Cougarrinard is now using Ebay ID of littleprincessfreya
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 26 of 111123 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 109110111
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:53 pm 

Zanzer Tem wrote:

ps.  Smarmy:  your items have been mailed.  Thanks for the bid.  

Huzzah - score for the good guys :D

And thanks for the post Zanzer Tem, more insight into Daves state of mind.

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:55 pm 

Looks like Dave isn't happy with his recent blight of negs on his main account so he has resorted yet again to feedback boosting:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... ackAsBuyer

What wass that again about your superior feedback score there Dave?  Are you pointing out thats its fake and overinflated by all these feedback boosters that you go to when a little too much truth starts to leak out?  

Dave if you were so freaking pathetic you would be the best joke ever.  Your feedback is just like everything else that you claim to have in your disgusting rodent like life.... FAKE.    Your feedback which you are so obsessed with is but a reflection of the low down piece of garbage that you really are.

BTW, I am also reporting you for this as well. Just another rule of Ebay steamrolled by the great Cougarrinard.  Sorry there Dave, times up you have got to go.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:10 pm 

Zanzer Tem wrote:
ps.  Smarmy:  your items have been mailed.  Thanks for the bid.  

pss.  I discovered this thread by searching for "ebay cougarinnard" on Google today!  I often use the Acaeum as a resource, but have never read the forums until now.  Thanks for the support everybody.

Once again, thanks for the providing the second-chance offer.  I wasn't sure what to expect after losing to the Coug.  :wink:  Sorry to hear he has been harrassing you, but kudos to you for standing your ground.  :)  From reading these forums and now from my minor involvement in this incident, it seems obvious he doesn't like to lose and he doesn't always play fair.  I'm not sure his motivations are entirely rational, but make sure you block the C-tard from future auctions so he can't bid again. :D

Now that you're a bona fide member of the Acaeum, welcome.  And to that special C-nard out there ...

Score two for the home team !!!  :D  :D  :D

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:12 pm 

Zanzer Tem wrote:I'll let y'all know if anything comes of the situation.

Zanzer:

1. Welcome to The Acaeum! I hope you'll stay and contribute to other threads, too.

2. Everything you just mentioned about theCougTard ... Report it to eBay. All of it. One violation at a time. Send them copies of whatever they request, do whatever they ask, but report it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:13 pm 

Email I just sent to Ebay here:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/contact_us/_ ... ntinue+%3E

Listing Violations > Fraudulent listings (illegal seller demands, you didn't receive item, etc) > You suspect that a listing is fraudulent you didn't bid

Item number(s):

** expired/removed eBay auction **

This individual Cougarrinard:  http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... ackAsBuyer

has been abusing the Ebay feedback system for some time now.  Not only does he bully people into giving him undeserved positve feedback, he also retailates by giving undeserved negative feedback and he also tries to force people into mutual feedback withdrawls.  Now because he is viewing his feedback score as being to poor, he has resorted to bidding on a bunch of Feedback Boosting auctions which are also a blatant violation of Ebays rules.  This person is perhaps one Ebays worst members and has been vioating its rules for years now.  This last thing is not the first time that he has done this and he needs to be dealt with appropriately.  Please do someting about him ASAP as if nothing is done he will continue to trample all over Ebay's rules at the expense of the rest of the community.  Thank you.

If anyone gets the chance, please report these auctions as well. I have had it.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:14 pm 

How can he be making a profit on this unless he never intends to pay for it - basically this auction is for a Rules Cylopedia for $52.00 + shipping - WTF

Speaking of chargeback!

And BC is dead right about the FB manipulation

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:15 pm 

I am also sending a similar email here:

Buying and Finding > Problems with sellers > The problem you're having with your seller isn't listed

Member or Item being reported: cougarrinard

Message: This individual Cougarrinard:  http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... ackAsBuyer

has been abusing the Ebay feedback system for some time now.  Not only does he bully people into giving him undeserved positve feedback, he also retailates by giving undeserved negative feedback and he also tries to force people into mutual feedback withdrawls.  Now because he is viewing his feedback score as being to poor, he has resorted to bidding on a bunch of Feedback Boosting auctions which are also blatant violation of Ebays rules.  This person is perhaps one Ebays worst members and has been vioating its rules for years now.  This last thing is not the first time that he has done this and he needs to be dealt with appropriately.  To be honest, I am not sure if a day doesn;t go buy where this individual does violate at least one of Ebay's rules.  Please do something about him ASAP as if nothing is done he will continue to trample all over Ebay's rules at the expense of the rest of the community.  Thank you.

