Cougarrinard is now using Ebay ID of littleprincessfreya
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 35 of 111123 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 109110111
Author

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:33 pm 

We're talking about this auction, right?

** expired/removed eBay auction **

If so, it's pretty obvious what the major problem is: the top of the page clearly states "worldwide shipping." It really doesn't matter what you put in after that — the "official" part of the listing (where the type is eBay-created rather than user created) states you'd ship anywhere. Rational bidders would scroll down and see that that part of the listing was a mistake and then they'd move on to another listing. Cougar, of course, does the opposite.

Here's the second part of the problem: Cougar, for all his many faults, is an absolute genius at playing the eBay system. He's like an eBay savant. He knows how far to push, which rules are flexible and which are not, and how to register his complaints with the right parties. Seriously, he would have been kicked off eBay 25 times by now if he didn't know how to play the system.

So he complains to eBay that you are a non-performing seller whose listing stated "worldwide" ... and, technically, he is right. I'm sorry, but he is. Technically. You should have cancelled his bids and blocked him, according to eBay logic. He complains that you mention another website in your feedback and, technically, he is right. He's probably also reported you for email harrasment and God knows what else. Again, he knows how to play the system.

(And, sorry, but that listing is just way too full of holes. "Please ignore the box at the bottom of this auction which says shipping is $5/$12?" All due respect, but that's the sort of thing that needs to be fixed by the seller before it even appears on eBay. Again, mostly because clowns like Cougar will be sure to try to exploit it somehow).

Center_Stage_Hobbies wrote:Is this worth an eBay boycott? Is this worth a petition? Or should I just shut up and let it go, knowing that this asshat is blocked?

It's not worth any of that ... unless you've discovered another auction site with more than 120 million registered users. I'd start letting it go ... secure in the knowledge that Cougar has cost himself tens of thousands of dollars over the years by slowly but surely alienating most of the D&D collecting community. The man is a joke: he sells $1 modules and brags about his feedback. That's it. He's a parody of himself, basically. He's not worth the heartache. Time to move on.

+++++

Sidebar: none of the above, of course, does anything to explain the absolutely horrible way that CougTard treats other people or the fact that he is a confirmed thief and liar. There are no explanations for those things.

I'm just pointing out that when you challenge Cougar, you're taking on someone who knows how to work the eBay system.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:59 pm 

(much humbled)

Thanks for the input.

I spose it's time to drop it.

:oops:

Original 28mm fantasy gaming miniatures at http://www.centerstageminis.com

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:24 pm 

I wouldn't worry about it. I think we've discussed this in another thread, but you're in the "Cougar anger" stage right now. We've all been there; I've been so mad at him in the past that I could barely think straight.

But it passes. Blocking him and never bidding on his stuff help in that regard, as you'll never again be dealing with him directly. As time passes, I think you'll move on to the "Cougar indifference" stage and, my current location, the "Cougar humor" stage. Seriously, he just sits in front of his computer all day for the thrill of losing money. That just makes me laugh. :)

That's not to say that I like seeing him rip people off and generally treat others like dirt. I'm not a big fan of that, and if I ever run into him, he will be informed of that fact (as Al says, "simple as"). But I've decided not to be a part of his little world of misery, so I'm able to shrug at it more often than I used to. And, as stated, you've got to come loaded for bear if you want to challenge him on eBay; he knows the system.

(plus, every so often, I enjoy bumping up all of his bids on eBay. It's perfectly legal and it ends up costing him money ... more smiles for me!   :) ).

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:00 pm 

Plaag wrote:Don't rant..calmly write another email back to Ebay suggesting Wipe as a derogatory term and that the violation you are supposedly having, is not by the terms laid out by Ebay, since no link, so violation.

ShaneG.

Center,

I think Shane's advice is valid.  First, respond to their email politely thanking them for taking the time to point out a possible, inadvertent feedback violation on your part.  However, make mention of the fact that after reviewing their feedback policies, that you are uncertain as to which policy if any has been violated.  Remind them of their original email mentioning that you supposedly violated the policy of:

· Feedback containing a link to another page, picture, or JavaScript.

Ask how your comment violated this rule, when clearly your feedback posting contained none of the three prohibitied items. At this point, kindly offer to have them contact you directly so you can discuss the matter further and clear up this misunderstanding.  Finally, mention how you appreciate their prompt attention to this issue.

At this point, I would sit back, relax and try not to let the C-tard get under your skin.  You'll never have him bid on your stuff again since you BLOCK/WIPE(d) him  :wink: , and hopefully, you'll never buy from him.  Thus no danger of the feedback backlash from Ebay.  Certainly, there's no need for a boycott of Ebay over their double-standards and support of Titanium Power ass(WIPE)rs, and I for one don't want to see one of the easy-going, honest sellers on Ebay quit because of this moron and the corporate goons.  Stick in there.

