Cougarrinard is now using Ebay ID of littleprincessfreya
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 32 of 111123 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:02 pm 

You could also mention to eBay the feedback boosting. That is probably against the rules.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:33 am 

Center_Stage_Hobbies wrote:BClarkie, the first question came from eBay ID goldbh.

I think he's legit, as he's done business with Beyond the Breach a number of times....but he's done TWICE as much with "littleprincessfreya" and "cougarrinard".

Who knows? It may have been a legit question, just very weird circumstances.

No, your suspicions were right. He's either a shill, or a close personal friend of Cougies, which in my book is like being a close personal friend of Osama Bin Laden...
Block him, I already did.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:05 am 

Cougar IS the equilavent of Osama Binladen in the D&D collecting community. The original Rpg Terrorist. ..Lol  Come on thats funny.. I love it. Forget the fictional title of " Dr. Evil" Now, only if our own governments showed the same dillegance and enthuisiasim that D&D collectors have shown in rooting out evil we wouldnt be in as bad shape.  Kudos to the D&D dedicated FBI & CIA agents who have spent the time and energy to expose Osama Cougar and bring him to justice..lol...

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:11 am 

Hi,

no, Dave is in Portsmouth. The UK electoral roll is all online, and he's definitely registered there.  

www.192.com  is a good site for this.

Another thing to note is he only claims to post once a week.

I know the Missus couldnt afford to do that - its rare she can go 3 days without doing the posting, or else she disappears under packets!

He cant be selling that much.

Cheers,
Malcolm

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:32 am 

CSH: just as a point of interest, in case youre interested, or anyone else really.

i have a mate who lives in Headley Down, which isnt too far from Portsmouth and i pop down n visit from time to time. youre quite welcome to M-BAG stuff to me (everyone knows i am a-ok) and i will drop it by on my way to me mates when i visit. then there is no worry over anything going missing and believe me, nobody is going to argue with me about that, or i can mail it standard parcels insured etc, so either way, the stuff will be well covered and then there is no excuses.

if you are then told that they have gone missing, i will deal with it personally as i WON'T be called a liar by anyone.

just thought i would throw in that option, should you ever want to utilise it :) then either way, everyone is happy. you get your dosh / dave gets his stuff.

i aint bought from him in a while, basically cos there is nothing i want n i have other projects which require my funds, but i at least get along with him ok on the rare occasion we might e-mail, and i won't get drawn into anything.

anyway, theres the option should anyone wish to use it.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:40 pm 

Nice words from Al, the work of a gentleman and a scholar.

Whatever you decide to do I think we can safely say that Al is 'straight down the line', so his suggestion is always an option (FWIW)

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:25 pm 

cheers man

its a shame these kind of things crop up though and the world isnt a more honest place to live in. but then i always did wish for far too much :)

i really need to find time to shift some of this stuff i have here.

:)

be happy everyone.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:40 pm 

Thanks, all for the words of encouragement and the suggestions.

Lest any one think that I have nothing better to do than bash this particular buyer, it's not bashing - I am just absolutely bewildered that his inability to read my auction description has caused this colossal amount of headache for everyone involved.

Suffice it to say, I have blocked cougarrinard's emails, and will not be responding to him again. He is also on my blocked bidders list.

I am glad some of you have had more reasonable experiences with him - as for me, I'm done with it. I'm just glad he's not here in the states. Time for me to leave well enough alone, just shake my head, and move on.

There are plenty of other buyers out there who can actually comprehend a basic auction description.

8)

Original 28mm fantasy gaming miniatures at http://www.centerstageminis.com

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:58 pm 

Center_Stage_Hobbies wrote:Thanks, all for the words of encouragement and the suggestions.

Lest any one think that I have nothing better to do than bash this particular buyer, it's not bashing - I am just absolutely bewildered that his inability to read my auction description has caused this colossal amount of headache for everyone involved.

Suffice it to say, I have blocked cougarrinard's emails, and will not be responding to him again. He is also on my blocked bidders list.

