Cougarrinard is now using Ebay ID of littleprincessfreya
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 25 of 111123 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 109110111
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:06 am 

Center_Stage_Hobbies wrote: Or is he just milking the hobby for what it is worth and having fun at the expense of people who genuinely love RPGs?

I reckon so.

" I AM THE COUG AND I WILL RULE YOUR FOOLISH HOBBY - BOW DOWN BEFORE MY MIGHTY H1, PUNY MORTALS .....BWAH HAH HAH HAH"

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:10 am 

Sorry it took so long to respond, but I needed a moment to compose my thoughts.  I did not feel comfortable asking the seller to file a complaint, but rather, as participant in the auction, I felt justified to contact Ebay directly.  Here is what I sent to Ebay customer support on the subject of 'Unwelcome & Malicious Buying':

To whom it may concern,

I recently bid on Ebay auction,  
** expired/removed eBay auction **
, AD&D D Dungeons Dragons Lankhmar adventure modules lot.  Unfortunately, I did not win the auction outright.  Rather the auction was won by 'cougarrinard', an Ebay PowerSeller based in the United Kingdom (according to his Ebay My World Page).  The auction listing clearly stated 'US bidders only.' According to the 'Unwelcome and Malicious Buying' section on Ebay's help page, http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/unw ... uying.html, this is an example of 'Failure to meet a seller's terms'.  I would expect someone who has achieved Ebay's PowerSeller status to respect the rules in order to maintain the prestigious reputation accorded PowerSellers.

Fortunately, the seller honored the 'US bidder only' auction terms, and soon after I received a second-chance offer for the items which I promptly purchased.  I certainly appreciate this seller's honesty and integrity in this matter which is a refreshing change.  While I was in no way harmed materially, emotionally, or financially by initially losing the auction, I do feel, as part of the ebay community, my duty to report activity, inadvertent or otherwise, which may be a violation of Ebay rules.  If you have any questions or require additional information, please feel free to contact me.

Sincerely,
smarmy1

Hopefully, this will give him pause the next time he considers bidding in the Colonies. :wink:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:12 am 

Would it help if I also forwarded my email correspondence, in which I told him I wouldn't ship that huge lot to the UK....and his follow up persistence on why I SHOULD???

Original 28mm fantasy gaming miniatures at http://www.centerstageminis.com

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:16 am 

gyg wrote:I've been meaning to ask - what made the Coug mail you that message in the first place - it seemed really out of character for him to actually jump in like that?

Searching memory banks ... searching ... searching.

I'm pretty sure it was a response to a "gotcha!" email that I sent him after he went with private feedback on the LPF account. I know it was childish of me, but I couldn't resist, as it represented a rare, tangible victory over Darth Cougar.

So, in response, I got that ... whatever the hell it was. Semi-English manifesto, maybe?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:18 am 

smarmy1 wrote:Sorry it took so long to respond, but I needed a moment to compose my thoughts.  I did not feel comfortable asking the seller to file a complaint, but rather, as participant in the auction, I felt justified to contact Ebay directly.  Here is what I sent to Ebay customer support on the subject of 'Unwelcome & Malicious Buying':
To whom it may concern,

I recently bid on Ebay auction,  
, AD&D D Dungeons Dragons Lankhmar adventure modules lot. Unfortunately, I did not win the auction outright. Rather the auction was won by 'cougarrinard', an Ebay PowerSeller based in the United Kingdom (according to his Ebay My World Page). The auction listing clearly stated 'US bidders only.' According to the 'Unwelcome and Malicious Buying' section on Ebay's help page, http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/unw ... uying.html, this is an example of 'Failure to meet a seller's terms'. I would expect someone who has achieved Ebay's PowerSeller status to respect the rules in order to maintain the prestigious reputation accorded PowerSellers.

Fortunately, the seller honored the 'US bidder only' auction terms, and soon after I received a second-chance offer for the items which I promptly purchased. I certainly appreciate this seller's honesty and integrity in this matter which is a refreshing change. While I was in no way harmed materially, emotionally, or financially by initially losing the auction, I do feel, as part of the ebay community, my duty to report activity, inadvertent or otherwise, which may be a violation of Ebay rules. If you have any questions or require additional information, please feel free to contact me.

Sincerely,
smarmy1

Hopefully, this will give him pause the next time he considers bidding in the Colonies. :wink:

Well put indeed - whether ebay take note is the next question - but the moral high ground is yours!(as are the Lankhmar Mods - savour this victory :wink: )

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:19 am 

Xaxaxe wrote:Searching memory banks ... searching ... searching.

I'm pretty sure it was a response to a "gotcha!" email that I sent him after he went with private feedback on the LPF account. I know it was childish of me, but I couldn't resist, as it represented a rare, tangible victory over Darth Cougar.

So, in response, I got that ... whatever the hell it was. Semi-English manifesto, maybe?

Bravo sir!

Sometimes I feel that many of us should be doing better things with our time! (But hey, I'm on the clock at work so what do I care!!)

Semi-English manifesto, maybe
- Ill-informed rant works well for me

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:28 am 

Xaxaxe wrote:
I gotta say ... truer words have probably never been spoken on these forums.

Cougar abuses eBay's policies every day of every week of every month. All kidding aside, he is a menace. But he knows how to play the system, so he usually gets away with it ... the shutting down of the LPF user ID was, frankly, a rare victory for the good guys.

Brian is right: he needs to be reported with more frequency and more consistency and from more sources. That's the bottom line.