If the Coug, surfs these forums, don't give him the satisfaction of reading about your 'frustration.'  Laugh at him like X suggests.  I'm sure that annoys him as much as losing an auction or having to deal with the same type of emails from Ebay you just received.  Take pride in the fact that you now have a Coug badge of honor and that his simple-minded machinations aren't going to work.  As Xaxaxe suggests, advance to the "Cougar humor" stage and have a good laugh at his expense.  :D  :D  :D

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:11 pm 

Just so you know - if ebay removes the neg you left him they will also remove the neg he left you.   I believe that has always been their policy.

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:17 pm 

Center_Stage_Hobbies and other members of this forum, let me say that your trials with the Coug have had far reaching effects.  Thanks to all your posts, I now have a much longer ebay block list.  I now avoid certain sellers on ebay, due to all your posts and comments.  I have also informed other people of your "experiences".  So you may not get the justice you deserve from ebay.  But I hope you will take some extra satisfaction from the fact that you have warned far more people that cougar can reach.  Grassroots efforts do work.  Keep posting and keep fighting.  There will be a payoff one day.

Many thanks to all for your (indirect) help-it is appreciated.

Ben.S.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:30 am 

smarmy1 wrote:As Xaxaxe suggests, advance to the "Cougar humor" stage and have a good laugh at his expense.  :D  :D  :D

It really is a wonderful stage to be in. The laughter is almost non-stop: there's the spelling, the feedback obsession, the "Titanium Powerseller" line, the weird sales (single plastic zombies? empty boxes?), the weird purchases (diapers? through the internet?), and the complete over-reaction to non-positive feedback.

I think I've determined that there are actually Five Stages Of Cougar:

1. Introduction: Who is this clown? What is his problem?

2. Disbelief: There's no way this guy is getting away with this, right? No? He is getting away with it? Get out!

3. Anger: I will fight the Coug. I will report him, jack up his bids, warn other sellers, report him, mock him relentlessly, and report him.

4. Indifference: This guy just doesn't matter. He's a small-time seller of $1 modules. He's the biggest joke in the entire D&D community, and, deep down, he knows it.

5. Humor: I laugh in the Coug's face. He's an Englishman who can't speak English. He scans in photos of single plastic zombie miniatures. He uses the word "wipe" in really strange ways. He is free entertainment.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:14 am 

Hey Al,

next time you're round there, call in and get us a photo of him!

Go on, you know you want to!

Cheers,
Malc

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:06 am 

lawrenson wrote:Hey Al,

next time you're round there, call in and get us a photo of him!

Go on, you know you want to!

Cheers,
Malc

I'm guessing that he'll have a booth at Gencon UK?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:23 am 

Guess again! People would throw rotting vegetables and sharp low end coins at him!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:27 am 

Xaxaxe wrote:

(plus, every so often, I enjoy bumping up all of his bids on eBay. It's perfectly legal and it ends up costing him money ... more smiles for me!   :) ).

So somebody else also does this...funny...nice way to while away a couple minutes downtime when you are crusing ebay....

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:47 am 

Mars wrote:
I'm guessing that he'll have a booth at Gencon UK?

Nah, never seen him at any UK Convention - that I know of. And I do know most of the Traders, especially the 2nd-hand sellers  :D

Especially surprising given that the last UK Gencon was so close to Portsmouth.

Cheers,
Malcolm

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:35 pm 

Thanks bspaul. I appreciate your saying that...I suppose keeping other people from bidding on Captain Cougie's stuff is a far better payoff than eBay's adjusting of a single comment.

Knowing that myself and others might have saved just a handful of eBayers from a nightmarish experience is very satisfying.

Thank you for taking the time to post

PDT_Armataz_01_22

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:31 pm 

Center_Stage_Hobbies:

Keep the email from Yahoo in perspective.  It is really a minor point in a minor skirmish.  

Probably, it will get feedback removed for both of you and then you can write off the whole thing.

Take heart.  You don't know what Ebay said to Cougarrinard.  Every time he complains to them he also points himself out to them.  Anyone remember back about a year ago, when Cougarrinard temporarily lost his power seller status?  He has been disciplined before, and I bet it drove him nuts.  He could probably barely keep his soul-sucking titanium powersword under control.

Take Shane's advice about your reply.  Make it mild and to the point.

Everyone else here would do well to consider this small incident and remember what Xaxaxe has said about Cougrrinard's Ebay prowess.