I am glad some of you have had more reasonable experiences with him - as for me, I'm done with it. I'm just glad he's not here in the states. Time for me to leave well enough alone, just shake my head, and move on.

There are plenty of other buyers out there who can actually comprehend a basic auction description.

8)

You should hold your head high....he tried to bully you, when the typical bashing wouldn't work he went for the big guns, but you still stood your ground. Congrats.
 For the love of god, can you imagine the amount of business Cougie would do and the prestige he would have in the hobby if he just simply tried to act like a human being?  Instead he's RPG collecting's answer to Dr. Evil. Brilliant.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:09 pm 

A good friend of mine puts something up for sale on Ebay for a large amount of money...say, $300.  He stipulates he will not ship to unconfirmed addresses in his description.  A guy with an unconfirmed address (and only 1 feedback) does a BIN, and my friend has to cancel the sale and return the money from Paypal.  He explains to the buyer why he had to cancel the sale, because the terms of the sale were not paid attention to, and the potential buyer doesn't have a rep built up yet to justify sending the item to an unconfirmed address.  Buyer wants the item but sees the point, and they both end up exchanging positive feedback.  
 That's how human beings do it....BTW, the above is a true story that just took place last week.  Why others have to whine and pout and throw tantrums, leave negative feedback, and harrass when THEY are in the wrong is beyond me.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:41 pm 

Badmike wrote:A good friend of mine puts something up for sale on Ebay for a large amount of money...say, $300.  He stipulates he will not ship to unconfirmed addresses in his description.  A guy with an unconfirmed address (and only 1 feedback) does a BIN, and my friend has to cancel the sale and return the money from Paypal.  He explains to the buyer why he had to cancel the sale, because the terms of the sale were not paid attention to, and the potential buyer doesn't have a rep built up yet to justify sending the item to an unconfirmed address.  Buyer wants the item but sees the point, and they both end up exchanging positive feedback.  
 That's how human beings do it....BTW, the above is a true story that just took place last week.  Why others have to whine and pout and throw tantrums, leave negative feedback, and harrass when THEY are in the wrong is beyond me.

Mike B.

I've done similar and had similar done to me - you know how it goes - email from buyer saying basically ' s***, postage blows me away and I didn't realise - can we agree not to go ahead and I'll sort out your fees, so you're not out of pocket'. As a decent human the answer is of course - 'no problem, don't worry about the fee - s*** happens' - ET VOILA - positive fb all round and everyones happy. (And you get good karma of course as I've been the one to go cap in hand to a seller on a couple of occasions, and every time it's worked out fine)

Who knew - being a decent human being sometimes pays dividends :D

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:33 am 

gyg wrote:
I've done similar and had similar done to me - you know how it goes - email from buyer saying basically ' s***, postage blows me away and I didn't realise - can we agree not to go ahead and I'll sort out your fees, so you're not out of pocket'. As a decent human the answer is of course - 'no problem, don't worry about the fee - s*** happens' - ET VOILA - positive fb all round and everyones happy. (And you get good karma of course as I've been the one to go cap in hand to a seller on a couple of occasions, and every time it's worked out fine)

Who knew - being a decent human being sometimes pays dividends :D

I actually had a seller contact me with a message like that once.  Did a BIN on some cheap short story collections and stupidly forgot to ask for a shipping quote beforehand.  Seller calculated the shipping, came back to me, and basically said "The shipping quote USPS just gave me for an international shipment is about 5 times what I was selling the books for.  Given that the books are well-used and musty, are you sure you want to end up paying that much for these?  No worries if you don't."

I can only imagine what Cougie would do if someone got squeamish after getting a shipping quote from him. :roll:  (I've never had to try, as the fact he doesn't respond to requests for quotes made me avoid him even before I knew of his reputation.)

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:58 am 

The sentiments in the last couple of posts remind me of something my Dad told me when I was a kid...

It's easy to be cordial and friendly when things are going fine, but you can tell the worth of a man by how he reacts when things go wrong.

