Cougarrinard is now using Ebay ID of littleprincessfreya
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 28 of 111123 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 109110111
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 18, 2007 4:01 pm 

Center_Stage_Hobbies wrote:No, the email was truly from eBay.

I even sent a reply back...asking them why he is right for bidding on a US only auction and I am WRONG for complaining that he didn't honor the auction terms and like a true bully BID ANYWAY!

Let's see what they say.

Don't be surprised if you get an apology from them because of your response and it will likely from someone different then the person who originally emailed you in the first place.  

I have personally had complaints that I had sent in that were originally responded to not only in a rude manor by the first responder, but also by someone who clearly did not even bother to read the message that I sent in. It was pretty much an F**k You response.  :x   Coincidentaly, I actually just got one these a few days ago.  :roll:  Since the issue wasn't directly related to me personally and therefore it wasn't even worth me fighting with them about it, I just ignored it and deleted the email.  

Ebay has some real asshats who work there, although that should not come as much of a surprise to anyone.  It seems to be par for the course though, as its becoming more and more commonplace and it seems that the US workforce is just really filling up more and more with paycheck collectors. :?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 18, 2007 4:16 pm 

have we figured out that this is an anti-US thing??

i've just got what I ordered in quick time and condition was better than the VGC in the description. I seem to recall someone posting that he gives the UK customers a fairly decent service.

reading this thread makes me feel like a scab during the miners strike. :oops:  :(

An té nach mbíonn láidir ní folláir dó bheith glic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-ajduHx5hc

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 18, 2007 4:23 pm 

obiter wrote:have we figured out that this is an anti-US thing??

i've just got what I ordered in quick time and condition was better than the VGC in the description. I seem to recall someone posting that he gives the UK customers a fairly decent service.

reading this thread makes me feel like a scab during the miners strike. :oops:  :(

Unfortunately, it really not an anti-US thing though, its seems to me to be more of "luck" thing. If you look at Dave's negs, they are actually pretty evenly divided nowadays between both UK and non-UK users.  It could be a select few like you, AL, Ian and perhaps a few others that he makes sure he treats well, but to be honest in the last 2 years he is evening out his assholeness to both home and abroad. :roll:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:09 pm 

Looks like Dave is bargining in on another "US only" auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... &rd=1&rd=1

Anyone up for emailing the seller telling him about Dave's penchance for violating Ebays rules by barging in unwanted on auctions, as well his history of bad luck with untrackable shipments?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 18, 2007 8:00 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Looks like Dave is bargining in on another "US only" auction:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Anyone up for emailing the seller telling him about Dave's penchance for violating Ebays rules by barging in unwanted on auctions, as well his history of bad luck with untrackable shipments?

Yep...the price he's paying now is WAY beyond what it worth...but I guess it doesn't matter what you pay when you already know the package will end up "lost" in the mail, and you'll be charging it back anyhow... :roll:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 12:03 am 

Sent.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 7:02 pm 

I have bought from cougar a number of times as I have mentioned before. Generally his service has been OK but then I am in Scotland. Now when something does go wrong he has a fit (Swearing, threats, demands) and if you want your item or money back veiled threats and persistent demands seem to work. A lot does seem to depend on what you pay for an item. If he thinks it's a fair price you will get fairly nice packaging (For him). If you get a bunch of things at 99p expect cut up boxes and tape.

He doesn't seem to be selling much lately. I know I haven't bought anything from him for maybe all year because he has pretty much just been selling junk or things I have.

His bidding on items that compete with his auctions is really bad though and he has done it to one of my local game stores. He seems to feel he can take a little bad feedback but other people can't as he has a lot of feedback.

Is the little princess account still around or did it die off after he lost his shirt from having no feedback? When he started that I admit I bought a few books for 99p I just couldn't resist the bargain and let's face it he will have lost on the deals I made.

Oh and always, always ask the postage price first or he will jack it up.

His wife seems nice from the emails I got from her. I got a few items one month and she was running things instead of him. The packaging was better, the service and communication better as well as fairly fair postage.

Oh yes and never ever listen to his VGC which he puts on every item ASK, ASK, ask until you find out what the item is actually like.

After all that all I can say is pray that luck is with you. Me, I like riding my luck and sometimes I just cannot resist the price though I might curse myself afterwards for giving him my money.

Just be careful as you should be in all you're buying.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 7:14 pm 

Don't be sure he even has a wife, i.e. It puts the lotion on it's skin.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 9:09 pm 

lacedaemon wrote:I.

After all that all I can say is pray that luck is with you. Me, I like riding my luck and sometimes I just cannot resist the price though I might curse myself afterwards for giving him my money.

Just be careful as you should be in all you're buying.

A better idea is to avoid Cougie's auctions all together.  There are a lot of alternatives to dealing with a known liar, cheat and asshat. Mostly sellers that don't accumulate Mutual Withdrawls like hookers accumulating VD, and wont' bend you over for shipping and curse you like a sailor when you don't immediately leave positive feedback. There are lots of excellent sellers out there, which will serve you better than just praying your luck will hold.....

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 3:09 am 

If he doesn't have a wife he must have some serious split personality thing going on because when she was replying to my emails she was polite and could spell.

I have not bought from him in a long time but if he is the only person with something I want I will still probably buy from him. A lot of things just don't turn up very often for sale.