Again, if everyone could also take the time to report this one as well, hopefully we can make some headway with Ebay.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:32 pm 

bclarkie wrote:If anyone gets the chance, please report these auctions as well. I have had it.

I just reported the first four of these. I'm going to break them up into smaller chunks and report them to eBay one day at a time.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:38 pm 

bclarkie wrote:I am also sending a similar email here:

Buying and Finding > Problems with sellers > The problem you're having with your seller isn't listed

Member or Item being reported: cougarrinard

Message: This individual Cougarrinard:  http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... ackAsBuyer

has been abusing the Ebay feedback system for some time now.  Not only does he bully people into giving him undeserved positve feedback, he also retailates by giving undeserved negative feedback and he also tries to force people into mutual feedback withdrawls.  Now because he is viewing his feedback score as being to poor, he has resorted to bidding on a bunch of Feedback Boosting auctions which are also blatant violation of Ebays rules.  This person is perhaps one Ebays worst members and has been vioating its rules for years now.  This last thing is not the first time that he has done this and he needs to be dealt with appropriately.  To be honest, I am not sure if a day doesn;t go buy where this individual does violate at least one of Ebay's rules.  Please do something about him ASAP as if nothing is done he will continue to trample all over Ebay's rules at the expense of the rest of the community.  Thank you.

Again, if everyone could also take the time to report this one as well, hopefully we can make some headway with Ebay.

Complied and reported on both posts BC. Is it not also illegal on ebay to send items won electronically over the net?

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:22 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
If anyone gets the chance, please report these auctions as well. I have had it.

Thanks for taking the lead, bclarkie.   :D  Here is the email I just sent to Ebay's customer service.

smarmy1 wrote:

To whom it may concern,

I recently sent an email to customer service about an Ebay PowerSeller, "cougarrinard," and his apparent violation of the 'Unwelcome and Malicious Buying' policy.  The Ebay auction reference number was  
and the violation was due to the fact that as a self-identified, resident of the UK he should not have bid on a clearly stated "US bidders only" auction.  According to your privacy policy, you do not necessarily inform us of your actions in these matters which I can appreciate and accept.

Unfortunately, this Ebay PowerSeller appears to be side-stepping another Ebay policy, that of "Feedback Manipulation," http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/fee ... ation.html  According to your own policy:  

"It is a violation to exchange feedback for the sole purpose of increasing your feedback score to obtain site privileges or enhance your reputation. This most frequently occurs when a person purchases low priced, non-physical items, but may include other types of transactions as well."

While the user's purchases may be for legitimate reasons, the frivolous feedback left for these almost non-consequential items, only serves to artificially inflate his feedback score which many of us use to evaluate the legitimacy of the sellers on your site.  While your new scaled-feedback system is greatly appreciated and will certainly provide further clarification on the current positive-neutral-negative ratings, participating in multiple, trivial auctions with $0.01 BuyItNow prices can only serve to overwhelm any legitimate, negative feedback received.  

As a further refinement to your system and to eliminate this form of feedback abuse, I would suggest providing a graded feedback breakdown showing total feedback grouped into price ranges:  $0.01 - $ 1.00 = x, $1.01 - $10.00 = y, $10.01 - $50.00 = z, etc.  This would allow such users as "cougarrinard" to continue to buy these items, but provide potential buyers such as myself with the information necessary to make a better, informed decision about the legitimacy of a seller.

Thank you for your attention.