As a subcontractor, my dad had to deal with the guys who, in turn, dealt with the customers. A lot of room for error there - since half of the guys we worked for didn't know crap about what it was that we did. Plus the regular mistakes that happen as a matter of day to day life in any area of work.

The good guys recognized this and didn't piss all over themselves when a mistake was made or a customer was unhappy. They rolled with it, knowing that a loss here or an inconvenience there didn't really make a difference. These were generally the guys who knew how to keep things in perspective (or were so rich, they didn't really care).

But the guys who overreacted to mistakes - even when it was theirs - had this bizarre need to absolve themselves of it.

I always considered that kind of reaction a sign of immaturity. That, or a reflection of a deep seeded insecurity about what they were doing.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:43 am 

g026r wrote:
I can only imagine what Cougie would do if someone got squeamish after getting a shipping quote from him. :roll:  (I've never had to try, as the fact he doesn't respond to requests for quotes made me avoid him even before I knew of his reputation.)

What Coogie does is log you down as a potential troublemaker if you query his excessive and hidden postal charges!

Then he replies with threats about reporting you as a NPB, just because i made the mistake of asking him to break down his postage amount.I also made the major mistake of actually having a "transnaction"(as coogie would put it) with him in the first place.

Then if he feels he may be looking at negative feedback at the end because of all the hassle. He will not bother to post the items, after taking your money.

Then he blames the post office yet again, and the fact that you did not pay even more for postal insurance.

Then he reports you for everything under the son to ebay,

He got me suspended for auction interferance despite the fact i never warned anyone off his auctions.

Because you see seemly e-bay listens to bogus "powah sellurs" before it will entertain the rest of us.

He even lodged a non payment dispute despite the fact i paid with paypal which was easily checkable, so that i would have unpaid strikes against me. As soon as i was suspended he dropped the dispute! Definately a true master of fiddling e-bay policys to suit himself.

Here is my Postal Query.

Hi, i just recieved your invoice for 7 dungeons & dragons modules that i won yesterday from yourself.Although i appreciate that i won the items quite cheaply the over excessive postage bill messes the gains up a bit.I have similar sized D&D items in my collection already, and on weighing seven of them in the Post Office where my Sister works (including a few large ones)the weight is still only 1kg (2.2 lbs).I then checked on the Royal Mail postage price for the correct pricing which was considerably less than the £10 you quoted?If you use the cheapest option of First Class Stamps the Standard Parcel Rate is

£2.70.Second class Stamps even less at £2.12 Standard Parcels.So even if we go with the expensive First Class option it is still £7.30 less than the price you quoted?

The postage price needs to be seriously reduced.I await your response.

Fielding.

Here is Coogies response to my query on postal charges,

"may I first point out a few details that you may have missed, as so might I, note I am replying, even though right in the middle of 550 invocied items form paying bidders and tryingn to list a similiar amiount?

I request that all buyers under 10 feedback email me BEFORE bidding? did you?  most of what your asking about would have been explained in that email?

I can send it now, although too late i feel?

i would like to piont out that you are zero rated, and cannot persume t otell me a 7,071 rated powerseller on over 35,000 trasnactions how to run my busines that been on ebay for 7 years and in  total 30 years worth of experience?   

heres a brief recap of my terms terms that YOU agreed to by bidding

buyer pays all shipping & handling, postage & packaging

any questions including S&H/P&P quotes to be ASKED BEFORE bidding

if sent seperately each items would cost / add £2.50 S&H/P&P minimum I can re invocie you at this rate if you wish?   thats 6x£2.50  = £15  AND not firgetting the two MC's in the one MC folder which weighs over 1.5 kg ALONE.   which I am sure your sister will tell you is a standard parcel or £5 alomost alone sans hadnling/ packaging?

