons ever again.

if i get screwed i am sure i will jump on the bandwagon with all of you. if not, then i won't insult any of you, i just won't post anymore. its as simple as that. be sure that i will post results once everything is complete.

nor does this forum make selling things on ebay very inviting for anyone when you see people getting so involved on a transaction that i made, that has nothing to do with any of them. and when i do see my name on something it pisses me off. having people talk about my address and this kind of crap is rather intrusive don't you think? if you saw something about you posted on a website(that would be the last place you would ever go in cyberspace) wouldn't you get a bit concerned? only reason i know about this site is because one of you messaged me on ebay. that is it. when i saw my name in the thread. i posted a response. and i was pissed off when i came to this site and saw all kinds of posts about my auction on ebay.

like the post above stated, the guy knows how to work ebay. it sux that some people get ripped off but blame it on ebay. you can complain all you want, but until some of you do something about it, all you can do is bitch about it on this forum. where is that going to get you? if the guy screwed you this bad, why wouldn't you take it to the next level?

i understand the preventitive maintenance aspect of what you all are trying to do. but i don't see how me worrying about it will change the outcome. i didn't read any of this post until everything had already been shipped. how can anyone do anything about that? THEY CAN'T!  if the word came to me a week earlier, i might have thought differently or changed course.

i have spoken with the guy via email several times. that is all. nothing more than, has the shipment arrived yet? plain and simple...

as far as the above comment about my address. leave me out of this crap. i have no business, i live with my girlfriend, i enjoy life, i hang out, i don't fester this pride that some of you have about getting even with this guy. i have no secret store or warehouse or whatever you want to think.

fortunately, out of the few transactions i have made on ebay, all of them have turned out well. hopefully, i will be able to say the same thing about this transaction. until then, there isn't anything i can do about it.

i know i will regret posting this, but it will probably be more entertaining to read the responses for the next few weeks. take care!

And, I didn't threaten anyone. I stated a fact, that I could kick your ass. There is a difference between threatening and stating a fact. So please get your facts straight!

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 36 of 111123 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 109110111