This is the sort of fellow who will go after you if he thinks you have left him an edge.  You ought to be very careful in messing with Cougarrinard on Ebay and very circumspect in communicating about him with others.  You might also consider what you say about Cougarrinard on this forum.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:06 pm 

Thanks, Form_Critic, I appreciate your reply as well.

I don't wish anybody to crash and burn, I just wish he would learn some manners and treat people with respect. It's all anyone can ask.

I have gotten VERY irritating emails from customers on eBay - but I always try to reply with a modicum of decency, even if they are totally off the wall. This whole problem I've had has basically been over a lack of courtesy - simply bidding on one's auctions without permission.

Even when problems arise, I try to take care of them, as do most good eBayers - whether it's with a buyer, OR a seller. I have refunded two customers' shipping in the past month, just because their package got pushed to the wayside and didn't get out in a timely fashion. One of my best customers - from Germany - got a module which I advertised as "COMPLETE" yet was missing a map (unknown to me), aparently, when it arrived. I offered him the options of a return, a partial refund, or a map - shipped at my cost - taken from a duplicate of the same module. Since then, he's been my best repeat customer by FAR.

It's common etiquette - simple things like if the customer pays the same day the auction ends, and you ship three weeks later, they are owed an apology as well as a refund of their shipping costs. IMHO, that's just common sense AND common courtesy. Cougarrinard seems to ignore all of these things and thinks that all buyers and sellers are at his frivilous whims.

I think at this point most of the problems with this seller would go away if he'd just be a man and treat people the way he DEMANDS he be treated.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:51 pm 

Center_Stage_Hobbies wrote:Thanks, Form_Critic, I appreciate your reply as well.

I don't wish anybody to crash and burn, I just wish he would learn some manners and treat people with respect. It's all anyone can ask.

I have gotten VERY irritating emails from customers on eBay - but I always try to reply with a modicum of decency, even if they are totally off the wall. This whole problem I've had has basically been over a lack of courtesy - simply bidding on one's auctions without permission.

Even when problems arise, I try to take care of them, as do most good eBayers - whether it's with a buyer, OR a seller. I have refunded two customers' shipping in the past month, just because their package got pushed to the wayside and didn't get out in a timely fashion. One of my best customers - from Germany - got a module which I advertised as "COMPLETE" yet was missing a map (unknown to me), aparently, when it arrived. I offered him the options of a return, a partial refund, or a map - shipped at my cost - taken from a duplicate of the same module. Since then, he's been my best repeat customer by FAR.

It's common etiquette - simple things like if the customer pays the same day the auction ends, and you ship three weeks later, they are owed an apology as well as a refund of their shipping costs. IMHO, that's just common sense AND common courtesy. Cougarrinard seems to ignore all of these things and thinks that all buyers and sellers are at his frivilous whims.

I think at this point most of the problems with this seller would go away if he'd just be a man and treat people the way he DEMANDS he be treated.

I've said it a many, many times...Cougie has cost himself THOUSANDS of dollars over the past several years by ignoring the basic tenets of customer service.  I have no doubt in some ways my business has profited by Cougie's inability to deal with buyers like human beings...but I also have no doubt that on a larger scale, his behavior has cost me business because many of those burned by his arrogance have chosen to not buy on ebay any longer, either giving more business to online stores or to brick and mortars (or to stop buying D&D stuff entirely).  One of the reasons I'm so opposed to his online business.
  And yes, Cougie will attempt to take revenge in devious ways.  Interesting that I've been "reported" for several very minor infractions in the last month or so by a UK ebayer (Yes, Coug, I know it's you, and btw each infraction took at least 5 seconds to correct, nice try).  The trick is to not leave him an opening....or to make the opening very, very easy to close.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:32 pm 

After being ripped off by Coogie 3 months ago i then notice going through his feedback that he resold various items that were quite specific and i could readily identify to someone else two months after i won them, paid and he then reported them lost in the post?

How many water damaged D1-D2 mods do you suppose Coogie has?

And mint shrink wrapped Gates of Firestone Peak with uncut counters & maps (i should think so if it is shrink wrapped) .

Tsr 2e ref DM Screen & TTT adventure. (not as specific as above)

And to compond this he resold all my items two months after i won them?
These were all sold on the same day ( 23 may)

Here was my win,

Then after saying my goods were lost in the post he resells two months later,

And here is another one of mine relisted at the same time as above,

And lo Coogie pulled an exact copy from his corpulent ass!

Is there any point reporting this to e-bay? Has the twat got away again?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:46 pm 

I symapthise, having just got caught too.

I've initiated a claim through e-bay/paypal and we'll see where that goes!

Gary H. Kramer

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 35 of 111123 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 109110111