I am this highly rated proffessional seller the laregst in the Uk for a reason,  i know what I am doing.

you are a good reason why i block most new sellers, please do not be any more trouble, I see no reson for further contcat other than an apology, and payment,

in 6 days i will process npb , strike, -FB,  and seek you as NRU

if your sister can send  up to a 4 KG  parcels for les than £3 i would like to meet her?    i have to pay ful royal mail prices. like you will.  thats almost  £8 postage, and £2  handloing. packaging, which I trust you dont mind?     please do not waste any more of my time.

heres the reply you would have had IF you had bothered to request low level PERMISSION to bid (IF I had allowed it)  ~ which i would no regret;"

I then replied,

Hi again Dave.Sorry my mistake, i thought i had just bid on two empty folders.The description was not very concise.That would explain the postage cost.Did not want to be a pest sorry, i will pay the required sum.Thank you.

Fielding

no one else has read it that way, and to be clear its one folder, with  MC Apps 1 + 2 in it;

apps 3 is FR

apps 4 id DL  whcih is folder two.

many other apps no other folders were produced.

this auction is for folder 1 (one )  with two apps  1&2

--dave

One week later no sign of my goods!

Hi Dave. I know you are busy  but any news on when to expect my mods? I paid a week ago with paypal.Thank you, Fielding.

He takes the time to reply and basically say nothing!

"PLEASE SEE my ebay about me page for delivery times

--dave"

(His delivery times state that you must wait an entire calander month before bothering him!)

Three weeks later, still no goods! Time to get scorpy! I had been very civil up till this point.

Hi again Dave,

Remember me? Im the guy who won seven items off you over three weeks ago.Actually 22 days ago.There has still been no sign of the goods

actually turning up? Have you even bothered to post them? I hope we can sort this out amicabably? Maybe you just overlooked posting the items? I have been civil with you despite threatning and arrogant emails.Your customer relation skills seriously need brushing up.I do not want

to threaten you with NFB in the way you did to me when i politely inquired about the postage rates.But if i do not recieve my goods i will be

left with little recourse.You harp on about satisfied customers but from what i can see things are really slipping lately. You can not keep blaming

the postal service on all these now quite common losses? Take from this what you will, but the bottom line is i want my goods which i have paid for 22 days ago.Sorry you do not want to be bothered with such trivia from an obvious newbie like myself, but if anyone wins an auction and pays your quite excessive postal (sting) rates they would be forgiven for surmising that they should actually recieve their paid for goods within

a week.No one waits a month without complaining?

Awaiting your reply, Fielding.

firstly I dislike your tone, there is no need for sarcasm, I endevour to please everyone but some people are just not pleaseable.  being rude is not the way to win favours with anyone least of all me.   trying to tell me how to run my business is also not going to aid your cause, espacially when you are 1 rated, and I am a 7 year ebay powerseller rated 7181 on iover 35,000 trasnactions and have been in the D&D industry for 31 years.   so IF you can be civil I help.  if not I'll block your ID and you can buy my stock via someone elses mark up, (I sell to a great many other retailers both in & out of ebay, all of whome addd their mark up for their profits)

I do not remmber you no, sorry but I answer 1,500 emaiks a day,  so by your numbers thats some 22,000 emails, and i dont have that good a memory sorry.   

My terms stated clearly that UK PO wont do anything until a month (20 WORKING days )  have passed in any event, so you are righty to ask (not complain) at this point in time.

I did a quick scan of your item details, ebay tell me this;

The buyer has changed or deleted this address from the system. Please contact the buyer for the correct postage address.

I think before I start chasing ghosts i need you to confirm the address / addresses that I am looking for?   when did you change it?   have you contacted your previous address?  could it have been sent there?

I dont want to be looking through several thousand reciepts for the wrong address?    whet was the address that you had / had registered on pay apl when you paid?   thats would have been where I had sent it?

I would finally like to point out to you my terms that appear on the auction listsing, on my about me page, on the invoice and on the email that I sent you granting permission to bid, altrhough it also appears below as it looks like you never actually requested permission being under 10 FB spo should not have bid atall?

you can see it anywhere but heres the relevant part;

INSURANCE: I would like to remind you at this stage that I offer insurance on all purchases/ wins. If you don't take it, accept it, pay for it, should anything happen to the item, loss, delay or both, you will not be covered. Sounds obvious but too many new users are taking advantage of systems in place to protect honest buyers. This will not be tolerated & I have put in place measures to stop it. If you don't agree with any of the above please just don't bid its that simple.