Hopefully, if enough people make Ebay aware of Coug's continued violations of their own policies, they will take action and deal with him once and for all.   :wink:

Last edited by smarmy1 on Thu May 10, 2007 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:54 pm 

To whom it may concern,

I recently sent an email to customer service about an Ebay PowerSeller, "cougarrinard," and his apparent violation of the 'Unwelcome and Malicious Buying' policy.  The Ebay auction reference number was  
and the violation was due to the fact that as a self-identified, resident of the UK he should not have bid on a clearly stated "US bidders only" auction.  According to your privacy policy, you do not necessarily inform us of your actions in these matters which I can appreciate and accept.

Unfortunately, this Ebay PowerSeller appears to be side-stepping another Ebay policy, that of "Feedback Manipulation," http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/fee ... ation.html.  According to your own policy:  

"It is a violation to exchange feedback for the sole purpose of increasing your feedback score to obtain site privileges or enhance your reputation. This most frequently occurs when a person purchases low priced, non-physical items, but may include other types of transactions as well."

While the user's purchases may be for legitimate reasons, the frivolous feedback left for these almost non-consequential items, only serves to artificially inflate his feedback score which many of us use to evaluate the legitimacy of the sellers on your site.  While your new scaled-feedback system is greatly appreciated and will certainly provide further clarification on the current positive-neutral-negative ratings, participating in multiple, trivial auctions with $0.01 BuyItNow prices can only serve to overwhelm any legitimate, negative feedback received.  

As a further refinement to your system and to eliminate this form of feedback abuse, I would suggest providing a graded feedback breakdown showing total feedback grouped into price ranges:  $0.01 - $ 1.00 = x, $1.01 - $10.00 = y, $10.01 - $50.00 = z, etc.  This would allow such users as "cougarrinard" to continue to buy these items, but provide potential buyers such as myself with the information necessary to make a better, informed decision about the legitimacy of a seller.

Thank you for your attention.

Bloody hell Smarmy1 - you don't mess about do you?!

(remind me never to piss you off :D )

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:22 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:I just reported the first four of these. I'm going to break them up into smaller chunks and report them to eBay one day at a time.

Ditto. I'm reporting them one each day.  Spreads them out, just like the Spam spread on Cougie's daily half dozen sandwiches...

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:44 pm 

gyg wrote:Bloody hell Smarmy1 - you don't mess about do you?!

(remind me never to piss you off :D )

No problems there, gyg!   :)  Believe it or not, I'm actually pretty easy going, more of a paper tiger (not cougar) you might say.   :wink: Now that I've experiend C-taint first-hand, however slight, I'm just doing my part.  I was unaware of the feedback infraction until BClarkie pointed it out and am only to happy to mention it to Ebay.

As our former First Lady (and possibly future president 8O)  said,

"It takes a village to raze a C-tard."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:57 pm 

smarmy1 wrote:
"It takes a village to raze a C-tard."

That's clasic!  :lol:

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 7:39 am 

sorry to sound like a complete and utter dork.....but what is feedback boosting?

i take so little notice of my feedback, i havent got a clue :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:31 am 

killjoy32,

Check out the following link I found on Ebay and the associated example from the same page under "Feedback Manipulation":

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/fee ... ation.html

While it does not appear to be a cardinal sin on Ebay, it is harmful enough for them to mention it.  :wink:

Sorry to all but the previous url I referenced had a final '.' and was not pointed to the appropriate page.  I apologize for the inconvenience.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:50 am 

killjoy32 wrote:sorry to sound like a complete and utter dork.....but what is feedback boosting?

i take so little notice of my feedback, i havent got a clue :)

Al

Al;

Typically takes the form of selling non-existent or worthless products that don't actually have to be shipped (usually cost 1 cent, or are advertised as such).  Something along the lines of "Secrets to Ebay!", which is a digital file that can be emailed, sold to as many buyers as wished for 1 cent each.  The purpose isn't to distribute a product, merely a vehicle so all the parties can leave themselves glowing positive feedback.Illegal under Ebay rules...

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 12:03 pm 

Al, those item numbers that Brian posted? All of them lead to either fake items, digital items, or items that are never intended to be actually shipped. The whole idea is for the "buyer" and "seller" to quickly leave each other feedback. And, yes, it is as pathetic as it sounds ...

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 26 of 111123 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 109110111