**** dream ****

of varsks and winter witches

Personalities of the blood

**** dream ****

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 9:33 am 

lacedaemon wrote:If he doesn't have a wife he must have some serious split personality thing going on because when she was replying to my emails she was polite and could spell.

I have not bought from him in a long time but if he is the only person with something I want I will still probably buy from him. A lot of things just don't turn up very often for sale.

This is the kind of thing that should make buyers wary of the Coug; his latest neg (soon to be a mutual withdraw near you):

typical new user assumes rarther than asks or reading listing, AVOID BLOCK wipe Seller: cougarrinard ( 7309)  May-23-07 15:09
Reply by cryingsmile (May-23-07 22:36):
It was missing a part of the item without mentoning it on the description
Follow-up by cougarrinard (May-24-07 01:37):
item was listed as it was sent, no map was mentioned, why think map present?

TSR AD&D GREYHAWK PLAYERS GUIDE 9578 VGC (#120116840186)

So Couglish logic:  Even though the item ORIGINALLY CAME WITH A MAP; if not map is NOT SPECIFICALLY MENTIONED IN THE DESCRIPTION,  you shouldn't expect it.  

There is nothing Cougar has that cannot be found cheaper, and in better condiition, with better service, from any number of sellers on Ebay....

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 11:29 am 

It was missing a part of the item without mentoning it on the description
Follow-up by cougarrinard (May-24-07 01:37):
item was listed as it was sent, no map was mentioned, why think map present?

The buyer does not mention a map, yet Cogger does, looks like he'd sent the item out knowing full well that there won't be any maps present...
I think we ought to get a dog to roger him, hard.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:41 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Looks like Dave is bargining in on another "US only" auction:

Here's another, for those who concern themselves with such things...

http://cgi.ebay.com/AD-D-D-D-D20-The-Mi ... dZViewItem

I've noticed his name popping up more and more as a bidder in the last couple weeks, particularly on single items and things he can't necessarily work his M-bag magic on. And his bids are often higher than what I as an end buyer would be willing to pay, let alone without the Diamond Dave markup factored in (he bid $50 on an H4 from the same seller!). I guess it doesn't matter as much whether it's large lots or single items if they all end up "missing" in the post anyway...

"i consider myslef lucky that i am not in your clicky web site stainers one & all" - littleprincessfreya aka cougarrinard

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 9:58 pm 

schief wrote:

Here's another, for those who concern themselves with such things...

I've noticed his name popping up more and more as a bidder in the last couple weeks, particularly on single items and things he can't necessarily work his M-bag magic on. And his bids are often higher than what I as an end buyer would be willing to pay, let alone without the Diamond Dave markup factored in (he bid $50 on an H4 from the same seller!). I guess it doesn't matter as much whether it's large lots or single items if they all end up "missing" in the post anyway...

These are probably not the best of times for the kitty...but should afford amusement to the rest of us. Cougie haters should have a bravo summer.

Right off, Ebay's new feedback system is already showing cracks in the Cougie's armor. He can bully a neg into a MW, but there is nothing he can do about the five star rating, which doesn't even show WHO left WHAT, and can't be retracted.  Expect these to slowly go down to four stars....and below...as he racks up more unpleased customers.  That, or he'll actually be forced to shape up his act somewhat to avoid an ugly looking star chart...

The new way of operating for the USPS is going to kick the Coug in the nads financially.   First, M-bags as we know it no longer exist...he must pay the more expensive USPS international or Global interntional shipping. Second, EVERYTHING sent internationally from the US by the global designation (which is mandatory with anything over, say, 4 lbs) has tracking and insurance included.  No more lost packages and chargebacks....or risk getting in trouble with the USPS, federal authorities who could file mail fraud charges, international mail fraud, etc.  If Coug pulls the "lost in the mail scam" again with a large order, the seller only need to go online, enter a few numbers, and very quickly be appraised of whether or not the package has reached it's destination.  Hell, if the seller does postage online, signature confirmation for international orders is only a click away also....making this scam unworkable.

Either way, Coug's bottom line is going to be affected.  Which may be why he's back to his old faithful "corner the market on module X" strategy lately, maybe hoping to offset his loses with driving up the prices on a few choice items only he'll be able to offer....?

Should be interesting.....

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 1:28 pm 

Hi,

I know that this is a nice lot, but is it really worth nearly $400 to a dealer?? My tightwad max was about $140  :lol:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=020

Cheers,

Malcolm

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 1:43 pm 

lawrenson wrote:Hi,

I know that this is a nice lot, but is it really worth nearly $400 to a dealer?? My tightwad max was about $140  :lol:

Cheers,
Malcolm

Well they are offering no additional charge for pickups, but I agree, $350???  :?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 2:00 pm 

As a dealer I'd pay $180 shipped if I could guarentee most of the sets were complete, and that's on the high end, but I'd go high since Planescape moves quickly.  $350, where's the profit?  I can't imagine he needs these for a personal collection, when you're reselling you pick up the stuff like this as you go for yourself.  =/

He did the same on a set I was interested in last month, him and a 0 bidder ran it up over $130 more than I could possibly rationalize spending.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:33 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Well they are offering no additional charge for pickups, but I agree, $350???  :?

Yeah, but he would have to leave the house for that tho.

Cheers,
Malcolm

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 28 of 111123 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 109110111