Even when buyers dont pay for the optional offered insurance I sometimes/ occasional give them credit/ refund/ replacement IF they have been courtious. but I am under no obligation to. and if a fraudulant chargeback is made I will meet it with all the options  I have learnt form ebay (and have never lost, although several have lost their ID's )

so please think and word your reply carefully.  no threats please, and you will find my services and postal charges competetive with others IF you had done a few thousand more transactions instead of one?

thanks

--dave

Hi Dave, My address has not changed it is still **********************.I would also like to sort this out peaceably.Fielding

I'll look into it for you

but why does ebay tell me hatthe address has changed then?

please be aware that as there was not insurance paid for the item was not send insured, so unless delivered or returned there is nothing that the Po will do  (as stated)

--dave

The items are for myself Fielding Melish but i am using ***** *****address that is why ebay says its a change of address. The name has been changed not the actual address. Can you confirm that you posted the goods? And if so when? Fielding.

No reply for about five days so i emailed again,

Dave,

since i have corrosponded with you have you managed to post my previous 7 items? You have still not replied to my friday email?

Is the corrospondence now at an end? Am i correct in now assuming that i will now never recieve my paid for goods?

Fielding.

Being the complete A Hole that he is Coogie then blocked me so i was left with little recourse but to Neg him.

Coogie then had to gloat about me getting banned,

thanks for proving me right. ebay have made you NRU, and if you notice all your FB has been removed form my account, all fees ahve been refun ded, and pay apl will be dropping the case as well. I can say that it has been thoroughly unpleaseant dealing with you and am glad I have help remove another NPB form ebay. I told ou that listening to those liars would only harm you ~ you never listened and so are now neck deep, enjoy, and in future dont believe what liars tell you, I have been fighting them for years, I am only sirry that you sided with them, may I ask why? dont you know how to compare my 35,000 +FB's with their less than half that total combined? thats what FB is for to guage trust, not listen to how many lies they can spin? still you learnt the hard way I guess? good bye.

Congratulations Dave,

But get off your high horse, all i wanted was my items i paid you for. You chose to be nasty in your emails not myself.

Dont know how you managed to say i interfered with your auctions? But i suppose ebay listens to powersellers

before noobies such as myself. As to this conspiracy you keep hinting at?  I have nothing personally against you

i was just responding in a way that would draw your attention. Try being a bit more civil to your customers when they

query your postage rates, and in that way you might very well find that disgruntled % may be reduced even still, but then

again maybe not.

Fielding.

thank you for the civil email, I was not expecting it to be honest.

I really do not need to take advice form less than zero rated ex ebay NRU but thank anyways.   

i have been doing this for 31 years, 7 on ebay, I have thus far purchased two houses form the profits.   so i  must be doing something right?  

I have detailed terms, including the "please contact me before bidding if less than 10 FB"  one and the "insurance" one so that buyers understand my terms, the fcat that if thye want the assureance of insurance they |MUST pay for it and understand my way of doing business.

it was unfortunate that your parcel went missing, i assume its still not arrived?  I have not had it returned.     I send out 500 + items in 200+ parcels a week via a regular weekly PO van collection,    only a very small % of these gho missing,. the PO recon 2% I calculate mine as 1 %   but it was unfortunate that it was yours. and that yours was not insured.     

I explained the postage charges, fully I believe, and it had nothing to do with the parces loss.    I answer P&P/S&H daily form all over the world, if i never sent items i would not be UK largest D&D seller, 35,000 trasnactions on ebay alone in the last 7 years, many more times that in the 31 years and direct sales.    notice 95% of my sales are repeat customers. must mean something?  i woukld rarther have a customer for the rest of my businesses life than to stiff them on one trasnaction?  good business?   NOT what you are suggesting atall?

in fact when non insured items do go missing I often offer token credits from my own pocket as a good will guesture, with the understanding that on future items insurance IS purchased.    YOU never let me get that far, began accusing me of not sending the item, and the -FB, that was so hurtful, and nasty.  

still I guess you paid the price ultimately and while i may have encoutered 50 -FB leavers for whatever reason, at least that 99.3% +FB  better than you'll ever be as a NRU?

why did ebay finally kick you off?  did you try the non arrival trick on others?   not pay your bill?    treated others like you did me thus making it impossible to trade with you?    what?