A final thought: we've had some discussion here recently about how some threads or some individual posts at The Acaeum have had the overall effect of "damaging the hobby." Which is fine, I guess, although I don't agree at all. I would argue, though, that Cougar's bullying, rip-off tactics, feedback abuse, and general disdain for eBay's regulations are 100 times more damaging to the hobby than anything that has ever been said here. Cougar is the problem here, not these random clowns we sometimes get who spam the classifieds or try to justify their elaborate shilling schemes.

I've said this for years...everyone he rips off is a potential customer (for those of us making a living selling on Ebay) that might not buy anything further, or a potential seller that decides to just haul his next load of D&D stuff down to the rubbish bin rather than auction it on ebay and have the M-Bag Special cause him to lose his items and the cost of the items.  Which is why people like myself and the good people on this website have been all over his antics for years, and hopefully have done some good work in educated the public about his rabidness.  Make no mistake about it, this moron is public enemy #1 in our hobby because of his methodical, souless, unethical and plain evil manipulation of both buyers and sellers. The damage he does our hobby, I'll agree with X, it's so much worse than any random poster here or dork or ebay, because of the plodding, efficient ruthlessness Cougie uses to both rip people off and then mess their ebay id up in the end.   He may be a dyslexic fat ass, but he's as cunning as any three foxes put together.

If everyone would just do a little, it could help so much. Encourage those beaten down by Cougie to leave negative feedback and NOT withdraw it.  As has been said before, a neg by the Coug is a badge of honor in this hobby.  Also encourage those subjected to his tactics to report him to ebay....after awhile, even super duper triple titanium sellers will get booted if they are breaking rules right and left.  If you want to do your part but can't do much, do something fun and boost all of Cougie's auctions (the ones he's bidding on) $5-$10 just for laughs (I myself used to do this ALL the time but haven't enjoyed this entertainment in awhile).  His bidding pattern is pitifully predictible and can easily be discerned.

I've figured long ago he doesn't need money...don't know if he inherited some, or what, but he HAS to lose money at this thing.  Even the M-Bag Scheme and jacked up shipping can't be bringing him a profit.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:50 am 

What's good for the goose... (my mum used to say it... not really sure what she meant but....)

It has come to my attentions that certain individuals are trying to warn my customers away with lies about me. It should be easy to see who is the more respectable ebay trader just compare our respective feedback scores? You will see that I am several times their rating. If you have been e-mailed by someone with silly lies about me please report it to ebay as it is auction interferance & treated very seriously. The danger being someone may actually believe the lies and lose out on great items because of a few idiots. Please report any such e-mails to e-bay & me asap, thanks.

This from the Littleprincessfreya about me page - just in case you felt bad about reporting him

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:37 am 

gyg wrote:
Well put indeed - whether ebay take note is the next question - but the moral high ground is yours!(as are the Lankhmar Mods - savour this victory :wink: )

Thanks gyg for the encouraging words.  The automated response I received from Ebay was definitely directed towards sellers complaining about unwelcome bidding and not buyers like me.  Who knows maybe they'll take notice when buyers start complaining about other buyers(Cougtanium PowerSellers) violating Ebay rules. :o

I've been very impressed with the manner in which the Acaeum community has addressed other Ebay issues outside of the C-man, particularly those of copyright/IP infringement, excessive shipping charges, shilling, etc.  Hopefully, if enough people complain about him to Ebay with actual violations of Ebay rules, he will be banned or suspended.  As I do not have the long history or painful association with the Coug as many of you, I hope you will not think badly of me for not contacting the seller directly.  I wanted to give Ebay the opportunity to respond before I contacted the seller especially since he, the seller, honored the 'US bidders only' requirement.  Perhaps I am overly cautious when it comes to sending this type of 'warning' email, but am glad that Xaxaxe did it.  Hopefully, the seller will take heed of X's warning and will report him.  You guys know the history of the Coug and can truly speak from very negative, first-hand dealings with him.  I only happened to be (un)lucky enough to bid against him in a US only auction.

Anyway, I'll let you guys know if I hear anything from Ebay or the seller on these matters.  Thanks for the support. :D

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 2:24 am 

Xaxaxe wrote: Semi-English manifesto, maybe?

Couglish ...
... or is it Freyonics :wink:

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:09 am 

Well I left Cougar (LPF) the (deserved) negative feedback and got an (undeserved) negative back.

I'll wear it like a badge of pride! 8)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 9:40 am 

Sardan wrote:Well I left Cougar (LPF) the (deserved) negative feedback and got an (undeserved) negative back.

I'll wear it like a badge of pride! 8)

I wish I could get one.  Cougie's had me blocked for ages.  :(

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 11:56 am 

Sardan wrote:I'll wear it like a badge of pride! 8)

You guys should form a club ... you could have by-laws, an annual meeting, a treasurer, your own web-site, etc.

You could even give everyone a badge or an award of some sort:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:10 pm 

Another potential victim and a US only aution to boot:

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:30 pm 

Huh....his dad was a musician...

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:32 pm 

Sheer hilarity!

Last edited by ATOM on Wed May 09, 2007 6:15 am, edited 3 times in total.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:45 pm 

Cougy Says:
would like to piont out that you are 12 rated, and cannot persume t otell me a 7,011 rated powerseller on over 35,000 trasnactions how to run my busines that been on ebay for 7 years and in  total 30 years worth of experience?

Chortle! Chortle! It is funny because i actually think he believes the rubbish that he churns out!

Check out the classic Coogie diction and spelling!

Last edited by ATOM on Wed May 09, 2007 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 6:09 am 

The strange thing is even though he seems to have abandoned the LPF identity and made his feedback private yet still asked me for a mutual withdrawal.  He does seem obsessed with Feedback LOL.

PreviousNext
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Page 25 of 111123 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 109110111