I almost feel sorry for you now, obviously taking advise from others who also have told you lies about me, but with the chargeback still active (at least for now till pay pal finish their research into you NRU with their sister company,  ebay)    I cannot even think about trading with you again.   I have relisted & sold the items you refused to pay for,  as is my ebay right, in accordance to their non payer policy rules.

as yourself this IF  I am so bad a trader, how have I achieved 31years of business?   7 years on ebay?  7272 rated, on 35,000 transactions?    POWERSELLER?   and why would i pick on you?      WHY?

what makes you so special?   please dont say cos i answered your quesy on P&P?  I do that daily, UK is most expensive PO in the world and non one beleieves our prices IF I banned/ did not send everyone who asked i 'd have no customers, instead of 7272  ~ I aim to be biggest D&D seller in the world, i started with nothing, have in 7 years FULL time working at it become biggest in UK, rated about 10th in world, how could i achive that not sending items?    HOW?  whats your thinking behind it?> please tell me?

--dave

"i would like to piont out that you are zero rated, and cannot persume t otell me a 7,071 rated powerseller on over 35,000 trasnactions how to run my busines that been on ebay for 7 years and in  total 30 years worth of experience?" The Coogster!

am this highly rated proffessional seller the laregst in the Uk for a reason,  i know what I am doing.

"you are a good reason why i block most new sellers, please do not be any more trouble, I see no reson for further contcat other than an apology, and payment, in 6 days i will process npb , strike, -FB,  and seek you as NRU" The Coogster!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:47 am 

Here they are in all their Negative glory!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:35 am 

Well, I am not surprised - but saddened nonetheless - that I received an email from eBay this morning, saying they will NOT remove cougar's negative feedback. However, it's the first of many emails from eBay I've received that actually gives some indication they know what he is up to.

Dear Matt,

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to your concern about the
unwelcome
buyer you reported.

We are very concerned about violations on the site and have thoroughly
investigated your report. The eBay Privacy Policy prevents me from
discussing the specifics of our investigation. Matt, as much as I would
want to take action on this buyer, I can tell you, however, that in
this
instance we didn't find evidence that a violation occurred.

I understand your concern about this situation, and we can reopen the
investigation if we receive additional information about the possible
violation. Please feel free to contact the SafeHarbor team with
additional information about this account.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reply to this
email and let us know.

Sincerely,
Lottie

eBay Customer Support

Usually, I just get a default reply, but this time there was actually some inclination to see my point:

Matt, as much as I would
want to take action on this buyer, I can tell you

All I can say to new buyers and sellers who deal with him...don't let him get away with ANYTHING. If he breaks eBay's rules, let them know! I will be turning him in NOW for feedback boosting, which he freely admits to in his last email. Perhaps that will put a new spin on his true colors.

Original 28mm fantasy gaming miniatures at http://www.centerstageminis.com

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:10 pm 

Its a form letter. Including your name in it means nothing, since they can script that using a variable like %userfirstname% or whatever. If you'd signed up as DonkeyFist and not your real name, replace Matt with DonkeyFist and the email would've been the same. Welcome to the high world of auto-reply.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:21 pm 

serleran wrote:Its a form letter. Including your name in it means nothing, since they can script that using a variable like %userfirstname% or whatever. If you'd signed up as DonkeyFist and not your real name, replace Matt with DonkeyFist and the email would've been the same. Welcome to the high world of auto-reply.

Definitely.  I'd send back a response to them that you are not satisfied with this answer and that you demand to speak with someone in charge. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 32 of 111123 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 109110111